What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

JVB66 replied on 04/05/2021 11:08

Posted on 04/05/2021 11:08

Wild overnight with heavy rain and strong wind, ,put storm guys on OHs Buggy garage,

Very windy when out with Rosa this morning across the park  a lot of blossom has come off the trees 

Not many on site now,

KjellNN replied on 04/05/2021 14:33

Posted on 04/05/2021 10:03 by brue

We've had visiting grandchildren over the years and and we've learned to keep things above ground level but it has never stopped them reaching anything interesting. wink

Posted on 04/05/2021 14:33

Mmm, Callum is very good at fetching a stool or chair to stand on to reach things!

moulesy replied on 04/05/2021 16:07

Posted on 04/05/2021 16:07

Another very cold windy day and another early start for us, given the forecast for rain this afternoon  - Britain in a Bank Holiday - what's not to like, eh? laughing

We drove to Pilsley and walked down to Edensor and past Chatsworth House to Baslow, back across the fields pursued by a curious pair of calves - luckily the adults who had ferocious looking horns didn't seem interested in us or the dogs! (You can only visit the house by pre-booking at the moment and I don't think I've ever seen the car park so empty.)

It seemed strange to be walking past the club site without going through the door - had me hankering after looking at vans again!  wink

Finished with an expensive trip to Chatsworth Farm Shop which looked to be doing a roaring trade.

Wherenext replied on 04/05/2021 19:18

Posted on 04/05/2021 19:18

That's a very pleasant walk M. Seems you are getting some dry weather.

Another mostly wet one today here. A bit nicer late afternoon.

Had to run MiL around for Chiropody care and found myself back there late on for myself. Bit of a nuisance as I have to go back late Friday so it messed up our CL trip for the weekend. Have managed to extend trip at the end but now leave on Tuesday. Small inconvenience in the grand scale of things.

The car looks like someone has made a collage out of it with small green leaves plastered all across the white paintwork. Very "Arty".

ABM replied on 04/05/2021 20:35

Posted on 04/05/2021 10:00 by brue

I think you'll need your hat as well...did you mean Brue?! laughing

Posted on 04/05/2021 20:35

I know that I should ALWAYS read twice my posts before 'Reply' is hit.  BUT now I'm being told off for not reading at least twice the posts I'm commenting on  embarassed. Would not mind so very much if it hadn't ruined the day's hilarity generator though  cry

So sorry Brue for missing your name in the earlier post by Francis  { Snivel Sniffle Sob }

And apologies as well to Francis for mis-reading the post concerned frown

Bad day on the whole for someone near to my keyboard !!

nelliethehooker replied on 04/05/2021 21:50

Posted on 04/05/2021 21:50

Looks like a good walk M. There's lots of choice of walks in that area.

Much better day weatherwise here. The wind died down during the night, but it has been a blessing during the evening as there was what sounded like a rave going on from about 6:00 yesterday evening not too far from the site, perhaps at the University Campus, but they did stop the "music" around midnight. 

Shopping this morning, first with a quick look around the McArther Glen complex......nothing purchased.....then restock of provisions at Lidl and Aldi. After lunch  we had a walk along the cycle way up the Ogmore valley from Blackmill to the site of the old Rhondda Colliery. Had a couple of hail showers when out but throbbing lasted a few minutes, thankfully, in fact is was quite warm in the sun.

Tammygirl replied on 05/05/2021 10:04

Posted on 05/05/2021 10:04

High winds and heavy rain gone now, just normal April showers but still very cold wind. The hills have a fresh covering of snow surprised

OH back at Son's house this morning, BIL giving him a hand today as a couple of heavy items to be taken to the skip.

Son on his way back from Texas, should arrive home this morning sometime. Then 14 days house quarantine to do, he's hoping for a weeks leave following that so he can come up here to see his children and do a bit of work on the houseundecided

Hygienist for me this morning so I'd better get a move on. Strangely there has been no mention of PPE charge since we got a letter last year. I don't think it went down to well with the Denplan patients. 

Takethedogalong replied on 05/05/2021 10:09

Posted on 05/05/2021 10:09

Unexpected lovely bright morning here. We have had rain for last two days, and it’s forecast for rest of week, so a garden day for me. Just wish🙏🙏🙏 the nights would warm up a bit more. This time last year it was around 30c here, glorious, but yesterday evening walking the pooch was a very miserable cold evening.

Sorting a new passport out later today........hopefully🤞At least making a start on it.......

JVB66 replied on 05/05/2021 10:26

Posted on 05/05/2021 10:26

Lovely bright but cold start to the day

Went on website this morning to book a site later this year (October)I was in a queue of 1622 with a 36min wait,, surprised

Feeling a bit light headed as have been for a hair cutsurprised

RedKite replied on 05/05/2021 11:36

Posted on 05/05/2021 11:36

A dull damp day here and much cooler, had a lovely lunch with friends yesterday and going again on Sunday for 1 night stopover as OH has some diy chores to do.

Brue as to France and corvid regulations we still have curfew from 7pm to 6am then on the 19th 9pm to 6am and 9th June 11pm to 6am than will go later in June, and on 19th of this month terraces at bars, cafes and restaurants can serve food outside only and only 6 per table then more opening of inside from June, the regulations are a bit odd as our friends run a b&b and have their first guests this season on Saturday night and until the 19th no food can be served outside or inside and must be in their bedrooms so that will be fun having to take each course upstairs and leave the tray outside their rooms  not sure how they will get on for wine perhaps a small carafe for each room so they have made sure not to have many guests until 19th due to this regulation this also includes breakfast one way of keeping fit.  The number of cases is going down now as more vaccinations are being done, most things will be open after June 30th except nightclubs (oh dear we will not be able to dance the night away ha ha).  Our friends said that an elderly couple they know did not want the vaccination but their daughter arranged it with their doctor so they have had their 1st jab, a lot of the older generation here due not trust vaccinations, even another friend's son in the UK will not have it and has not been out for a year as he refuses to wear a mask he is a conspiracy theorist she has a lot of arguments with him but at least she and husband have had their jab and the 2nd is next week, our 2nd is on 18th of this month.

Just extended our break for next year as May 2022 is open for bookings.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook