What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 05/05/2021 13:15

Posted on 05/05/2021 13:15

Thanks RedKite, looks as though things are improving over the channel! We have a reluctant jab receiver in our family so I know how your friends must be feeling. Maybe the thought of travel further afield will give them the urge towards a jab?

Anyway it's good that you can forward book, fingers crossed for improved travel.

Icy blasts of rain here inbetween nice sunshine. I am trying to get plants into the garden, they will have to take their chances. Had some help this morning, which was great as the weeds are taking off, dock leaves seen to be taking over in one area.

We are heading north soon, too much to do before we go, waiting for car repair as well.

Wherenext replied on 05/05/2021 15:43

Posted on 05/05/2021 15:43

Busy time for you Brue. Must be nice to see what Hubby looks like after his Snookerfest!

We're heading off but going further west into Wales next week. 

Lots of blustery showers, some with rather large bits of Hail falling, between infrequent bits of sunshine this morning but the sun is making more of an effort this afternoon.

Thought we'd top up with a few missing supplies from our local caravan supply dealer and was surprised to find the shelves quite empty. The woman who ran the shop area was great, always a mine of information but apparently she has now left and things have headed downhill. Not sure if it's a general supply problem or just poor admin. Mrs WN braved a local Aldi and was quite happy to find it quiet.

Tammy, did the dentist ever get around to charging you for their outlay on PPE? You mentioned it last year but I seem to have forgotten, not an unusual occurrence.

SteveL replied on 05/05/2021 16:46

Posted on 05/05/2021 16:46

We were going to walk south along the coast from Berwick upon Tweed today. However, although nice and sunny the strong northerly wind was bitter. We didn’t get far before deciding that walking back against it was going to be very unpleasant, so turned round and went into Berwick instead. Walked out along the harbour wall and then around the towns defensive ramparts. Still clocked up 6 miles and it was a lot more sheltered than the coastal path would have been.😀 It is hard to believe we are almost a week into May.

Tammygirl replied on 05/05/2021 17:21

Posted on 05/05/2021 17:21

WN, there has been no mention of charges for PPE since the initial letter. I don't think it went down well with the patients. I've had 2 check ups and 2 hygienist appointments since last September, no charges. I know have a new denplan dentist and new hygienist, both very happy to please, will see how long that lasts.

Sun and showers here, hail a few times and still bitter cold.

Sorting out clothes to go in the van for our trip starting Sunday. We are heading west first then north around the coast (nc500) we don't really think of it as that but I know its the popular name.

Would normally be putting in summer ish clothes but I think it will have to be warmer stuff this year, probably end up with all 4 seasons stuff.

Waiting for OH to return home, he finished emptying the kitchen at our sons this morning. All cabinets and some white good gone to the skip. This afternoon he's up there doing some of the hedges. There are 4 of them and he tells me they have grown very tall. That's him just back and putting the trailer away. Time to put dinner on.

moulesy replied on 05/05/2021 18:52

Posted on 05/05/2021 18:52

It's been a funny old day as dear old Greavsie might have said. This morning I took Ralph up on the nine maidens walk again while Mrs M was engaged in a zoom Zumba session. (I thought she'd developed an unfortunate stutter but, no, apparently zoom Zumba is an actual thing! laughing)

Then we went for two walks in Lathkill Dale - a real dale of two halfs. First we walked from Monyash down to the rather bleak craggy section of the dale. The river disappears underground in this section, particularly after dry weather, making the little bridge almost redundant.

This afternoon we walked the other section from Over Haddon along a really lovely stretch of the river - a steep climb down at the start so you can guess what happens at the other end!  surprised

We got chatting to a local couple who had bought and just completed converting a house in the village with the most stunning views.

In between the two walks we had just sat down for our picnic lunch when the sky went very black so we beat a hasty retreat to the car just in time because for an hour so there was an absolute downpour including some very large hailstones. frown

Tomorrow is one of the highlights of the week - a walk from Monsal Head and lunch at The Packhorse in Little Longstone  (think I might have mentioned the place once or twice! smile)

Wherenext replied on 05/05/2021 19:20

Posted on 05/05/2021 19:20

Moulesy, we normally park at Monyash and walk down to One Ash Grange Farm then across, uphill then downhill to Youlgreave and walk back along Lathkill Dale. Beautiful walk and one of our favourites. There are normally quite a lot of Orchids out along the stretch between Over Haddon and the bridge but I'm not sure the weather has been the best for them yet.

The Packhorse eh?undecided  Never heard of it.

Francis replied on 05/05/2021 20:57

Posted on 05/05/2021 16:46 by SteveL

We were going to walk south along the coast from Berwick upon Tweed today. However, although nice and sunny the strong northerly wind was bitter. We didn’t get far before deciding that walking back against it was going to be very unpleasant, so turned round and went into Berwick instead. Walked out along the harbour wall and then around the towns defensive ramparts. Still clocked up 6 miles and it was a lot more sheltered than the coastal path would have been.😀 It is hard to believe we are almost a week into May.

Posted on 05/05/2021 20:57

We love Berwick Steve we go over there 3-4 times a year usually stay at the club site in Spittal lovely site with excellent views with a brilliant little pub within walking distance The Red Lion. Been down to that lighthouse many times usually if I’m out a cycle. Hopefully won’t be long until we get over that way again soon. Lindisfarne is a lovely place to visit when in the area very peaceful and has a nice walk down to the castle 

DavidKlyne replied on 06/05/2021 13:51

Posted on 06/05/2021 13:51

Margaret and I have just done our civic duty and been to vote. We were surprised how long the queue was but they we only letting people in one and a time. All well organised. Good to see the interest given that it was just the local elections and Police and Crime Commissioners. Typically British of course we all queued sensibly and talked to each other about queuing!!!!

David

replied on 06/05/2021 13:59

Posted on 06/05/2021 13:59

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

brue replied on 06/05/2021 14:05

Posted on 06/05/2021 14:05

No elections here except for the Police Commissioner.

OH has gone to watch the EA restocking a stretch of local river. I've also sent him off with more bags for the charity shop.

I'm just having a break from gardening, we've both done some this morning. We get one bit sorted and then it makes the next bit look worse!

Another surveyor is visiting our elderly neighbour's house tomorrow, he has requested due to Covid that all the doors and windows are open. As it's a very old place OH has been commissioned to try the windows first (we think most will stick!) The sale process has become very long winded....frown

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook