What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 18/03/2021 10:45

Posted on 18/03/2021 10:45

I'll be in pigtails by the time I get my appointment Millie but I have been promised a cancellation! smile

B2 it really is a small inheritance our daughter is receiving, so buying power is limited!  Her main spending ambition is a triple wardrobe so that midddle grandson can clear everything off his bedroom floor. I expect she'll save the remainder for a rainy day. She doesn't own her home and lives in area where houses are expensive. She has sorted out her Aunty's failing health, dementia onset and affairs single handly and over the last year we've been her "back up" group on the phone. I expect it's a been a similar tale up and down the country.

ABM replied on 18/03/2021 16:49

Posted on 18/03/2021 16:49

Only got as far as Morrisons this afternoon, Oatibix & Oatibix Flakes and Red Fruit Flakes plus lots of non-edibles bought. So Over the week-end I can follow sports various while mixing and intermingling my new cereals with the existing stuff in order to drag the sugar levels down { Well I am not going to throw it all away now am I  wink innocent  }  Six months approximately till the next Nursey Interview crops up and by then I hope, I did say hope,  to be back in Medico's Good Books. and getting ready for all those celebrations in December  innocent

For all your kind help & assistance I thank you  kiss

Wherenext replied on 18/03/2021 17:06

Posted on 18/03/2021 17:06

Felt compelled to write to our Councillor yesterday and am pleased to say she has actioned 2 requests, nothing out of the ordinary already.

Her husband called around with some information this afternoon, so she'll be getting my vote as an Independent, who seem to work harder than political affiliated ones.

Day has finally decided to warm up, a bit too late.

Mrs WN did report that the poor hairdressers got some terrible abuse, mainly from elderly people who should know better, because firstly those complainers hadn't been treated a priority and secondly because there weren't enough "layabouts" of hairdressers in the shop, despite the hairdressers only being allowed a total of 6 people in, 3 customers and 3 hairdressers. It took an hour longer because these elderly complainers kept just walking into the shop expecting immediate service. Mrs WN not best pleased with them and felt the workers reacted admirably.

ABM replied on 18/03/2021 17:17

Posted on 18/03/2021 17:17

WN,  You wrote Yesterday and got a personal visit today surprised  By 'eck you must have an awful reputation for responses like That !!  Have you ever thought of opening Offices next door to the Government Offices yell

moulesy replied on 18/03/2021 17:51

Posted on 18/03/2021 17:51

We have had to wait just over a month but today was Dad's funeral service. Obviously just a small number of close family, including a couple of cousins of his who I hadn't met since we were all children. Lovely weather and a nice service, a fitting way to remember him.

These flowers weren't done by a professional, but by his grandson's mother in law - we thought they were a match for anything a qualified florist might provide.  smile

Bakers2 replied on 18/03/2021 18:00

Posted on 18/03/2021 18:00

Moulsey beautiful flowers and I thoroughly agree on the standard of them.

I'm glad that you were able to give your dad a personal send off. A month's a long time to wait to say a final goodbye, but my friend had to wait 8 weeks, no PM to delay things. Sign of the times or living in a very populated area 😢😢.

I hope you and your family can begin to remember all the wonderful times you shared. May he Rest in Peace. 

Cornersteady replied on 18/03/2021 18:20

Posted on 18/03/2021 18:20

Yes it sounds as if you had a lovely send off to your dad, and I'm sure he would have approved and appreciated it all

Wherenext replied on 18/03/2021 18:26

Posted on 18/03/2021 18:20 by Cornersteady

Yes it sounds as if you had a lovely send off to your dad, and I'm sure he would have approved and appreciated it all

Posted on 18/03/2021 18:26

I'll second those sentiments. 

Pleased it all seemed to go as well as can be expected M.

Wherenext replied on 18/03/2021 18:27

Posted on 18/03/2021 17:17 by ABM

WN,  You wrote Yesterday and got a personal visit today surprised  By 'eck you must have an awful reputation for responses like That !!  Have you ever thought of opening Offices next door to the Government Offices yell

Posted on 18/03/2021 18:27

I just threaten to send Mother-in-law around to discuss matters. Seems to work.laughing

milliehull replied on 18/03/2021 19:42

Posted on 18/03/2021 19:42

It sounds as though you gave your Dad a wonderful send off Moulesy. I am so glad the weather smiled on you.  The flowers are absolutely beautiful.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook