What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

JVB66 replied on 19/03/2021 09:18

Posted on 19/03/2021 09:18

On our first walk this morning met one of the local school teachers ,and she advised that a local girls school has had numerous positive tests this week ,that they did not have when it first openedsurprised

Rufs replied on 19/03/2021 09:45

Posted on 19/03/2021 09:45

Brilliant day in Stubbers, just looking out thru the conservatory window, the forsythia is gleaming bright yellow, the hyncinths are an array of colour, i plant out the ones we have indoors once they have gone over, we did have lots of camilia but the squirel ate the buds, most of the leaft buds on the shrubs have now popped open, going to rake over the grass today and spread some seed just to keep it up to par, everyday is a staycation day for us. Decorators have finished just waiting for the new blinds to arrive, bang goes my Spanish holiday money laughing  

milliehull replied on 19/03/2021 09:54

Posted on 19/03/2021 09:54

We've just had a terrible Zoom meeting with our gardening club, the first one was brilliant but tonight we had a speaker with nothing interesting to speak about and she had slow bandwidth which reduced her voice to a low pitched drawl....luckily we were all muted so she couldn't hear our comments!! (But video pictures painted a thousand words)

Brue all our Museum Society Lectures have been via Zoom this season and some have been brilliant and some like your gardening club meeting have been truly awful. Giving a lecture via Zoom is not for the faint hearted laughing

brue replied on 19/03/2021 11:24

Posted on 19/03/2021 11:24

Well, it's our turn for a wedding anniversary, our second lockdown one so we're used to it...wink it will be the usual dog walk, maybe the romantic ambience of a garden centre compost purchase and a take away. 

💐💐💐(I did get some nice flowers. kiss)

RedKite replied on 19/03/2021 11:29

Posted on 19/03/2021 11:29

I do like your new avatar picture rufs OH has been putting old photos on the computer and we have a few of an old springer with new puppy springer laying on top of the older dog taken 1995 gosh time flies.

Another chilly day here and had some rain overnight and not nice outside, just collected the post from our postbox and OH has bought me a newer star meteo small internal weather station as it has an extra day on it so he is just setting it up and our friends can have the old one as she has a basic one and not happy with it, this is very accurate as it receives its information by satellites and radio stations around France, he got it off our local Le boncoin website and an unwanted present never been opened and English person selling it cheap so all cleaned over now.

Just housework to do today and pack a bag as we are going upto friends tomorrow for a few diy chores and celebrate a late xmas with them, they will come here for Easter and bring their van as they are having a new Fosse Septique put in next month so van will stay here for about 6 weeks whilst everything is done so two vans here will look like a small CL ha ha.

Not good news for northern France as some areas go into lockdown for a month from midnight tonight so hopefully that will stop second home owners coming down here as schools will be open, this is what happens when folk go on snow holidays in the last school holidays.

milliehull replied on 19/03/2021 12:33

Posted on 19/03/2021 12:33

Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs brue. I hope you enjoy your trip to the garden centre. laughing

Rufs replied on 19/03/2021 13:16

Posted on 19/03/2021 13:16

"I do like your new avatar picture rufs OH has been putting old photos on the computer and we have a few of an old springer with new puppy springer laying on top of the older dog taken 1995 gosh time flies."

both dogs are rescue dogs, the older coming from Poland, lovely dog but due to some behavioral problems we suspect he did not have an easy early life, was malnorished when he arrived and now guards any food you give him like a hawk, but so soft otherwise, pup came from Eastern European family but living in the UK, took it, had it for 2 weeks hated it gave it up.

"Not good news for northern France as some areas go into lockdown for a month"

do hope you get this virus under control was watching the news at 1300hrs, does not look good, and France can still not come to grips with who should have the vaccine. In Hampshire we now have 116 areas with 3 or less new cases this week, proper proper staycation looking more than likely i.e. staying at home laughing

Bakers2 replied on 19/03/2021 13:21

Posted on 19/03/2021 13:21

Happy anniversary to the brue's. Enjoy your trip out. 

We have brilliant sunshine and little or no breeze, but the air is cool, not what I was expecting, being where we are, from the forecast. Just spoken to son about an hour away, grey and damp but not raining with them, more what I was expecting. No complaints from me.

Apparently DIL threatening to give up work from Monday, but hell believe it when it happens 😂. New addition due in a couple of weeks and son on gardening leave until he starts his new job 1st or later depending on baby arrival,  so will be nice to have a few days as a couple before the fun begins!

Dentist first thing, next 2 x 3 monthly appointments booked, that takes us to September 😱. Just a clean today, everything as pre-Covid just have to spit in plastic cup after rinsing.

Followed that with lovely dog walk still incredibly muddy as it rained very gently most of yesterday AGAIN. Clothes in the wash, towels already dry outside.

Aiming for a bit of time in the garden, but limited as still so wet. Hoping to sort our gardening tools out, there really is a limit to how many forks, spades, rakes, hoes etc one household needs! I think everytime someone passes away we acquire their stock too. I'm hoping the local Mencap group are still interested. The Joy's of fb groups, I must just check but I'm going to sort regardless 🤞😉. I have so many heaps about the place it's more muddly than if things were still in cupboards drawers etc. 

Whatever you spend your day doing enjoy it.

So many have mastered Zoom, we haven't attempted it.

Red kite it seems both France and Germany have increasing cases - I do hope our travel restrictions stay, sorry folks, to keep them where they are. A report on the radio thought lots more Brazil type which we dont want here until more folk vaccinated and adjustments to vaccine made 😱. Stay as safe as you can

Bakers2 replied on 19/03/2021 13:36

Posted on 19/03/2021 13:36

OH received another Covid letter from HMG because hes vunerable. I think that's the 5th one ! One each time for lockdowns. This one is about returning to work. He's been retired for 13 years and received state pension for 4 of those. This one is 7.5 pages of typing, at least its double sided! Can't imagine how must it must cost to do, but still those 'youngsters' will pick up the bill along with all the Covid costs, poor devils.

But it does appear they seem to be serious about the current road map at least 😉

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook