What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 17/03/2021 08:04

Posted on 17/03/2021 07:48 by Rufs

Get a meter, we pay £14 per month for water, £17 for waste water 12 monthly payments and we are currently in credit on our water wink

Posted on 17/03/2021 08:04

If folk have baths rather than showers it can be a mistake🤷🏻‍♂️.If there is 2 of you who shower you will be shocked at the savings. Add to that a big thirsty garden & it’s not good. But good if you have lots of water butts to collect rain water then it’s back to good again👍🏻😊

cyberyacht replied on 17/03/2021 08:05

Posted on 17/03/2021 08:05

I'm even more abstemious than Rufs. Like him, I have two water companies, one for waste water and another for the stuff from the tap. Both come out at £24pm. I obviously drink less tea or perhaps it is the 100L that I bring home from my last site when returning home. wink

Bakers2 replied on 17/03/2021 08:37

Posted on 17/03/2021 08:37

Pleasantly surprised at our council tax increase. We pay over 10 months and the increase is £3 a month making a total of £1836 per year for band D, no parish rate, but there is talk of becoming a parish. We were told it would be maximum they could it up, but that seems to have been scaremongering. In some ways I wish it was more and they spent it on the potholes and pavements 😤.

Not got the water incoming at present £270 per annum or sewerage, different company, £310. No meter but as you buy a house here it gets a meter as do all new builds. My mum saved an awful lot after we lost dad, when she had a meter, less than £10 a month I believe.

We pay these over 10 months, February and March off, goes back to a young family and single income, 2 months to get straight 😀. Was a nice bunce, in those days there was only the phone bill plus TV licence gas etc which I put away for monthly. 

No looked at the census information yet, may do it in next couple of days as I can't think anything will change on house occupancy 🤞.

Was bright, not sunny, earlier but getting greyer as forecast 🙁 no rain expected, but still too wet to be on the ground too long, scaffold boards or similar are only any use on unplanned areas or grass, doesnt work here!

Enjoy your day folks.

Was looking forward to meeting up with folk again after 29th, if allowed, then did the maths as they say, and need to self isolate if we want to see new addition. But that depends on arrival not due date. Hopefully we can see son and DIL before, ie straight off the starting blocks, then give them a couple of weeks to settle as a family whilst we isolate when it arrives! I'll settle for a look through the window if necessary. Timing is everything in our/their case ..............

replied on 17/03/2021 08:45

Posted on 17/03/2021 08:45

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

MikeyA replied on 17/03/2021 09:08

Posted on 17/03/2021 09:08

Watched a great film last night on Netflix - First Man - the film  tells the story of Neil Armstrong and the journey to the Moon Landing. How they achieved it 50 years ago is still mightily impressive. 

We were lucky enough in the late 90s to visit Cape Canaveral and walk under an actual Saturn 5 rocket  -  it was displayed horizontally in a large museum allowing you walk the full length under it with it just above your head. This was not a copy but real deal but one they never used.

Unfortunately, last night was the last time it will be on Netflix at the present time. Catch it sometime if you can. 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 17/03/2021 09:16

Posted on 17/03/2021 09:08 by MikeyA

Watched a great film last night on Netflix - First Man - the film  tells the story of Neil Armstrong and the journey to the Moon Landing. How they achieved it 50 years ago is still mightily impressive. 

We were lucky enough in the late 90s to visit Cape Canaveral and walk under an actual Saturn 5 rocket  -  it was displayed horizontally in a large museum allowing you walk the full length under it with it just above your head. This was not a copy but real deal but one they never used.

Unfortunately, last night was the last time it will be on Netflix at the present time. Catch it sometime if you can. 

Posted on 17/03/2021 09:16

It’ll be back, they churn the movies & mix em with newly bought & commissioned👍🏻. Netflix & Now TV are the best of the bunch. Amazon Prime have most of the best movies & series on ‘pay only’ which is a swizz☹️

allanandjean replied on 17/03/2021 09:20

Posted on 17/03/2021 08:45 by

Back from Sainsbury's,  weekly shop done and that's the weeks  excitement overundecided

Posted on 17/03/2021 09:20

Was that the one in Salisbury David?!!!

Beautiful day again, saw three vapour trails yesterday, and been good on the get out and about front this week.

Trip out Monday cancelled but yesterday saw us at Talland Bay, for work, then down into Looe, passing Tencreek Holiday park, for a stroll along Hannafore and a 99 from the kiosk.

Eddystone was clearly visible and cant wait to see it from a BF ferry, preferably from a window seat whilst enjoying some great food and wine.

Today its Gunnislake then over the Tamar and down into Plymouth for shopping, tomorrow, another, medical appointment then on Friday its Talland Bay again and maybe fish & chips from the Coddy Shack in East Looe, near the clubs site.

replied on 17/03/2021 09:40

Posted on 17/03/2021 09:20 by allanandjean

Was that the one in Salisbury David?!!!

Beautiful day again, saw three vapour trails yesterday, and been good on the get out and about front this week.

Trip out Monday cancelled but yesterday saw us at Talland Bay, for work, then down into Looe, passing Tencreek Holiday park, for a stroll along Hannafore and a 99 from the kiosk.

Eddystone was clearly visible and cant wait to see it from a BF ferry, preferably from a window seat whilst enjoying some great food and wine.

Today its Gunnislake then over the Tamar and down into Plymouth for shopping, tomorrow, another, medical appointment then on Friday its Talland Bay again and maybe fish & chips from the Coddy Shack in East Looe, near the clubs site.

Posted on 17/03/2021 09:40

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Rufs replied on 17/03/2021 09:57

Posted on 17/03/2021 08:45 by

Back from Sainsbury's,  weekly shop done and that's the weeks  excitement overundecided

Posted on 17/03/2021 09:57

Cheer up....fathers day in Spain this coming weekend so long weekend holiday.....bad news....snow forecast for Murcia region laughing

Rufs replied on 17/03/2021 10:01

Posted on 17/03/2021 10:01

had to put Sorento into garage this morning, nearly 8 years old and 9 months out of warranty and it has developed a small coolant leak, typical, but great walk back from Lee-on-the-Solent only problem was the bacon buttie shop was closed, pooch not happy yell 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook