What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ABM replied on 14/03/2021 14:01

Posted on 14/03/2021 11:40 by brue

I've booked myself in for a virtual expreince this evening! Thought I'd have a go at watching The Dream from the RSC. I haven't gone the whole hog paying £10 to totally submerge myself but will be watching as a free viewer.  RSC The Dream LINK

So at 6pm I'll be gone on a new journey. laughing

What has Mother's Day come to I ask myself.....wink

Posted on 14/03/2021 14:01

Hmmm,  the Marshmallow Laser Feast perhaps Brue ~~ some journey  !!

Goldie146 replied on 14/03/2021 14:32

Posted on 14/03/2021 14:32

Last night we joined in a Virtual Bingo night - organised by the Westmorland Show Society. It was a bit strange, being held on Zoom with the caller in an empty office room. I’ve never played Bingo since it was Housey Housey at family parties, and it took a while for my eyes to get tuned in. 

My husband, as President, had to judge the best decorated glass (cocktail or otherwise). I don’t think he offended anyone. It was all in aid of RABI and raised nearly £1200. 

We won a raffle prize - a barbecue! But until such time as we can collect don’t know anything about it. It might be a pack of sausages. Or a state of the art posh gas one.

And more excitement today - we went into town to collect our new glasses. Varivocals again, and so far much better than the outdated previous ones.

ABM replied on 14/03/2021 15:03

Posted on 14/03/2021 15:03

That's a decent contribution to RABI funds, Goldie, especially as it was  done on line & nobody had the chance to do serious Arm Twisting yell ! Even the thought of a Prize pack of Cumbrian Spiced Sausages is nothing to be sneezed at sealed

brue replied on 14/03/2021 15:14

Posted on 14/03/2021 15:14

Perhaps one of those giant Cumberland sauages?!

We had one of those from our daughter's partner after he'd been up to visit his family, OH had to spend a long time rewinding it into manageable portions. wink

Sounds like it all went well Goldie, nice idea.

ABM replied on 14/03/2021 17:12

Posted on 14/03/2021 17:12

Giant Sausages Brue undecided ??   I suppose I could get one of those large surveyors tape measures and replace the tape with the sausage and wind out a bite size chunk at a time  smile

ABM replied on 14/03/2021 17:31

Posted on 14/03/2021 17:31

The sausage skin filler must have had Olympic training to fill that thing, brue, I've never seen one like that and dread the thought of the bacon to go with it surprised

JVB66 replied on 14/03/2021 18:28

Posted on 14/03/2021 18:28

We have been woken up in the early hours most days this last week with "boiling" water in our garden pond ,and have counted an "army "of 15 frogs and now have as  today 7splodges of frog spawnsurprised

ABM replied on 14/03/2021 22:58

Posted on 14/03/2021 22:58

Ribbit, ribbit, ribbit  !!     That's the noise made, allegedly, only by some breed of American west coast frog which is used in loads of film sound tracks from there to eternity, but is not the sound you should be hearing JVB, unless you are running some form of international amphibian sanctuary. 

Incidentally, the BBC Local News  is warning folks in Cumbria to be aware of the Annual Frog, Toad and Newt mating migration taking place now.  So always carry a nice gentle bucket to pop 'em into in order to help them find their way to remote puddles, pond and pools chasing after their Fancies embarassed

Bakers2 replied on 15/03/2021 08:39

Posted on 14/03/2021 18:28 by JVB66

We have been woken up in the early hours most days this last week with "boiling" water in our garden pond ,and have counted an "army "of 15 frogs and now have as  today 7splodges of frog spawnsurprised

Posted on 15/03/2021 08:39

Well JVB you either have exceptional frogs, a pond below your open window or are very light sleepers 🤣🤣🤣.

We have never heard anything when outdoors, let alone indoors. We did have a David Attenborough moment when returning to our bungalow on a nature reserve on a Thai island on a few evenings but even that wasn't that audible a few yards from the water.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook