What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DSB replied on 15/03/2021 19:04

Posted on 15/03/2021 19:04

Garden centre visit today to get one or two items to spruce up the back garden.....  Caravan cleaning is one of the things on my list (DK).... soon to be done...

David

brue replied on 15/03/2021 19:20

Posted on 15/03/2021 19:20

Booked a garden visit mid week, more NT places opening up so we'll be off to Lytes Cary for a change. Not far from home as it's still locals only.

Francis replied on 15/03/2021 19:25

Posted on 15/03/2021 19:04 by DSB

Garden centre visit today to get one or two items to spruce up the back garden.....  Caravan cleaning is one of the things on my list (DK).... soon to be done...

David

Posted on 15/03/2021 19:25

I cleaned our van at the weekend David. Took 3 hours was up on the roof too and done the whole van looks great hard work though. 

nelliethehooker replied on 15/03/2021 19:46

Posted on 15/03/2021 19:46

Received a text from our GO Surgery while out walking this afternoon, didn't read it and presumed it was to offer me a date for my second jab. On getting home and reading it fully it was a reminder for OH of her jab tomorrow. Hopes deflated!! 😞

RedKite replied on 15/03/2021 19:56

Posted on 15/03/2021 19:56

Enjoy your visit to Lytes Cary brue I used to do volunteering work there in the garden and really did enjoy my time there a lot more formal than I used to do with the gardening group with learning difficulties around the Bridgwater area but I used to enjoy both.

No gardening here today very dull and damp so a small amount of painting in the lounge and a few other chores.

Off for coffee with friends on Tuesday morning and see their rescue dog is behaving now after chasing a cat last week but no problems with their own cat.

Could do with the folk who are cleaning their caravans over here our is a bit green on the roof it will have to wait for a dry and warmer spell, may go away in May but still waiting for the jabs.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/03/2021 21:12

Posted on 15/03/2021 19:20 by brue

Booked a garden visit mid week, more NT places opening up so we'll be off to Lytes Cary for a change. Not far from home as it's still locals only.

Posted on 15/03/2021 21:12

Love Lytes Cary Brue, brilliant allotment projects. We stopped off heading down to Dartmoor a couple of years ago, always love a walk around the gardens, and we did the long estate walk as well, with the pooch in his chariot. Hope you have a lovely day👍

Mum day here, took her for a short walk today, Roche Abbey estate near home. She really enjoyed it, keeps her legs going, a bit of exercise. Nice and warm in sunshine as well.

SteveL replied on 16/03/2021 11:55

Posted on 16/03/2021 11:55

Just sitting waiting for the Tesco delivery. It says 1 stop away, so looks like being early. Postman just put something through the door, which on investigation turned out to be the council tax bill.☹️ Not as bad as I thought, only £64 more this year. Just as well as for some reason we seem to have about the highest band C rate in the country at £30 a month above the average payment at about the average for band D. It says we are next now.😀

richardandros replied on 16/03/2021 12:25

Posted on 16/03/2021 11:55 by SteveL

Just sitting waiting for the Tesco delivery. It says 1 stop away, so looks like being early. Postman just put something through the door, which on investigation turned out to be the council tax bill.☹️ Not as bad as I thought, only £64 more this year. Just as well as for some reason we seem to have about the highest band C rate in the country at £30 a month above the average payment at about the average for band D. It says we are next now.😀

Posted on 16/03/2021 12:25

Got ours a couple of days ago gone up by over £200 for the year taking the monthly payments up to £250.  It's getting to be quite a serious level of expendituresurprised

Feeling a bit pleased with myself after the heavy rain over the last few days resulted in water pouring in through our back door.  Managed to fit a drip rail (why on earth one wasn't fitted in the first place?) and replaced the rubber seals on both the door and the frame.  The 'universal-fit' seal that I bought from Amazon looked nothing like the original and was concerned that it wouldn't fit - but it did and was a doddle to put in. So - job done - just waiting for it to pour again so I can see if it has worked.smile

milliehull replied on 16/03/2021 12:33

Posted on 16/03/2021 12:33

I hope you hear about your 2nd jab soon nellie.  When was your OH's 1st jab? Mine was the middle of January so I am hoping to hear about my 2nd one in 3 to 4 weeks.

Not much to report here.  Much the same - jobs in the house and a bit of gardening. Daughter told me on Friday that the M&S on our local trading estate is open.  Not just the food hall but the whole of the ground floor - women's, men's and children's clothes so had a quiet wander round there yesterday afternoon. It's the first time I have been in a shop for months. I managed to stock up on some birthday cards as we have a few birthdays coming up in the next month or so.

Rufs replied on 16/03/2021 14:29

Posted on 16/03/2021 14:29

"Got ours a couple of days ago gone up by over £200 for the year taking the monthly payments up to £250. It's getting to be quite a serious level of expenditure"

Wow, i knew Yorkshire was expensive, my sister lives near Malton, been advised our monthly will be £189 laughing, do you live in a castle laughing

"Could do with the folk who are cleaning their caravans over here our is a bit green on the roof"

ours was cleaned it last week with the usual Fenwicks after this cheeky chappie in the SAR who flies over quite often told my daughter that the caravan was looking a bit green surprised

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook