What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

replied on 06/12/2016 13:56

Posted on 06/12/2016 13:56

It's been a quiet afternoon. No orders so far. I've been sitting in the relaxer in the awning with a cup of tea and I just wiped the condensation off the awning windows so that I can see out. It looks rather grey and murky though. No sun and a bit of mist in the distance. However, the village of Findon on the hill in the background is still visible from the awning front window.

There's no need to go shopping today as we did a big shop yesterday at the Tesco Extra in Durrington and bought a half price joint of beef for our next roast dinner. We also got some frozen Yorkshire Puddings, gravy granules and horseradish sauce to go with it plus some fresh as well as frozen vegetables.

young thomas replied on 06/12/2016 14:07

Posted on 06/12/2016 14:07

Really grey day here not inviting at all. Bit of frost overnight but gone early this morning. OH now writting out his xmas cards, finally. Not sure what I'm going to get up to today other than a bit of shopping its kind of too early to pack the bags, although most things are ready and waiting. Just kind of hanging around filling time.

Know the feeling waiting to pack, we have done now and are off shortly. Have a good cruise

Regards from us both

David, (and Another MWink) have a great time, dead jealous...

...and Tammy and Diver Phil, bon voyage......

take care all.....Happy

brue replied on 06/12/2016 15:21

Posted on 06/12/2016 15:21

It's been long day here, no hint of sunshine. OH has been all over Dorset searching for a car part (the first one didn't work.) Mission accomplished, family member looking less fraught.

Back to to Dorset tomorrow, meeting friends for lunch in Shaftesbury.

Hope all the winter holidays go well, bon voyage to the travellers! 

Tammygirl replied on 06/12/2016 15:42

Posted on 06/12/2016 15:42

Thanks to Brue and BB for the good wishes.

Just got back from shopping, decided to top up the freezer for our return, lots of lovely joints of meat at very good prices Wink all now in the freezer. I prepared and froze lots of veg the other day, soup pot now on, when that's made I'll freeze some of that as well. Will only have to pick up fresh bread, milk and potatoes on our return. Christmas cards all done and in the post just the village ones to deliver, present for Mum ready to wrap, I'm done.Smile

Bakers2 replied on 06/12/2016 16:11

Posted on 06/12/2016 16:11

Tammygirl when are you off? Where are you going? I may have missed that .

Grey day here, done a lot of nothing . Two parcels arrived today of things ordered online on Sunday, wow didn't pay extra for fast delivery! Very misty so tumble dried what washing I could took homemade shepherds pie from the freezer together with a packet of home cooked and frozen roast veg, dinner without effort . Took ourselves out to stretch our legs, made a circular walk. As we passed a house I remarked to OH we hadn't seen the occupants for awhile, and lo they came out of the front door. So a quick catch up, made us realise it felt cool, seemed worse than the cold and bright days. Thermometer says 6c so much warmer than last few days.

IanH replied on 06/12/2016 16:35

Posted on 06/12/2016 16:35

To clarify an earlier point......the basic state pension might be £119 per week (can't remember the figures just now) but people get an amount based on their NI contributions......so can get more or less than this.

The minimum guarantee amount for someone of state pension age for a woman is £155.......so if you get less than this, it will be topped up by Pension Credit. However, any other income will be taken into account, so you may not get the full top up.

Incidently, if you do get Pension Credi (the Guarantee part, not the Savings part - which you can only get at 65) you will be eligible for full Housing Benefit and full Council Tax Reduction.

Don't you just love all tbes benefits rules? Wink  I do wonder how people who haven't been trained in the benefits system are supposed to know what they are entitled to.

IanH it was a big learning curve when we had to start dealing with Mum's stuff, she was entitled to all sorts that we were not aware of. I'm pretty sure there must be lots of people out there in the same boat. The work CAB and yourself do is amazing long may it continue.

Thank you, Tammygirl that's very kind of you.

The bizarre thing is that the DWP now recommend claimants contact us......it appears that we know their systems better than they do!

IanH replied on 06/12/2016 16:36

Posted on 06/12/2016 16:36

Wow this booking day is a nusicance. Just wanted to check out sites and CLs recently reviewed. Really attractive page telling me 'we're getting ready for 2017'. Can't check out site or review. This goes to show the importance of the handbook and map. What's the use if a website thgthgats out iuf action for hours for a routine task like booking or site surfing??? 

For the life if me I cannot see the sense in not allowing bookings to be continuous without a cut off and frenzy day.

Write your comments here...

I absolutely agree Bakers.I would be very annoyed if I was still at work with young children faced with the probablity of having to take the day off work on booking day so that I could make sure that we got a site that we wanted in the school holidays.  As you say just make the booking continuous throughout the year.

hence the siggestions in the past that the club move this antiquated ritual to a day (sat/sun) where more working folk would be able to take part on an equal footing with the clubs 'core demograpic'.

8 am on a week day morning is about as worker unfriendly as it could get....Sad

still, if im bored tomorrow, i might get stuck into some serious honeypot bookings....i can always cancel them just before if we dont want to go....Undecided

Naughty BB! Wink

replied on 06/12/2016 16:45

Posted on 06/12/2016 16:45

Just got our first order today and had to drive through congested traffic along Warren Road on the approach to Grove Lodge Roundabout. We're now awaiting collection of a Macdonalds order on Liverpool Terrace.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook