What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

replied on 06/12/2016 07:52

Posted on 06/12/2016 07:52

I'm just having my first cup of tea this morning and catching up on reading all the posts on here. It seems like quite a few of you are preparing to go on holiday to catch some winter sun!

It's a rather grey and foggy morning here but less cold than it has been over the last few days.

It was absolutely manic at work yesterday and no time to catch up on here, so I'm making up for it now!

volvoman9 replied on 06/12/2016 08:09

Posted on 06/12/2016 08:09

I will be helping one of my grandsons to move house today so could be heavy in.Not always a good idea with my back.Happy

v9

MrRoute replied on 06/12/2016 08:25

Posted on 06/12/2016 08:25

Will be meeting up with some guys I haven't seen for 55 years.

We were Telegram/Messenger boys back in the early sixties, one of them has put in a lot of work for this reunion.Should be a good time .Happy

milliehull replied on 06/12/2016 08:29

Posted on 06/12/2016 08:29

Wow this booking day is a nusicance. Just wanted to check out sites and CLs recently reviewed. Really attractive page telling me 'we're getting ready for 2017'. Can't check out site or review. This goes to show the importance of the handbook and map. What's the use if a website thgthgats out iuf action for hours for a routine task like booking or site surfing??? 

For the life if me I cannot see the sense in not allowing bookings to be continuous without a cut off and frenzy day.

Write your comments here...

I absolutely agree Bakers.I would be very annoyed if I was still at work with young children faced with the probablity of having to take the day off work on booking day so that I could make sure that we got a site that we wanted in the school holidays.  As you say just make the booking continuous throughout the year.

milliehull replied on 06/12/2016 08:30

Posted on 06/12/2016 08:30

Very foggy here this morning, can hardly see across the road.  I am glad we are not going far today.

Hope you have a great day MrRoute. I love reunions. You will all have lots to catch up on.

milliehull replied on 06/12/2016 08:34

Posted on 06/12/2016 08:34

That's where Ian and CAB are so valuable.Happy

PS We haven't thought about next year yet either. Lots of possibilities but no definite decisions yet.

We're the same Millie. Plenty of time to consider where to go for us, so certainly won't be bothering with the booking frenzy.

The big booking day has never really been a big issue for us as we tend to use CC sites mainly weekdays out of season. We have also not even thought about 2017 yet.  I don't think we'll be going to France/ Germany etc though next year - we may not be able to afford to go for 7 weeks so we may stop in the UK and save on tunnel costs and insurance.

David 

We had to make that decision a couple of years ago David.  With the price of the crossing and everything else going up we decided that we couldn't justify the cost so we have had trips in the UL for the past couple of years and enjoyed it immensley.  I loved the 15 years or so that we holidayed in France - many friends made and lovely memories - but I doubt we shall go again.  Mr H has now reached the age when he doesn't feel up to towing that far.

Oneputt replied on 06/12/2016 08:43

Posted on 06/12/2016 08:43

-1C at the moment with a bit of a grey out, in fact seems to be getting thicker.  Touch of man flu at the moment, nothing to stop me going out in the van on ThursdayWink

brue replied on 06/12/2016 08:58

Posted on 06/12/2016 08:58

Wow this booking day is a nusicance. Just wanted to check out sites and CLs recently reviewed. Really attractive page telling me 'we're getting ready for 2017'. Can't check out site or review. This goes to show the importance of the handbook and map. What's the use if a website thgthgats out iuf action for hours for a routine task like booking or site surfing??? 

For the life if me I cannot see the sense in not allowing bookings to be continuous without a cut off and frenzy day.

I absolutely agree Bakers.I would be very annoyed if I was still at work with young children faced with the probablity of having to take the day off work on booking day so that I could make sure that we got a site that we wanted in the school holidays.  As you say just make the booking continuous throughout the year.

I thought CT was off too....normal services by Dec 10th?! I wish the CC would stop this antiquated procedure. 

young thomas replied on 06/12/2016 09:08

Posted on 06/12/2016 09:08

hence the siggestions in the past that the club move this antiquated ritual to a day (sat/sun) where more working folk would be able to take part on an equal footing with the clubs 'core demograpic'.

8 am on a week day morning is about as worker unfriendly as it could get....Sad

still, if im bored tomorrow, i might get stuck into some serious honeypot bookings....i can always cancel them just before if we dont want to go....Undecided

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook