What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Tammygirl replied on 05/12/2016 21:29

Posted on 05/12/2016 21:29

To clarify an earlier point......the basic state pension might be £119 per week (can't remember the figures just now) but people get an amount based on their NI contributions......so can get more or less than this.

The minimum guarantee amount for someone of state pension age for a woman is £155.......so if you get less than this, it will be topped up by Pension Credit. However, any other income will be taken into account, so you may not get the full top up.

Incidently, if you do get Pension Credi (the Guarantee part, not the Savings part - which you can only get at 65) you will be eligible for full Housing Benefit and full Council Tax Reduction.

Don't you just love all tbes benefits rules? Wink  I do wonder how people who haven't been trained in the benefits system are supposed to know what they are entitled to.

IanH it was a big learning curve when we had to start dealing with Mum's stuff, she was entitled to all sorts that we were not aware of. I'm pretty sure there must be lots of people out there in the same boat. The work CAB and yourself do is amazing long may it continue.

nelliethehooker replied on 05/12/2016 21:33

Posted on 05/12/2016 21:33

That's where Ian and CAB are so valuable.Happy

PS We haven't thought about next year yet either. Lots of possibilities but no definite decisions yet.

We're the same Millie. Plenty of time to consider where to go for us, so certainly won't be bothering with the booking frenzy.

milliehull replied on 05/12/2016 21:40

Posted on 05/12/2016 21:40

To clarify an earlier point......the basic state pension might be £119 per week (can't remember the figures just now) but people get an amount based on their NI contributions......so can get more or less than this.

The minimum guarantee amount for someone of state pension age for a woman is £155.......so if you get less than this, it will be topped up by Pension Credit. However, any other income will be taken into account, so you may not get the full top up.

Incidently, if you do get Pension Credi (the Guarantee part, not the Savings part - which you can only get at 65) you will be eligible for full Housing Benefit and full Council Tax Reduction.

Don't you just love all tbes benefits rules? Wink  I do wonder how people who haven't been trained in the benefits system are supposed to know what they are entitled to.

IanH it was a big learning curve when we had to start dealing with Mum's stuff, she was entitled to all sorts that we were not aware of. I'm pretty sure there must be lots of people out there in the same boat. The work CAB and yourself do is amazing long may it continue.

Write your comments here...

+ 1

nelliethehooker replied on 05/12/2016 22:01

Posted on 05/12/2016 22:01

Frost overnight and washing having to be done resulted in a late start. Drove over to Lytham where we had a couple of walks along the prom in hazy cool sunshine.  Firstly past the White Church and around Fairhaven Park, then in the other direction to the Windmill and back through the town.

KjellNN replied on 05/12/2016 22:10

Posted on 05/12/2016 22:10

Yes the contracted out bit can make a big differance to the new pension. Luckily I only lose a small amount, however my company pension is considerably greater. OH loses more than me but again his Military pension more than makes up for it. As I worked in Germany for a period and paid German tax I could in theory claim a small part towards my pension, but as under the new pension I already have full contributions I haven't bothered.

Maybe you should?  My Norwegian amount takes no notice of what I get from UK, so I benefit.

AIUI, if you would get more by the other country paying you than by adding years to the UK amount, they will pay you the higher amount direct.  You cannot lose.

DSB replied on 05/12/2016 23:24

Posted on 05/12/2016 23:24

That's where Ian and CAB are so valuable.Happy

PS We haven't thought about next year yet either. Lots of possibilities but no definite decisions yet.

We're the same Millie. Plenty of time to consider where to go for us, so certainly won't be bothering with the booking frenzy.

The big booking day has never really been a big issue for us as we tend to use CC sites mainly weekdays out of season. We have also not even thought about 2017 yet.  I don't think we'll be going to France/ Germany etc though next year - we may not be able to afford to go for 7 weeks so we may stop in the UK and save on tunnel costs and insurance.

David 

replied on 06/12/2016 07:27

Posted on 06/12/2016 07:27

Quiet on here Laughing Got my £10 Xmas pressie from the 'guv' today Happy

Write your comments here...Me too! Already received cold weather payment.

Bakers2 replied on 06/12/2016 07:45

Posted on 06/12/2016 07:45

Wow this booking day is a nusicance. Just wanted to check out sites and CLs recently reviewed. Really attractive page telling me 'we're getting ready for 2017'. Can't check out site or review. This goes to show the importance of the handbook and map. What's the use if a website thgthgats out iuf action for hours for a routine task like booking or site surfing??? 

For the life if me I cannot see the sense in not allowing bookings to be continuous without a cut off and frenzy day.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook