What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

brue replied on 05/12/2016 16:56

Posted on 05/12/2016 16:56

We've been on a wild goose chase for car parts today, I was hoping for a leisurely stroll round town but no....OH has repaired two old cars for family and neighbours, got them going til the next thing conks out.Yell

Tammygirl replied on 05/12/2016 16:57

Posted on 05/12/2016 16:57

Quiet on here Laughing Got my £10 Xmas pressie from the 'guv' today Happy

Just checked our account OH got his but nothing for meFrown

Write your comments here...

I've just checked our accounts and we both have our £10.  'We're in the money'....Laughing

Decided to look it up,

It was launched by Ted Heath's Tory government in 1972, back then the £10 Xmas boost was worth more than the £6.75 basic state pension. The basic pension is now £95.25 a week. Wink

I think you will find its £155.65 per week now.

Seems like we are both wrong, mine was a copy/paste from an ancient source Smile, basic single pension seems to be £119.30 per week on the current gov site.

£119.30 is the old pension Dave, I was born after 6th April 1953, just. I get the new state pension £155.65 Smile  (1951 for men)

Yes Brue I edited.

Tammygirl replied on 05/12/2016 16:59

Posted on 05/12/2016 16:59

well, nice cycle ride over to our local (20+ ml round trip) Waitrose for a few 3 for £10s,

3 panniers full....

2 turtle doves, etc.....Wink

nice pot of tea and a Yumyum for the journey home...

all this talk of cruises etc, certsinly gets the juices flowing...

BIL has taken a large 4 bed house in Florida from 12th Dec, for a couple of weeks, taking our two nieces to Disney and Universal....back on Xmas Eve....

apparently, all we need to do is book the flight......so temptingWink

Go for it you know you wanna Wink

milliehull replied on 05/12/2016 16:59

Posted on 05/12/2016 16:59

well, nice cycle ride over to our local (20+ ml round trip) Waitrose for a few 3 for £10s,

3 panniers full....

2 turtle doves, etc.....Wink

nice pot of tea and a Yumyum for the journey home...

all this talk of cruises etc, certsinly gets the juices flowing...

BIL has taken a large 4 bed house in Florida from 12th Dec, for a couple of weeks, taking our two nieces to Disney and Universal....back on Xmas Eve....

apparently, all we need to do is book the flight......so temptingWink

Write your comments here...

Go on BB. You know you want to.Wink

Metheven replied on 05/12/2016 17:05

Posted on 05/12/2016 17:05

No probs , brue and Tammygirl, pensions are so confusing what with dates, ages, hoops to jump through. Whatever, the £10 whilst welcome today was certainly very welcome in monetary terms when first introduced Smile

Tammygirl replied on 05/12/2016 17:31

Posted on 05/12/2016 17:31

No probs , brue and Tammygirl, pensions are so confusing what with dates, ages, hoops to jump through. Whatever, the £10 whilst welcome today was certainly very welcome in monetary terms when first introduced Smile

It certainly must have been. I was suprised (don't know why) at how little a pension was then. We got married in 1972 and I know I was earning more than that paltry sum.

Dave the only reason I was aware of the differance is because I have only just got mine so its still all very new to me.

Brue same here whenever I get any back from them its always welcome. Haven't got the £10 yet thoughFrown

HelenandTrevor replied on 05/12/2016 18:16

Posted on 05/12/2016 18:16

We've been on a wild goose chase for car parts today, I was hoping for a leisurely stroll round town but no....OH has repaired two old cars for family and neighbours, got them going til the next thing conks out.Yell

Snap! Smile OH has been doing the repairs on a friends old car to get it through its mot , hunting round for parts . Passed the mot until next year anyway.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook