What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Goldie146 replied on 23/11/2016 13:31

Posted on 23/11/2016 13:31

Yesterday a freelance reporter came out to record a piece about calves in jackets - for Farming Today (05:45 BBC4) - to be broadcast soon.

Sorry  to  seem  a  bit  on  the  dense  side  Goldie  but  those  Calves  in  Jackets  are  they  larger  versions  of  "Pigs  In  Blankets"  please    ??Undecided

Put simply - wearing jackets, the calves use their energy to grow (rather than keeping warm).

Tammygirl replied on 23/11/2016 13:57

Posted on 23/11/2016 13:57

Yes just to confirm we are on the East side of Scotland, or to be really accurate we are East of Central Wink still nice and bright and sunny but at 1c a bit chilly when you go out.

The farmers here do clear the ditches at the side of the roads, the council cut a channel out from the road to the ditch on the ares where water doesn't drain very quick.

Goldie the calfs look very cute and cosy, reminds me of when we had a horse, rugging her up in winter.

Spare bedroom all clear now and looks like a bedroom again Smile all the cushions are stacked on one of the single beds though and covered up to protect them from the sun and dust. We don't usually take them out but the van is going to be with the dealer until the first week of January with us being away over Christmas and they close untill after the New Year. Besides it will be easier for them  as they will need access under the beds to run wiring.

Boiler man not turned up yet.

Bakers OH's AAA was the Abdominal aortic aneurysm, he got told straight away the results, everything is fine, phew!

Tammygirl replied on 23/11/2016 14:00

Posted on 23/11/2016 14:00

Sorry meant to say with the jet stream being where it is at the moment we in the north do get bright and sunny weather albeit freezing cold. When the jet stream is north of us it means we get the horrible wet rain. Hope for all of you in the south the rain stops and yu can get back to normal.

Tammygirl replied on 23/11/2016 16:43

Posted on 23/11/2016 16:43

My its quite on here today.

Well having stayed in all day waiting for the bolier man OH decided to call them to see what time we could expect him.

Turns out they cancelled the appointment back in OctoberSurprisedYell now we have a 24hr answering machine, email, and mobile phone, of which they have all the details. We have not had notification on any of the devises about a cancellation.

When you delve deeper into it they say they phoned to confirm the appointment and because they didn't get an answer it was cancelled Yell OH is rightly fizzing. Why would you call over a month before to confirm, why confirm in the first place once an appointment is made and in the diary why should you need to confirm it. Its a yearly contract servicing and breakdown cover they know it has to be serviced to meet warrenty cover.

Now waiting for them to call back to make a new another appointment, nothing available until middle of January, when we were hoping to be away in the van at the Manchester show. Why are they having to call back, why couldn't they just give us the appointment there and then. What a way to do business.

Rant over.Embarassed

Wherenext replied on 23/11/2016 16:46

Posted on 23/11/2016 16:46

Lovely sunny day here on the west Lancashire coast. Beautiful walk in clear fresh air. Retirements great.Smile

Hope everyones lunches out went well. 

HelenandTrevor replied on 23/11/2016 16:51

Posted on 23/11/2016 16:51

Waiting in for delivery of our new Broadband hub, changing providers in the hope the download speed will be better. Undecided and a cheaper deal. Have been baking while I wait, lovely smells coming from the kitchen as they bake. Happy

Bit brighter day today ,  thank goodness, turned very wet again yesterday, matched our mood as funeral was very sad. Wife of the deceased had had a stroke during the week and had only been let out of hospital for a few hours. Sad

HelenandTrevor how sad, poor woman more than enough to deal with without extra issues. I do hope she has some family support.

Nice to see a glimpse of the sun hey? What have you baked. It need to tantalise my taste buds

Sorry Bakers2 re late reply, had problems with website. Yell

Baked aDorset Apple cake, looking forward to having some 8f it later . 

HelenandTrevor replied on 23/11/2016 16:53

Posted on 23/11/2016 16:53

Tried to post. Error message, service unavailable

Had a few problems too before I went to work, thought it was me, but perhaps it wasn't.  

HelenandTrevor replied on 23/11/2016 16:56

Posted on 23/11/2016 16:56

Sun finally appeared this afternoon, Happy had almost forgotten what it looked like! Vat returns all done this afternoon, new broadband hub delivered at lunchtime, change over day tomorrow. 

PS, your calves look cosy in their coats Goldie .  ?

ABM replied on 23/11/2016 17:41

Posted on 23/11/2016 17:41

Thank  You  for  your  response,  Goldie  !  there  was  me  thinking  of  popping  a  half  dozen  under  the  grill on  25th  for  snacks  for  the  visitors  Smile  !!

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook