What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Tammygirl replied on 23/11/2016 10:08

Posted on 23/11/2016 10:08

Lovely bright sunny crisp day here too, all white and twinkly. Haven't been outside yet but it looks cold brrrrr!

Waiting in for gas boiler man to come and do annual service, appt time, sometime between 8am and 8pm Frown  hope its not going to be all day as I want to go out at some stage. OH has gone off for his AAA appointment at the hospital, hope all goes well there. 

I am about to try and sort out all the belongings we brought in from the van yesterday, I got the food put away but everything else has been dumped in the spare bedroom and hallway. Wish me luck.Laughing

replied on 23/11/2016 10:54

Posted on 23/11/2016 10:54

It's been a nice morning relaxing here in the caravan on site. We still have the Autumn colours in the trees on the hill in front of us which are nice to view, despite the recent gale force winds. 

SteveL replied on 23/11/2016 11:16

Posted on 23/11/2016 11:16

Seems the high pressure affects what the weather is like on each side of the country. I.e.Tammy's got it bright and sunny in the west, while here in the east it's dull, damp and grey. Can you send a bit of sun over please? Haven't seen any for days???

Goldie146 replied on 23/11/2016 11:35

Posted on 23/11/2016 11:35

This week seems to be a media week. Our son is our spokesman and isn't fazed by live/recorded  broadcasts. If you want the farmers view - call him! (No, don't! He'll wonder what I've  been saying).

On Monday morning he was on Radio Cumbria talking about continuing the family business.

Yesterday a freelance reporter came out to record a piece about calves in jackets - for Farming Today (05:45 BBC4) - to be broadcast soon.

Tomorrow the BBC no less are coming to film as part of the response to the Autumn Statement's measures on the impact of poor broadband for rural businesses.

And yesterday we hosted a meeting something to do with Prince's Trust apprenticships. (All we had to do was provide a room and food).

Today - farming! A start on hedging. It must be winter. 

Bakers2 replied on 23/11/2016 11:40

Posted on 23/11/2016 11:40

Seems the high pressure affects what the weather is like on each side of the country. I.e.Tammy's got it bright and sunny in the west, while here in the east it's dull, damp and grey. Can you send a bit of sun over please? Haven't seen any for days???

Sun peeping through in Essex hate to challenge but isn't Perthshire where tammygirl says she's from on the east??? 

Bakers2 replied on 23/11/2016 11:42

Posted on 23/11/2016 11:42

Lovely bright sunny crisp day here too, all white and twinkly. Haven't been outside yet but it looks cold brrrrr!

Waiting in for gas boiler man to come and do annual service, appt time, sometime between 8am and 8pm Frown  hope its not going to be all day as I want to go out at some stage. OH has gone off for his AAA appointment at the hospital, hope all goes well there. 

I am about to try and sort out all the belongings we brought in from the van yesterday, I got the food put away but everything else has been dumped in the spare bedroom and hallway. Wish me luck.Laughing

Is the AAA appointment an aortic screening? OH got one tomorrow. Time for another cull as you sort motorhome bits? . Not sorry to have taken your points . I keep liking too!

Bakers2 replied on 23/11/2016 11:47

Posted on 23/11/2016 11:47

Goldie along with hedging do you still do ditching? I remember it being a winter task for our local farm workers. Sons partner, a farmers daughter slowly taking the reins, said a few years back not allowed now, ecology reasons, she farms on the edge of the Fens. I wonder how much not doing it contributes to flooding??? Also remember verges having channels dug in them to let the water flow into the ditch!

HelenandTrevor replied on 23/11/2016 11:50

Posted on 23/11/2016 11:50

Waiting in for delivery of our new Broadband hub, changing providers in the hope the download speed will be better. Undecided and a cheaper deal. Have been baking while I wait, lovely smells coming from the kitchen as they bake. Happy

Bit brighter day today ,  thank goodness, turned very wet again yesterday, matched our mood as funeral was very sad. Wife of the deceased had had a stroke during the week and had only been let out of hospital for a few hours. Sad

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook