What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Goldie146 replied on 23/11/2016 11:52

Posted on 23/11/2016 11:52

Goldie along with hedging do you still do ditching? I remember it being a winter task for our local farm workers. Sons partner, a farmers daughter slowly taking the reins, said a few years back not allowed now, ecology reasons, she farms on the edge of the Fens. I wonder how much not doing it contributes to flooding??? Also remember verges having channels dug in them to let the water flow into the ditch!

We keep ditches clear.

brue replied on 23/11/2016 12:15

Posted on 23/11/2016 12:15

You will all be busy Goldie, our son does a lot of radio work on various subjects and events. It's very interesting to hear about your life on the farm, hope all the extra work goes well.Smile

KjellNN replied on 23/11/2016 12:18

Posted on 23/11/2016 12:18

Seems the high pressure affects what the weather is like on each side of the country. I.e.Tammy's got it bright and sunny in the west, while here in the east it's dull, damp and grey. Can you send a bit of sun over please? Haven't seen any for day

Seems the high pressure affects what the weather is like on each side of the country. I.e.Tammy's got it bright and sunny in the west, while here in the east it's dull, damp and grey. Can you send a bit of sun over please? Haven't seen any for days???

Need to brush up on your Scottish geography Steve, Perth is east side.

I think it is more of a south/centre/north split on the weather today.

Bakers2 replied on 23/11/2016 12:19

Posted on 23/11/2016 12:19

Waiting in for delivery of our new Broadband hub, changing providers in the hope the download speed will be better. Undecided and a cheaper deal. Have been baking while I wait, lovely smells coming from the kitchen as they bake. Happy

Bit brighter day today ,  thank goodness, turned very wet again yesterday, matched our mood as funeral was very sad. Wife of the deceased had had a stroke during the week and had only been let out of hospital for a few hours. Sad

HelenandTrevor how sad, poor woman more than enough to deal with without extra issues. I do hope she has some family support.

Nice to see a glimpse of the sun hey? What have you baked. It need to tantalise my taste buds

KjellNN replied on 23/11/2016 12:24

Posted on 23/11/2016 12:24

You can get anti-UV sprays.  If memory serves something like Plasticoat clear.  Depends how good you are with spray paint.  Also, have you considered anti-UV window film?

Have not heard of anti-UV sprays, will investigate.

OH has been looking at the window film, seems quite expensive, especially if done professionally.  I wonder how long it lasts.

New blinds every 7 years might well be less expensive!

ABM replied on 23/11/2016 12:42

Posted on 23/11/2016 12:42

Yesterday a freelance reporter came out to record a piece about calves in jackets - for Farming Today (05:45 BBC4) - to be broadcast soon.

Sorry  to  seem  a  bit  on  the  dense  side  Goldie  but  those  Calves  in  Jackets  are  they  larger  versions  of  "Pigs  In  Blankets"  please    ??Undecided

KjellNN replied on 23/11/2016 13:13

Posted on 23/11/2016 13:13

Bright sunshine all morning, washing dried on solar power and another load in the machine now, all done under OH's supervision as I have no idea about the programs on the WM.

Postman just been, my winter fuel letter has arrived, but not OH's.

Need to finalise measurements and get new blinds ordered up this afternoon.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook