What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

KjellNN replied on 21/11/2016 11:54

Posted on 21/11/2016 11:54

Thanks B2, we have indeed allowed extra time to see a bit of the area, OH has booked us in for 4 nights on the CL before our ferry, so 3 full days for exploring.  For our return she has only reserved the one night so far as we have yet to plan what we are doing then.

It is a long way for us to travel to a ferry, unless we use the much more expensive northern crossings, and we have plenty of time, so we do try to add a couple of weeks either end to also see more of  UK.

Closest we have been to Harwich before is just a bit south of Lowestoft.  Suggestions for places to visit most welcome

brue replied on 21/11/2016 12:04

Posted on 21/11/2016 12:04

We have very heavy rain round here just now, the skies are the darkest I've seen in the day time and roads are flooded. I've just had to do a detour to get home after a trip to town. Take care if you're travelling down this way.

KjellNN replied on 21/11/2016 12:06

Posted on 21/11/2016 12:06

Mr H has decided that he needs to learn how to use the  internet so I am trying to teach him this morning.  My patience is being tried to the limit.Yell

I'm impressed and feel your pain. My OH fully conversant with internet and has been since the beginning but refuses to learn online banking. I have just had 'the conversation' with him again . Its his credit card bill that I was paying!!!! If it didn't cost so much in interest I'd leave it to him, but I can't watch others take his hard earned pension, that's my right

Get him to set up a DD for his CC, no need for any human intervention then.  Also removes the possibility of missing a payment........but I am sure you are well up on these things.

I do leave most of the complicated money stuff to OH, but she has insisted that I take an interest these days, and that I know roughly what is going on, though I do sometimes get it wrong!! She checks up on me every month just in case.

Could not operate these days without DDs and SOs when we are on our long trips.

KjellNN replied on 21/11/2016 12:14

Posted on 21/11/2016 12:14

Sun has just broken through here so have not turned the heating back on. Very cold here, was below zero when we reluctantly got out of bed, with freezing fog, but that has cleared now.

Have to go out after lunch, some essential  shopping, visit to the Guide Hall to set this week's heating, and a visit to a trailer place to check out hire possibilities as we have 2 tonnes of firewood  to transport to DS.

brue replied on 21/11/2016 12:40

Posted on 21/11/2016 12:40

Mr H has decided that he needs to learn how to use the  internet so I am trying to teach him this morning.  My patience is being tried to the limit.Yell

I'm impressed and feel your pain. My OH fully conversant with internet and has been since the beginning but refuses to learn online banking. I have just had 'the conversation' with him again . Its his credit card bill that I was paying!!!! If it didn't cost so much in interest I'd leave it to him, but I can't watch others take his hard earned pension, that's my right

Same here, OH only does what he likes doing eg browsing ebay, one day there'll be a panic about using the bank! At least I've trained him to use easyfundraising for a local charity! Wink

milliehull replied on 21/11/2016 12:50

Posted on 21/11/2016 12:50

Mr H has been trying to use internet banking this morning as I was getting a bit 'short tempered'Wink  everytime he asked me to check his accounts.  It was a tortuous process and I was frightened he would get us locked out of our accounts. Surprised I then set up an email account for him and he  sent an email (!!!) which took hours and I am not sure he will ever check to see whether he has a reply.

brue replied on 21/11/2016 12:58

Posted on 21/11/2016 12:58

Mr B has been shown all his passwords etc I just hope he remembers where they are! He used to be ahead of me on the web, especially at work but has now lost interest! Worried

edit, good luck with your endeavours Millie...Happy

Tammygirl replied on 21/11/2016 13:31

Posted on 21/11/2016 13:31

We are both set up for internet banking OH just uses the one bank while I've spread it about a bit. He is much better than me at HOW things work and how to do some of the things. I'm better than him remembering things, he's a right pain when it somes to passwords as he keeps changing them. When he was still working he was brilliant at remembering them, in his job he used to have lots of differant ones for each of the military systems he had to use and they had to be changed at regular intervals. On top of that he was responsible for a fair few combinations to safes and the armoury, he could remember all them no problem. Now you often hear him say "what's my password for" Yell his patience isn't as good as it used to be either Surprised

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook