What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

milliehull replied on 21/11/2016 11:10

Posted on 21/11/2016 11:10

Lovely sunny day here today, no fog Smile blue skies once again. Very cold last night probably the coldest so far brrrrr!

Not sure what's on the cards for us today, OH just gone off to Doc's for his appointment Re his shoulder, it seems to be responding to treatment.

BB, thanks for the info on twin LNB and card, we were not sure if the card could be taken out of the Q box and work in the HD+, wasn't sure if it was a differant sized card. Still thinking of which way we will go, more research me thinks.

Write your comments here...

Sounds as though you are getting proper Scottish weather this year Tammy.

JVB66 replied on 21/11/2016 11:11

Posted on 21/11/2016 11:11

Just in from the Thursford Christmas show. Live entertainment at its absolute best.  Every aspect from performers to decorations stunning. Might not be everyone's cup of tea as it tells the story of the real meaning of Christmas i.e. the birth of a babyHappy

So many people have told us how wonderful the Thursford Christmas show is OP.  We really must get our act together and go one year. Glad you enjoyed it.

We went on an organised trip a few years ago. Certainly worth it. I believe we booked very early summer or earlier. I would add that it was great using an organised tour as it is in the country so country roads,  of poarking but shows timed to be able to give plenty of performances so they are busy. Nice to be able to enjoy sitting back for the entire day out

...We went last year as part of  an organised coach tour ,we stayed in hotel in Great Yarmouth ,there were 12 other coaches there on day we went ,from as far away as Cornwall and Scotland well worth the trip

milliehull replied on 21/11/2016 11:23

Posted on 21/11/2016 11:23

Just in from the Thursford Christmas show. Live entertainment at its absolute best.  Every aspect from performers to decorations stunning. Might not be everyone's cup of tea as it tells the story of the real meaning of Christmas i.e. the birth of a babyHappy

So many people have told us how wonderful the Thursford Christmas show is OP.  We really must get our act together and go one year. Glad you enjoyed it.

We went on an organised trip a few years ago. Certainly worth it. I believe we booked very early summer or earlier. I would add that it was great using an organised tour as it is in the country so country roads,  of poarking but shows timed to be able to give plenty of performances so they are busy. Nice to be able to enjoy sitting back for the entire day out

Our local U3A run a coach trip every year but it gets booked up very quickly.  I really must get sorted out and get us on it one year.

milliehull replied on 21/11/2016 11:29

Posted on 21/11/2016 11:29

Mr H has decided that he needs to learn how to use the  internet so I am trying to teach him this morning.  My patience is being tried to the limit.Yell

KjellNN replied on 21/11/2016 11:33

Posted on 21/11/2016 11:33

Been trying to plan our long trip starting in April, unfortunately we will leave home in the middle of the school Easter break, so full facility sites will be busy and expensive.

Looking at CLs or no facility CC sites,  and working backwards from Harwich.  Have booked Brookcroft near Harwich, now looking at 2 other areas to explore on our way there.  Route will basically be down the 74 past Carlisle then over to join the A1 at Scotch Corner.  Past Peterborough we take the A14 then the M11.

Thinking Northumberland as first stop.  Need EHU and hardstanding, wifi would be a bonus, but not essential.  Not near a busy road either.

Will grass be in use on CC sites in April?

Bit stuck on our second stop.  

Why not try Englethwaite Hall for 1st stop, or will that be too close to home. Slapestone Villa at Penrith is another possibility H/S but no wifi. You could then use the A66 to get over to Scotch Corner. Very popular site so would need to book early. Wonder about you saying Northumberland as first stop.Undecided

Spent several nights at Englethwaite about 4 years back, nice site, so have seen quite a bit there already.  Thinking Northumberland as we had to miss it out on our September trip and would like to visit Alnwick Castle.

About 3-4 hours max for us to get there, so no problem in one hop.

Write your comments here...I wonder why you need to take the M11 when you follow the A14 to Ipswich then take the A12 to the first Colchester junction and follow signs to Harwich.

I think the M11 was suggested by my route planner, but I will be looking closely at the plan once we have decided exactly where to stop on the way.  Thanks for the sugeation, we are not familiar with that part of the country.

Bakers2 replied on 21/11/2016 11:39

Posted on 21/11/2016 11:39

Mr H has decided that he needs to learn how to use the  internet so I am trying to teach him this morning.  My patience is being tried to the limit.Yell

I'm impressed and feel your pain. My OH fully conversant with internet and has been since the beginning but refuses to learn online banking. I have just had 'the conversation' with him again . Its his credit card bill that I was paying!!!! If it didn't cost so much in interest I'd leave it to him, but I can't watch others take his hard earned pension, that's my right

Bakers2 replied on 21/11/2016 11:41

Posted on 21/11/2016 11:41

Been trying to plan our long trip starting in April, unfortunately we will leave home in the middle of the school Easter break, so full facility sites will be busy and expensive.

Looking at CLs or no facility CC sites,  and working backwards from Harwich.  Have booked Brookcroft near Harwich, now looking at 2 other areas to explore on our way there.  Route will basically be down the 74 past Carlisle then over to join the A1 at Scotch Corner.  Past Peterborough we take the A14 then the M11.

Thinking Northumberland as first stop.  Need EHU and hardstanding, wifi would be a bonus, but not essential.  Not near a busy road either.

Will grass be in use on CC sites in April?

Bit stuck on our second stop.  

Why not try Englethwaite Hall for 1st stop, or will that be too close to home. Slapestone Villa at Penrith is another possibility H/S but no wifi. You could then use the A66 to get over to Scotch Corner. Very popular site so would need to book early. Wonder about you saying Northumberland as first stop.Undecided

Spent several nights at Englethwaite about 4 years back, nice site, so have seen quite a bit there already.  Thinking Northumberland as we had to miss it out on our September trip and would like to visit Alnwick Castle.

About 3-4 hours max for us to get there, so no problem in one hop.

Write your comments here...I wonder why you need to take the M11 when you follow the A14 to Ipswich then take the A12 to the first Colchester junction and follow signs to Harwich.

I think the M11 was suggested by my route planner, but I will be looking closely at the plan once we have decided exactly where to stop on the way.  Thanks for the sugeation, we are not familiar with that part of the country.

You're missing out on a lovely area . May I suggest you allow a few days on the way out or return to explore? I'm a girl from Essex NOT an Essex girl. We have a very long coastline and diverse county.

JVB66 replied on 21/11/2016 11:44

Posted on 21/11/2016 11:44

I'm impressed and feel your pain. My OH fully conversant with internet and has been since the beginning but refuses to learn online banking. I have just had 'the conversation' with him again . Its his credit card bill that I was paying!!!! If it didn't cost so much in interest I'd leave it to him, but I can't watch others take his hard earned pension, that's my right

...Neither of us will have anything to do with on line bankingUndecidedand OH does not "do computers"

Bakers2 replied on 21/11/2016 11:45

Posted on 21/11/2016 11:45

Raining and grey here again. I have already been more productive this morning than we were yesterday. We acted like teenagers yesterday, got up late, ate ready meals and read, played on internet and watched TV. Do I feel guilty NO!

Off out shortly to top up bird food now they've started to return to our feeders.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook