What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

DSB replied on 14/07/2016 22:03

Posted on 14/07/2016 22:03

Well, we've been to the Tour De France today.  Had an interesting day, in spite of waiting around for quite a while.  We were on the D2, N.E of Cavaillon near Gordes.

photo 20160714_152035_zpshg7dairb.jpg

David

Bakers2 replied on 14/07/2016 22:07

Posted on 14/07/2016 22:07

Just had the good news that our grandson has been offered a summer job with Warner Music following his internship there this past year. Then back to studies for him for his final year at Uni. There's a fair chance that he might be offered a position at Warners when he's finished his degree. Fingers crossed.

Excellent news Nellie.  I wish him well.

David

Plus 1

Bakers2 replied on 14/07/2016 22:16

Posted on 14/07/2016 22:16

Wow showered breakfasted awaiting pick up to go to car rental place.

Sun out blue skies. Who remembers that?

Car not ready til 10 am which was our request time but champing at the bit now . Its 9.15 now so not long.  Hard to know how long you'll sleep in a strange bed didn't want too early so no rush now I wishing earlier!!  So glad 2nd flight waited otherwise who knows where we'd be now and trying to sort things . Still free WiFi at hotel .

Interesting UK news this morning.  

Hubby had a shock at airport he smokes a pipe, can't buy pipe tobacco here so brings in sufficient for stay 60 days this time. Even with me being counted still had hefty bill. I would have thought ideal time to give it up . That's his spending money reduced!!!

KjellNN replied on 14/07/2016 23:17

Posted on 14/07/2016 23:17

Very sunny and warm here today......too hot really for working on south facing windows.

We have 25 opening windows here, 22 of them date from when the house was built, so they all have to be inspected.  So that is 2 down and 20 to go.  Hope the rest are not starting to rot.

The front ones take the brunt of the weather, sun and rain, so more at risk I suppose.

Forecast is for rain tomorrow, so no more windows for a bit.

The joys of home ownership!!

cyberyacht replied on 15/07/2016 08:43

Posted on 15/07/2016 08:43

Tune your radio in to something really horrible like heavy rock turn it up and drown out old Vera , if he comes and ask you to turn it down smile and say sorry can't hear you Laughing

Or if you want something a bit classy, Ride of the Valkyries is quite good. Laughing

milliehull replied on 15/07/2016 09:57

Posted on 15/07/2016 09:57

Just had the good news that our grandson has been offered a summer job with Warner Music following his internship there this past year. Then back to studies for him for his final year at Uni. There's a fair chance that he might be offered a position at Warners when he's finished his degree. Fingers crossed.

Write your comments here...

Good news indeed nellie.  Hope all goes well for him.

milliehull replied on 15/07/2016 09:59

Posted on 15/07/2016 09:59

Had lovely family celebrations for our grand-daughter's 21st yesterday - feeling a bit tired today Innocent She is now off to spend the weekend celebrating with her Uni friends.

B2. Glad your trip is going well so far.  I expect you are now with them all.Happy

brue replied on 15/07/2016 10:50

Posted on 15/07/2016 10:50

Good to hear that B2 got there, thank goodness they held the connection for you, my sister had a delayed connection to Cuba from Spain and had a 10 hour detour!

Sounds as though you had a lovely time with your grandaughter Milllie and well done to Nellie's grandson. Nice to hear good news!

Tammygirl replied on 15/07/2016 12:49

Posted on 15/07/2016 12:49

Not a good night sleep last night, pretty rubbish would be a good word to use. Weather this morning was ok to start with managed to get a few jobs done before the 'promised' rain started, big deluge to start then settled to the stuff you know is going to last all day. 

Hope to get some things done in house nowWink first a spot of lunch.

Great to hear everyones news, Bakers2, MH, DSB, H&T, glad you are all having fun, we will be away again in a weeks time on Gkids duty, hope the weather improvesUndecided

milliehull replied on 15/07/2016 12:54

Posted on 15/07/2016 12:54

Not a good night sleep last night, pretty rubbish would be a good word to use. Weather this morning was ok to start with managed to get a few jobs done before the 'promised' rain started, big deluge to start then settled to the stuff you know is going to last all day. 

Hope to get some things done in house nowWink first a spot of lunch.

Great to hear everyones news, Bakers2, MH, DSB, H&T, glad you are all having fun, we will be away again in a weeks time on Gkids duty, hope the weather improvesUndecided

Write your comments here...

Oh dear.  It is St. Swithans day today.Sad

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook