What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

replied on 14/07/2016 20:58

Posted on 14/07/2016 20:58

We did some shopping at the local town centre Tesco where we bought a 4 pint carton of milk.  We also bought some reduced price sweet and sour chicken. We have the electric cool box in the back of the car which is running off the12 volt cigar lighter, so that we can keep all the fresh items purchased chilled until it's time to go home. It does mean having to keep the electric on all the time even when the engine is not running. So I always hope that an order will come so that I don't have to stay parked for too long. I don't want to drain the car battery too much!

redface replied on 14/07/2016 21:06

Posted on 14/07/2016 21:06

Here we are sitting on a cl, listening to our neighbour's choice of Vera Lynn, Alma Cogan and other 1960's music. PLEASE respect others who may not wish to hear it and turn it down. Unfortunately, without background noise to drown it out, sound travels a long way at night.

No - when asked politely he declined to reduce the volume!

JVB66 replied on 14/07/2016 21:19

Posted on 14/07/2016 21:19

Here we are sitting on a cl, listening to our neighbour's choice of Vera Lynn, Alma Cogan and other 1960's music. PLEASE respect others who may not wish to hear it and turn it down. Unfortunately, without background noise to drown it out, sound travels a long way at night.

...Have to try bread on his c/van roof  tonight then Wink

replied on 14/07/2016 21:23

Posted on 14/07/2016 21:23

...Have to try bread on his c/van roof  tonight then Wink

Write your comments here...I thought Vera Lynn was more 40s music.

nelliethehooker replied on 14/07/2016 21:26

Posted on 14/07/2016 21:26

2nd good day on the trot. Yesterday we walked up past Mitchells Fold Stone Circle along Stapeley Hill ridge and back to th car. I then walked up to the top of Corndon Hill with Flyte. Managed to miss all the rain showers. Today we parked at The Bog Visitor's Centre and walked the length of the Stiperstone Ridge and then back by way of Nipstone Narure Reserve. Out for 4 hrs so feeling it a bit on the legs  now.

Rubytuesday replied on 14/07/2016 21:28

Posted on 14/07/2016 21:28

Tune your radio in to something really horrible like heavy rock turn it up and drown out old Vera , if he comes and ask you to turn it down smile and say sorry can't hear you Laughing

nelliethehooker replied on 14/07/2016 21:32

Posted on 14/07/2016 21:32

Just had the good news that our grandson has been offered a summer job with Warner Music following his internship there this past year. Then back to studies for him for his final year at Uni. There's a fair chance that he might be offered a position at Warners when he's finished his degree. Fingers crossed.

DSB replied on 14/07/2016 22:01

Posted on 14/07/2016 22:01

Just had the good news that our grandson has been offered a summer job with Warner Music following his internship there this past year. Then back to studies for him for his final year at Uni. There's a fair chance that he might be offered a position at Warners when he's finished his degree. Fingers crossed.

Excellent news Nellie.  I wish him well.

David

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook