What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Tammygirl replied on 15/07/2016 19:17

Posted on 15/07/2016 19:17

We once had to listen to the Edinburgh Tattoo, playing on a C&CC warden's TV in their tentI can thoroughly recommend it.Winking

Most  definitely  a show  to visit,  Brue !!  Watching  it  on  TV  does  not  really  show  the  slope  that  The  Esplanade  has !  How  they  keep  in  time  when  counter  marching  is  beyond  my  {  non  military }  mind Surprised

Very difficult for the Scottish dancers aswell, my eldest lad performed at the 1991 Tattoo, that was the year of the 1st Gulf war. They were short of military personel so asked it the Queen Victoria School from Dunblane (sons of scottish servicemen) could take part. The full pipe band and the Scottish dancers all performed every night throughout the Tattoo, they also paraded through Edinburgh on a saturday afternoon, the boys were aged 13 - 17, all gave up 4 weeks of their summer holidays. Still a very proud parent when I watch the videoSmile

Fisherman replied on 15/07/2016 19:19

Posted on 15/07/2016 19:19

Just returned from another succesful days fishing ( everyone a bonus at my age). What else did I see  The wimberries are just ripening.The Osprey took a good fish about 200 yds away from my boat. Plenty of other like minded people enjoying the peace and views of the countryside. 

Tammygirl replied on 15/07/2016 19:20

Posted on 15/07/2016 19:20

Wink ,Pay attention  " Tricky Spotters " 

" Concord" departure via runway A299 expected to be 09-30 hours,encompassing flight plan ,A2/M2--M26--M25--A3/M3--M27.ETA Farham 14.00 hours.Hanger booked  " Rooksbury Park ".Stopover 48Hrs.

Have a great time Triky, won't be out spotting though to far awayWink

nelliethehooker replied on 15/07/2016 20:10

Posted on 15/07/2016 20:10

Just had the good news that our grandson has been offered a summer job with Warner Music following his internship there this past year. Then back to studies for him for his final year at Uni. There's a fair chance that he might be offered a position at Warners when he's finished his degree. Fingers crossed.

Excellent news Nellie.  I wish him well.

David

Thanks David. I'll let him know there are CT members wishing him well.

nelliethehooker replied on 15/07/2016 20:17

Posted on 15/07/2016 20:17

Well woke up to another beautiful sunny day in deepest Norfolk, took another walk through the village with the dog, picked up yet more goodies from the stalls outside the houses. More jam, veg and  even got a fresh homemade apple pie, this time! SurprisedWe were sorry to have move on this afternoon, Sad but now heading home, now at Cambridge,  Cherry Hinton site as had our last B card vouchers to use up for a freebie weekend! Happy

Site a bit different from the last two cls, but plenty if rabbits for the dog to watch.Laughing Plan is to visit the city tomorrow,  will be able to compare it with Oxford. We also seem to have left the sunshine in Norfolk, it's turned very cloudy here now.

It's a wonder that the van can move with all the goodies you've purchased!Wink Glad that you've had a good trip out. Were both the CLs new ones to you. Can you let me have their names sometime if they met with your approval. Thanks for the good wishes, too.

huskydog replied on 15/07/2016 20:24

Posted on 15/07/2016 20:24

" Concord" departure via runway A299 expected to be 09-30 hours,encompassing flight plan ,A2/M2--M26--M25--A3/M3--M27.ETA Farham 14.00 hours.Hanger booked  " Rooksbury Park ".Stopover 48Hrs.

I'll keep an eye outSmile

IanH replied on 15/07/2016 21:10

Posted on 15/07/2016 21:10

Shucks......so you won't be there when we call in next week?

Ah well, have a good time! Laughing

milliehull replied on 15/07/2016 21:17

Posted on 15/07/2016 21:17

Well woke up to another beautiful sunny day in deepest Norfolk, took another walk through the village with the dog, picked up yet more goodies from the stalls outside the houses. More jam, veg and  even got a fresh homemade apple pie, this time! SurprisedWe were sorry to have move on this afternoon, Sad but now heading home, now at Cambridge,  Cherry Hinton site as had our last B card vouchers to use up for a freebie weekend! Happy

Site a bit different from the last two cls, but plenty if rabbits for the dog to watch.Laughing Plan is to visit the city tomorrow,  will be able to compare it with Oxford. We also seem to have left the sunshine in Norfolk, it's turned very cloudy here now.

Write your comments here...

We had a few days at Cherry Hinton a few years ago Helen. There is a good bus service into Cambridge from the village and also a park and ride not too far away. I love Cambridge. Kings College Chapel is wonderful, also a walk along The Backs. The Botanical Gardens are beautiful as well. Hope you have a good day.

HelenandTrevor replied on 15/07/2016 21:35

Posted on 15/07/2016 21:35

It's a wonder that the van can move with all the goodies you've purchased!Wink Glad that you've had a good trip out. Were both the CLs new ones to you. Can you let me have their names sometime if they met with your approval. Thanks for the good wishes, too.

Will email the cls used when we get home, both were great for us. Just had our meal using all the produce we bought, including the apple pie, caravan not over weight now, I am!!!LaughingLaughing

nelliethehooker replied on 15/07/2016 21:40

Posted on 15/07/2016 21:40

Will email the cls used when we get home, both were great for us. Just had our meal using all the produce we bought, including the apple pie, caravan not over weight now, I am!!!LaughingLaughing

Don't believe that.Wink Will look out for the e-mail. Thanks.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook