Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

brue replied on 27/12/2021 13:07

Posted on 27/12/2021 11:15 by Cornersteady

Mrs C had her booster some weeks ago but on her Covid app/pass it's showing a different booster vaccine to the one they told her on the day and gave her a leaflet for. I suppose, and hope, it doesn't make that much difference as she has had three but she is going to look into it in the new year just in case.

And yes we both keep getting txts but again for Mrs C only there are some from her GP as well although we both have the same GP.

Posted on 27/12/2021 13:07

You can double check on the Vaccine booster card first, it will say which one along with the lot/batch number.

Cornersteady replied on 27/12/2021 13:42

Posted on 27/12/2021 13:07 by brue

You can double check on the Vaccine booster card first, it will say which one along with the lot/batch number.

Posted on 27/12/2021 13:42

Yes it does say all that and it states Moderna. As long as she's protected that's all that matters but we'll get it sorted so that the record is correct for any possible future issues. 

brue replied on 27/12/2021 16:31

Posted on 27/12/2021 13:42 by Cornersteady

Yes it does say all that and it states Moderna. As long as she's protected that's all that matters but we'll get it sorted so that the record is correct for any possible future issues. 

Posted on 27/12/2021 16:31

I haven't checked mine on the app so will have a look after reading your post!

Cornersteady replied on 27/12/2021 16:59

Posted on 27/12/2021 16:31 by brue

I haven't checked mine on the app so will have a look after reading your post!

Posted on 27/12/2021 16:59

The batch numbers don't match either.

We rang the number given, got straight through to a person on the 'data resolution team' and  gave them all the details they said this was not exactly common but it does happen a bit and they would contact us within 21 days. 

And they confirmed that a booster had been given which is all we need.

Graydjames replied on 28/12/2021 11:54

Posted on 27/12/2021 14:48 by DavidKlyne

Interesting report in the Independent about the AZ vaccine.  It seems to be suggesting it offers better long term protection than first thought. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/astrazeneca-oxford-europe-fears-b1982611.html

David

Posted on 28/12/2021 11:54

I take no notice of these surveys whatsoever. The Astra Zeneca vaccine's efficacy, as well as its safety, side effects, impact on older recipients and seemingly myriad other factors, has changed from good, not so good, bad, not so bad, with every report, survey and review that has been released since the autumn of 2020. It seems to me that all the vaccines have been broadly effective for all the people. I really think these reports are mainly for ensuring a stable share price.   

DavidKlyne replied on 28/12/2021 12:27

Posted on 28/12/2021 11:54 by Graydjames

I take no notice of these surveys whatsoever. The Astra Zeneca vaccine's efficacy, as well as its safety, side effects, impact on older recipients and seemingly myriad other factors, has changed from good, not so good, bad, not so bad, with every report, survey and review that has been released since the autumn of 2020. It seems to me that all the vaccines have been broadly effective for all the people. I really think these reports are mainly for ensuring a stable share price.   

Posted on 28/12/2021 12:27

The use of the term "report" by me was in the sense of it being reported. As I understand it information given is based on actual data. Now whether that data has been peer reviewed I don't know. There does seem to have been a lot of negative publicity surrounding the AZ vaccination but I wonder how much of that is to do with the fact that AZ were offering the vaccine at a much lower price than all of its other competitors? I am sure we will learn more about the various vaccines as times go by but if the data around the AZ is confirmed it will good for us all.

Tammygirl replied on 28/12/2021 13:36

Posted on 28/12/2021 13:36

My niece her husband and her daughter all now tested positive for Covid.

Thanks to her step son not doing a test and then lying about it to his Dad.

Step son visited for a few hours prior to Christmas, thankfully those of us that should have gone on Christmas day for dinner didn't go. One of which has cancer, 3 over 70s and little old melaughing

We are all fine, having done LFTs a few times since and we've not been in contact with them.

My niece and her family are thankfully fully jabbed, her daughter showing no symptoms at all , OH not feeling great and niece has a banging headache, hopefully things won't get any worse.

Take care folks. 

JVB66 replied on 28/12/2021 14:14

Posted on 28/12/2021 14:14

My Home test kit arrived by Royal Mail tracked half an hour ago as we were having lunch,. As I could not get to an open test centre yesterday as they cancelled my appointment(no staff?), now have to do test and post at priority post box today, ,

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook