Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

Cornersteady replied on 27/12/2021 11:15

Posted on 27/12/2021 11:15

Mrs C had her booster some weeks ago but on her Covid app/pass it's showing a different booster vaccine to the one they told her on the day and gave her a leaflet for. I suppose, and hope, it doesn't make that much difference as she has had three but she is going to look into it in the new year just in case.

And yes we both keep getting txts but again for Mrs C only there are some from her GP as well although we both have the same GP.

peedee replied on 27/12/2021 11:20

Posted on 27/12/2021 11:20

Not had that text about a booster which I have already had but I've been targeted by the NHS as having a profile suitable for using new treatments for coronavirus. My medical records show that I  might be suitable for these treatments if a PCR test subsequently confirms that I have coronavirus. The email goies on to say they are sending me a PCR test kit (since received) and how to get rapid treatment should I feel the need to use it and it proves positive.

I hope it never proves necessary.

peedee

JVB66 replied on 27/12/2021 11:48

Posted on 27/12/2021 11:48

We had out boosters in September  ,I send a daily report to Imperial college and even when i have tried to get a test neither the college or NHS it seems have any way of entering a booster jab  all they ask is if you have had one ot two jabs ,not if you have also had a booster?

replied on 27/12/2021 11:53

Posted on 27/12/2021 11:53

Content has been removed.

replied on 27/12/2021 11:55

Posted on 27/12/2021 11:05 by

Same here but it would have been quite an exercise to target it.

Posted on 27/12/2021 11:55

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

LLM replied on 27/12/2021 12:33

Posted on 27/12/2021 11:15 by Cornersteady

Mrs C had her booster some weeks ago but on her Covid app/pass it's showing a different booster vaccine to the one they told her on the day and gave her a leaflet for. I suppose, and hope, it doesn't make that much difference as she has had three but she is going to look into it in the new year just in case.

And yes we both keep getting txts but again for Mrs C only there are some from her GP as well although we both have the same GP.

Posted on 27/12/2021 12:33

Interesting.  What does Mrs C think she was given and what does her record show?  Does she realise that Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine Is now called Comirnaty (pronounced koe-mir’-na-tee)? 

Cornersteady replied on 27/12/2021 12:40

Posted on 27/12/2021 12:33 by LLM

Interesting.  What does Mrs C think she was given and what does her record show?

Posted on 27/12/2021 12:40

She had AZ for the first two then was told when being given her booster that it was Moderna and on the little NHS record card she was given states that too (also the leaflet she was given) but on the app it says Pfizer. 

As I said she's going to look into it in the new year (unless you think otherwise?) the main thing is that she got her booster. 

LLM replied on 27/12/2021 12:56

Posted on 27/12/2021 12:40 by Cornersteady

She had AZ for the first two then was told when being given her booster that it was Moderna and on the little NHS record card she was given states that too (also the leaflet she was given) but on the app it says Pfizer. 

As I said she's going to look into it in the new year (unless you think otherwise?) the main thing is that she got her booster. 

Posted on 27/12/2021 12:56

I suspect a simply clerical error.  Annoying, although I'm sure that it will make no difference to her protection but worth checking for peace of mind.  If you return to the vac centre and speak to the clinical lead they may be able to correct the error, if there is one.  

LLM replied on 27/12/2021 12:59

Posted on 27/12/2021 12:59

Our post crossed.  Your solution looks good and will not delay the vac centre.  Good luck.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook