Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 28/12/2021 14:23

Posted on 28/12/2021 13:36 by Tammygirl

My niece her husband and her daughter all now tested positive for Covid.

Thanks to her step son not doing a test and then lying about it to his Dad.

Step son visited for a few hours prior to Christmas, thankfully those of us that should have gone on Christmas day for dinner didn't go. One of which has cancer, 3 over 70s and little old melaughing

We are all fine, having done LFTs a few times since and we've not been in contact with them.

My niece and her family are thankfully fully jabbed, her daughter showing no symptoms at all , OH not feeling great and niece has a banging headache, hopefully things won't get any worse.

Take care folks. 

Posted on 28/12/2021 14:23

Some folk don’t see or understand the enormity of contact with covid(in any strength) is to some immuno-compromised folk. It takes all sorts TG, I guess he’ll be wishing he’d done the right thing now his ears have been verbally boxed.

brue replied on 28/12/2021 16:45

Posted on 28/12/2021 14:14 by JVB66

My Home test kit arrived by Royal Mail tracked half an hour ago as we were having lunch,. As I could not get to an open test centre yesterday as they cancelled my appointment(no staff?), now have to do test and post at priority post box today, ,

Posted on 28/12/2021 16:45

Expect a few delays with the results, sounds as though the system is under pressure. Our eldest daughter is now showing signs of Covid and took a PCR test today, this is several days after her partner developed Covid. Our unvaccinated grandson is at home with them, because he's unvaccinated he has to isolate for longer. I'm hoping he'll now change his mind and get the vac asap.

Wherenext replied on 29/12/2021 19:02

Posted on 29/12/2021 19:02

Fish, whilst having sympathy for your view about the actions of the anti vaxxers, or inactions, I don't subscribe to your no treatment solution but don't wish to get into arguments about it either.

You said more or less the same thing just before Christmas I seem to recall and that just led to a lot of heated arguments from both sides of the argument. I can't see that your post will elicit any different response and can only hope members ignore the temptation to counter your view.

I've had enough Deja Vu over the Christmas period. 

brue replied on 29/12/2021 20:11

Posted on 29/12/2021 20:11

Our eldest daughter tested positive today, a week after her partner contracted the virus. Not good news but she says she is feeling OK.

As for banning people from hospital admission for doing something "stupid" like not getting vaccinated I suspect a lot of hospital admissions are to do with avoidable events...wink 

If a list gets drawn up I think it will be a long one!!

replied on 29/12/2021 20:34

Posted on 29/12/2021 20:11 by brue

Our eldest daughter tested positive today, a week after her partner contracted the virus. Not good news but she says she is feeling OK.

As for banning people from hospital admission for doing something "stupid" like not getting vaccinated I suspect a lot of hospital admissions are to do with avoidable events...wink 

If a list gets drawn up I think it will be a long one!!

Posted on 29/12/2021 20:34

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook