Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

LLM replied on 23/12/2021 22:34

Posted on 23/12/2021 20:47 by nelliethehooker

Perhaps do what has been proposed by the NSW state legislature....charge those that are in hospital with Covid but haven't been vaccinated for the care provided!sealed

Edit Have just read TG's post on the same subject, but not any responses yet.

Posted on 23/12/2021 22:34

The founding principal of the NHS is very simple.  Medical care for all, free at the point of delivery.  Whether your lifestyle and choices make you more or less likely to need medical care is irrelevant to the provision of that care.  Attempting to change that would be a very dangerous thing to do. 

brue replied on 23/12/2021 22:58

Posted on 23/12/2021 22:58

Partner of eldest daughter has just tested positive tonight, our family are going down like ninepins. Just take care out there and have a safe Christmas.

Cornersteady replied on 23/12/2021 23:02

Posted on 23/12/2021 22:34 by LLM

The founding principal of the NHS is very simple.  Medical care for all, free at the point of delivery.  Whether your lifestyle and choices make you more or less likely to need medical care is irrelevant to the provision of that care.  Attempting to change that would be a very dangerous thing to do. 

Posted on 23/12/2021 23:02

+1

Cornersteady replied on 23/12/2021 23:03

Posted on 23/12/2021 22:58 by brue

Partner of eldest daughter has just tested positive tonight, our family are going down like ninepins. Just take care out there and have a safe Christmas.

Posted on 23/12/2021 23:03

Sorry to hear that, you too.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 23/12/2021 23:36

Posted on 23/12/2021 21:25 by nelliethehooker

The Australian healthcare system, Medicare, is funded by the tax payer but members of the population can purchase additional services provided by private hospitals etc.

From yourworldhealthcare.com

What is Medicare?
Medicare is the universal healthcare system in Australia and the primary form of access to healthcare services in the country. The system is publicly funded (Taxpayers in Australia pay 1.5 percent of their income to Medicare. However, if you're a higher earner, you can pay 2.5 percent).

The service is operated by the Department of Human Services and gives Australian residents access to subsidised treatment from a wide range of healthcare professionals, including medical practitioners, midwives and allied health professionals throughout the country. 

Posted on 23/12/2021 23:36

Yup, as I thought-thanks👍🏻

peedee replied on 24/12/2021 06:50

Posted on 23/12/2021 15:44 by Cornersteady

I can't really agree with that at all and more to the point neither would any doctor or nurse? Could you really see any medical professional turning down care for someone who needs it there and then? Could you personally do that?

Posted on 24/12/2021 06:50

I didn't really expect anyone to agree with what could be a radical solution. It was just a thought but it is no worse than what is actually happening i.e. turning down the millions waiting for treatment for other aliments.

peedee

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 24/12/2021 07:34

Posted on 24/12/2021 06:50 by peedee

I didn't really expect anyone to agree with what could be a radical solution. It was just a thought but it is no worse than what is actually happening i.e. turning down the millions waiting for treatment for other aliments.

peedee

Posted on 24/12/2021 07:34

I don’t think it’s so much ‘turning down’ as not having the staff nor the time to physically do any more than they are PD. They’re flat out now.

SteveL replied on 24/12/2021 07:53

Posted on 24/12/2021 07:53

I agree they are flat out, but I agree with PD. We are talking about folk with life changing / saving Operations being cancelled, due to a shortage of intensive care beds. According to some reports 80% of those beds are occupied by the unvaccinated. They have been turned down, cancelled, postponed, call it what you will, for those vital ops because of the selfish actions of anti vaccers.

replied on 24/12/2021 08:12

Posted on 24/12/2021 07:53 by SteveL

I agree they are flat out, but I agree with PD. We are talking about folk with life changing / saving Operations being cancelled, due to a shortage of intensive care beds. According to some reports 80% of those beds are occupied by the unvaccinated. They have been turned down, cancelled, postponed, call it what you will, for those vital ops because of the selfish actions of anti vaccers.

Posted on 24/12/2021 08:12

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

cyberyacht replied on 24/12/2021 08:23

Posted on 24/12/2021 08:23

Quite apart from anti-vaxers, there is considerable pressure on the NHS, as has already been mentioned from what could be termed 'self-abusers'. Overweight causing skeletal problems and need for bariatric surgery, diabetes, alcohol and drug abuse, smoking - cancer and respiratory disease. All of the above, because of people's view that the NHS can fix my problems, will ultimately destroy the NHS as we know it.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook