Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

replied on 23/12/2021 19:32

Posted on 23/12/2021 18:30 by moulesy

You are unbelievable! You brought up Vatican City rules and now accuse me of "dragging religion" into the discussion. Where have I done that. I should have known better than to even attempt to disagree with you in what I thought was a reasonable way. Fortunately most other posters seem capable of disagreeing respectfully. frown

Posted on 23/12/2021 19:32

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

SeasideBill replied on 23/12/2021 19:53

Posted on 23/12/2021 19:07 by mylo

Do you think people who smoke or drink or are over weight should pay for there treatment 

Posted on 23/12/2021 19:53

A more appropriate question for our times might be…. should people who are in chronic pain or suffering with life threatening/limiting conditions have to pay for private treatment rather than wait excessive periods on waiting lists created, in part, by people who’ve failed to take personal responsibility for protecting themselves from Covid?

mylo replied on 23/12/2021 20:06

Posted on 23/12/2021 20:06

Have been told by a nurse on the Covid ward at hospital that is local to me most are over weight. She got Covid and ended up in hospital she has had both jabs .now out of hospital but not back at work yet.she told me would be trying to lose some weight

allanandjean replied on 23/12/2021 20:30

Posted on 23/12/2021 20:30

As a realist with……………..oh, I did that earlier.
Whilst I can see the frustration, anger even, at what many see as selfish, unthinking behaviour of some, I accept that in order to maintain certain things, such as healthcare being free for all at the point of delivery, I will just have to accept that this will lead to frustration at the behaviours of some &@“#=-% people!!

nelliethehooker replied on 23/12/2021 20:47

Posted on 23/12/2021 15:44 by Cornersteady

I can't really agree with that at all and more to the point neither would any doctor or nurse? Could you really see any medical professional turning down care for someone who needs it there and then? Could you personally do that?

Posted on 23/12/2021 20:47

Perhaps do what has been proposed by the NSW state legislature....charge those that are in hospital with Covid but haven't been vaccinated for the care provided!sealed

Edit Have just read TG's post on the same subject, but not any responses yet.

moulesy replied on 23/12/2021 20:51

Posted on 23/12/2021 19:32 by

And merry xmas to you toowink

Posted on 23/12/2021 20:51

Well at least that's one sentiment we can agree on - a merry Christmas to you and yours and we will all be hoping for brighter days in 2022. smile

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 23/12/2021 20:59

Posted on 23/12/2021 20:47 by nelliethehooker

Perhaps do what has been proposed by the NSW state legislature....charge those that are in hospital with Covid but haven't been vaccinated for the care provided!sealed

Posted on 23/12/2021 20:59

I think Aussie healthcare is funded by insurance to a lesser or greater degree from conversations I’ve had with family over there, so if it’s true they’ll be paying for it anyway🤷🏻‍♂️

nelliethehooker replied on 23/12/2021 21:25

Posted on 23/12/2021 20:59 by Rocky 2 buckets

I think Aussie healthcare is funded by insurance to a lesser or greater degree from conversations I’ve had with family over there, so if it’s true they’ll be paying for it anyway🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted on 23/12/2021 21:25

The Australian healthcare system, Medicare, is funded by the tax payer but members of the population can purchase additional services provided by private hospitals etc.

From yourworldhealthcare.com

What is Medicare?
Medicare is the universal healthcare system in Australia and the primary form of access to healthcare services in the country. The system is publicly funded (Taxpayers in Australia pay 1.5 percent of their income to Medicare. However, if you're a higher earner, you can pay 2.5 percent).

The service is operated by the Department of Human Services and gives Australian residents access to subsidised treatment from a wide range of healthcare professionals, including medical practitioners, midwives and allied health professionals throughout the country. 

Cornersteady replied on 23/12/2021 21:57

Posted on 23/12/2021 20:47 by nelliethehooker

Posted on 23/12/2021 21:57

Sorry but I just cannot accept anything where a sick person does not receive treatment no matter what the cause. And charging someone for medical treatment is equally abhorrent to me (yes unless they want to pay of course as in going private)  

People get ill from alcohol, smoking...  where is the line drawn?

Just my personal view. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook