New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

KjellNN replied on 20/01/2022 12:38

Posted on 19/01/2022 19:42 by young thomas

"That's just me and we are all different; so the phrase "working through the route since what I book at one site influences what I need from the following one(s)" is not even one I can interpret. Such a way of going about things is not part of my DNA!"

Yes, we are all different...as AD mentions, EasyT 'always' books 5 nights at every site...when we visit places it may not hold our interest for that long and we would want to be moving on...then the next place turns out to be far more engaging and we could spend a good deal of time there exploring..

agreed, no one size fits all but, for us (especially overseas) the huge advantage of a MH is the ability to move on when we want to, not when the booking says we do.

Posted on 20/01/2022 12:38

I think the "working through the route" bit posted by Nav is perfectly clear, Gray.     How else  can you decide how many nights to book where, especially when you also need to consider what may be available at your chosen site when you do come to book, which is becoming more of a problem these days.  Throw pitch surface booking into the mix and it gets even more complicated!

We often have places we are 100% sure we want to visit, also some dates when we need to be at a certain location, so these are secured first, then the route between them filled in.

Also, as you say BB, some places will turn out boring, others more interesting than expected, and that was the advantage of the easy booking and amending with CAMC, we have quite often altered our plans at short notice when on a tour.

We use only a few CAMC sites these days, going more for CLs and CCC sites, lower  site costs mean more nights away.    Once the new booking system kicks in, the loss of the ease of changing plans, and the risk of losing a deposit, will mean we will be booking even more often with cost in mind in the first place.

On length of stay, the longest we have stayed on one site was 10 days at York Beechwood......lots to see in the area.

Takethedogalong replied on 21/01/2022 15:06

Posted on 21/01/2022 15:06

Might depend on what influenced the MH buy? Wanting to tour around an area, or because they are easier to set up, travel in, and pack up than a caravan? Some MH’s are used like caravans, but with four wheels and an onboard tank. Nothing wrong with that of course. 

We used to do 28 day stays in one place with our caravan. I think longest stay we have done on one site in last eight years of having MH was the 7 nights we had last September at Marazion. Interestingly for us, it stayed on Site more than usual as well, but maybe because we went down for cycling event. However, that week was book ended by moving on at least every 2 nights going down to SW, and returning, so we did tour different areas of country. Only 2 Club Sites though……..

ric95 replied on 23/01/2022 14:26

Posted on 23/01/2022 14:26

Due to my wife's unpredictable illness that occurred 4 years ago I have found the sites booking system useful , we have used the clubs sites in preference to other alternatives.

This was a major consideration but now there will be no advantage booking club sites. 

JVB66 replied on 23/01/2022 14:38

Posted on 23/01/2022 14:38

There are many like you and now in the last couple of years my OH ,,and as I have posted on here, several times ,but so far it has just received nil response or negative replies from other posters who it seems have not realised just how many are in our situations,

With the lack of response from the club also   although a staff member who posts on here seems to think this website is being "looked at?" By EGH staff ,

Maybe as I have been told that points as what we have raised. are another case of "we have not thought about those situations?" 

Takethedogalong replied on 23/01/2022 15:59

Posted on 23/01/2022 15:59

It might not be as bad as you think JV. Ok, the honeypots will get booked up, and there might be a scramble for pitches July/August, but I suspect a good few Club Sites will have space certainly mid week. The prices will put many off, and, there are bound to be a lot more who will think like us and not book ahead because of the deposits. There are some really lovely CLs and private Sites out there that might fill the gaps for you, and you will be touring in an easier outfit, so hopefully you will still get away as easily, with a few compromises. I can’t see the whole of FM getting booked up outside of school holidays and possibly the odd weekend. 🤞

JVB66 replied on 23/01/2022 16:09

Posted on 23/01/2022 16:09

The many posts on here and other forums ,against the throwing away of this clubs USP ,and no longer need to be a member, maybe is just talk rather than action ,

If action then it could well be a case of this club shooting ones self in the foot,

Takethedogalong replied on 23/01/2022 16:24

Posted on 23/01/2022 16:24

I think it’s just business moving on. The “Club” element only exists in the Centres and rallies, a good deal of the pricing structure and business model has been changing for quite a while, and the fortunate position the Club finds itself in, that of camping and touring seeing a huge increase, has made the time right to out the old, and cater for the future, to put it brutally. The Club had been somewhat reliant upon a hard core of loyal but ageing Members, along with their offspring keeping things going, but this is different. This is new intake with no pre conceived ideas or expectations, so future proofing the income and bring it into line with most other holiday providers is now. That said, as JK has said, there will be someone who can look and listen to individual claims for returned deposits, so all is not lost. Hopefully.

Tinwheeler replied on 23/01/2022 16:32

Posted on 23/01/2022 14:38 by JVB66

There are many like you and now in the last couple of years my OH ,,and as I have posted on here, several times ,but so far it has just received nil response or negative replies from other posters who it seems have not realised just how many are in our situations,

With the lack of response from the club also   although a staff member who posts on here seems to think this website is being "looked at?" By EGH staff ,

Maybe as I have been told that points as what we have raised. are another case of "we have not thought about those situations?" 

Posted on 23/01/2022 16:32

With regard to your first paragraph, JV, I too am in that situation but am able to see the bigger picture of the membership and operational needs as a whole as you will have seen from my posts in the other thread. 

JVB66 replied on 23/01/2022 16:33

Posted on 23/01/2022 16:24 by Takethedogalong

I think it’s just business moving on. The “Club” element only exists in the Centres and rallies, a good deal of the pricing structure and business model has been changing for quite a while, and the fortunate position the Club finds itself in, that of camping and touring seeing a huge increase, has made the time right to out the old, and cater for the future, to put it brutally. The Club had been somewhat reliant upon a hard core of loyal but ageing Members, along with their offspring keeping things going, but this is different. This is new intake with no pre conceived ideas or expectations, so future proofing the income and bring it into line with most other holiday providers is now. That said, as JK has said, there will be someone who can look and listen to individual claims for returned deposits, so all is not lost. Hopefully.

Posted on 23/01/2022 16:33

It is as you say undecided,in real speak as often happens now means a reduction in the service previously offeredsurprised

Twos more then one replied on 23/01/2022 16:36

Posted on 23/01/2022 16:36

It is the club that was out of line  with every other commercial and other club sites 
If the clubs way was the way forward, then others clubs and  commercial sites would have gone the clubs way .
Though i suspect many of those posting, are part of the 25% speculative booking members of the club 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook