New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

Arch replied on 23/01/2022 17:40

Posted on 23/01/2022 17:40

.....as for the difference 

1 ) I dont need to pay a deposit 

2) I can amend the booking up to 24hrs before

3) I can change my mind while on site and move on earlier or later to a different club site

4) I can leave early and get a refund

5) I can choose my pitch on arrival

Based on my experience of pitches filling up as soon as they become available I dont believe these changes will result in extra availability 

I am not a so called speculative booker, if there are any I don't believe they effect my ability to book.

Tinwheeler replied on 23/01/2022 17:45

Posted on 23/01/2022 17:35 by JVB66

It is unsubstantiated as it seems it was just some figure thought of to make a case for change as beforehand no records seem to have been kept as the questian had been asked several times before

Posted on 23/01/2022 17:45

You and TMTO miss the point. The unsubstantiated remark by TDA referred to the comment that many posters here were suspected of being speculative bookers. It was a slur on us.

"Though i suspect many of those posting, are part of the 25% speculative booking members of the club"

Takethedogalong replied on 23/01/2022 17:50

Posted on 23/01/2022 17:28 by Twos more then one
Content has been removed.

Posted on 23/01/2022 17:50

Your logic is flawed. The Club tells us 25% of bookings are cancelled. That doesn’t indicate the Club thinks they are speculative, merely that for a huge variety of reasons, 25% were cancelled. They don’t tell us how many of those 25% were rebooked, or moved to different dates. But you have chosen to make generalised comments about those who aren’t particularly in favour of the move over to deposits.🤷‍♀️

JVB66 replied on 23/01/2022 18:00

Posted on 23/01/2022 17:50 by Takethedogalong

Your logic is flawed. The Club tells us 25% of bookings are cancelled. That doesn’t indicate the Club thinks they are speculative, merely that for a huge variety of reasons, 25% were cancelled. They don’t tell us how many of those 25% were rebooked, or moved to different dates. But you have chosen to make generalised comments about those who aren’t particularly in favour of the move over to deposits.🤷‍♀️

Posted on 23/01/2022 18:00

As posted that figure was only posted when evidence was put forward to it seems make a case for the change when asked before the club would not  or more likely could not give a figure

As when the club were trying to make a case to reduce some retired and working staff concessions it was proved to be completely wrong as no records were kept to substantiate the figures

Takethedogalong replied on 23/01/2022 18:07

Posted on 23/01/2022 18:00 by JVB66

As posted that figure was only posted when evidence was put forward to it seems make a case for the change when asked before the club would not  or more likely could not give a figure

As when the club were trying to make a case to reduce some retired and working staff concessions it was proved to be completely wrong as no records were kept to substantiate the figures

Posted on 23/01/2022 18:07

The Club will have the figures JV. No business as big or as professional as this wouldn’t know how each Site is performing. Every business uses figures to underpin a case for change. The Club has just chosen it’s moment very carefully. The problem is how some “lookers in” choose to interpret this information.

JVB66 replied on 23/01/2022 18:07

Posted on 23/01/2022 17:45 by Tinwheeler

You and TMTO miss the point. The unsubstantiated remark by TDA referred to the comment that many posters here were suspected of being speculative bookers. It was a slur on us.

"Though i suspect many of those posting, are part of the 25% speculative booking members of the club"

Posted on 23/01/2022 18:07

Not me I just posted facts undecided

Wherenext replied on 23/01/2022 18:27

Posted on 23/01/2022 18:07 by Takethedogalong

The Club will have the figures JV. No business as big or as professional as this wouldn’t know how each Site is performing. Every business uses figures to underpin a case for change. The Club has just chosen it’s moment very carefully. The problem is how some “lookers in” choose to interpret this information.

Posted on 23/01/2022 18:27

Wasn't it this club that proferred those reasons for closing some non facility sites? That is, they knew how much "traffic" that each site generated. They'll know and if they don't know then they aren't fit for purpose. Every organisation should know what is happening below decks so to speak, well everyone except HMG obviously.undecidedsmile

It was interesting to read what JK posted about how popular the Non-fac sites were. What a crying shame the folks at EG don't take any notice.

JVB66 replied on 23/01/2022 19:21

Posted on 23/01/2022 19:21

I wish I had your confidence on how  EGH kept records, as i can assure you I have seen via some site staff how poor record keeping is is some areas

Two examples  of how EGH are on top of the finances they are? I will not mentions the seasonal site ,but we were visiting just after it opened, the site staff were wondering why the previous year the water bill for their site had almost quadrapulled ,,they thought they had a bad water leak,?so checked the meter which was a completely different reading ,only to find they had been billed for a full fat all year site Twenty miles away by EGH finance dept

Second example EGH had paid the bill for refuse pickups sent in error  by the refuse company to the site, and had been forwarded to EGH for payment even though the it was closed

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook