New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

cyberyacht replied on 24/01/2022 06:27

Posted on 23/01/2022 19:21 by JVB66

I wish I had your confidence on how  EGH kept records, as i can assure you I have seen via some site staff how poor record keeping is is some areas

Two examples  of how EGH are on top of the finances they are? I will not mentions the seasonal site ,but we were visiting just after it opened, the site staff were wondering why the previous year the water bill for their site had almost quadrapulled ,,they thought they had a bad water leak,?so checked the meter which was a completely different reading ,only to find they had been billed for a full fat all year site Twenty miles away by EGH finance dept

Second example EGH had paid the bill for refuse pickups sent in error  by the refuse company to the site, and had been forwarded to EGH for payment even though the it was closed

Posted on 24/01/2022 06:27

Not just the IT department that are less than efficient then.

JollyKernow replied on 24/01/2022 08:43

Posted on 23/01/2022 18:07 by Takethedogalong

The Club will have the figures JV. No business as big or as professional as this wouldn’t know how each Site is performing. Every business uses figures to underpin a case for change. The Club has just chosen it’s moment very carefully. The problem is how some “lookers in” choose to interpret this information.

Posted on 24/01/2022 08:43

Morning

Your last sentence is very true TTDA. Unfortunately.

JK

Twos more then one replied on 24/01/2022 10:53

Posted on 23/01/2022 17:50 by Takethedogalong

Your logic is flawed. The Club tells us 25% of bookings are cancelled. That doesn’t indicate the Club thinks they are speculative, merely that for a huge variety of reasons, 25% were cancelled. They don’t tell us how many of those 25% were rebooked, or moved to different dates. But you have chosen to make generalised comments about those who aren’t particularly in favour of the move over to deposits.🤷‍♀️

Posted on 24/01/2022 10:53

Not correct, in the article the  club states it is to reduce speculative bookings 
So it is both mine, and the clubs logic 
The club  does tell us that is 950000 lost days and of that and over 25% of those days are cancelled just before the 72 hour deadline 
No commercial site could financially stand  such a system ,where 25% of days being cancelled with out deposits to give them some financial protection 
The reason the system is changing is due to the members that abused the system 
It is not members like me that has a problem with a deposit system, as i do not do speculative bookings. its is members that like a speculative system with no penalty, that oppose the change 

Twos more then one replied on 24/01/2022 11:20

Posted on 23/01/2022 17:45 by Tinwheeler

You and TMTO miss the point. The unsubstantiated remark by TDA referred to the comment that many posters here were suspected of being speculative bookers. It was a slur on us.

"Though i suspect many of those posting, are part of the 25% speculative booking members of the club"

Posted on 24/01/2022 11:20

So you claim that many of the posts that oppose the  changes  are not from members  that speculative book 
Explain how it is a slur ?
My comment does not slur those that do  not speculative book ,as it does no apply to them 
Neither does it slur  those that do speculative book , as it is not a slur, it is true 

Twos more then one replied on 24/01/2022 11:34

Posted on 24/01/2022 11:34

No company could stand 25% of it turnover  being cancelled, with no financial penalties to partially compensate, for that lose of turnover, or by charging those that do not cancel  more then they should , to pay and compensate  for those that cancel, with no penalty 

Tinwheeler replied on 24/01/2022 12:29

Posted on 24/01/2022 12:29

TMTO, I think you would benefit from re-reading the club's statements and recent posts, including your own. I can do no more to help your understanding.

SteveL replied on 24/01/2022 12:43

Posted on 24/01/2022 11:20 by Twos more then one

So you claim that many of the posts that oppose the  changes  are not from members  that speculative book 
Explain how it is a slur ?
My comment does not slur those that do  not speculative book ,as it does no apply to them 
Neither does it slur  those that do speculative book , as it is not a slur, it is true 

Posted on 24/01/2022 12:43

We like many others plan well in advance with the intent to take up all bookings made. However, any booking made in advance, especially several months is speculative, (engaged in, expressing, or based on conjecture rather than knowledge ) as you have no certainty / knowledge that you will be able to take it up. The club has actively encouraged this sort of booking by advertising you are able to book a full year ahead. As the majority of the cancellations are rebooked there is little financial penalty to the club. Although deposits  will definitely improve cash flow,

Cornersteady replied on 24/01/2022 12:46

Posted on 24/01/2022 11:34 by Twos more then one

No company could stand 25% of it turnover  being cancelled, with no financial penalties to partially compensate, for that lose of turnover, or by charging those that do not cancel  more then they should , to pay and compensate  for those that cancel, with no penalty 

Posted on 24/01/2022 12:46

you may have missed the statement (AGM Q&A)  that many of the cancellations are resold, although not desirable it is not all lost income.

Twos more then one replied on 24/01/2022 13:29

Posted on 24/01/2022 12:29 by Tinwheeler

TMTO, I think you would benefit from re-reading the club's statements and recent posts, including your own. I can do no more to help your understanding.

Posted on 24/01/2022 13:29

I have the clubs statement in front of my now, so what  is it you claim i do not understand ? 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook