New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

JollyKernow replied on 19/01/2022 13:29

Posted on 19/01/2022 12:03 by DavidKlyne

But surely part of the new system is about allowing you to book several sites in a tour or in fact at different times in one go rather than all separately? The system then just collates all the required deposits as one figure which does make sense. I imagine if a change is required to one site the system just decouples that part of the deposit?

David

Posted on 19/01/2022 13:29

Afternoon

Exactly that DK, very straightforward. 

JK

KjellNN replied on 19/01/2022 13:44

Posted on 19/01/2022 12:01 by Navigateur

As well as interspersing with the Camping Club, CLs, CSs and commercials, I usually do not book all of a trip at once, rather working through the route since what I book at one site influences what I need from the following one(s).  I wonder if there is anyone who books a whole tour using consecutive Caravan club sites - apart from those writing an article for the Club's magazine.

I fear this is just yet another instance of the Club inventing something that we don't want or need, and trumpeting it as an advantage. No matter how many they invent it can never replace the loss of 3 day cancellation and deposit free bookings.

Posted on 19/01/2022 13:44

We used to, about 10/12 years back, when site fees were more affordable, but not any more!

replied on 19/01/2022 14:27

As well as interspersing with the Camping Club, CLs, CSs and commercials, I usually do not book all of a trip at once, rather working through the route since what I book at one site influences what I need from the following one(s).  I wonder if there is anyone who books a whole tour using consecutive Caravan club sites - apart from those writing an article for the Club's magazine.

I fear this is just yet another instance of the Club inventing something that we don't want or need, and trumpeting it as an advantage. No matter how many they invent it can never replace the loss of 3 day cancellation and deposit free bookings.

Posted on 19/01/2022 14:27

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Takethedogalong replied on 19/01/2022 15:12

Posted on 19/01/2022 15:12

We booked a little tour that featured three consecutive Club Sites a couple of years ago, mainly to watch the World Cycling Championships. Bolton Abbey, Lower Wensleydale, then Hawes. We altered the number of nights we wanted between BA and LW, and the Wardens at the time simply did everything for us, all very easy. 

GTP replied on 19/01/2022 15:13

Posted on 18/01/2022 13:54 by peedee

Exactly some members will never believe in preplanning their leisure time

Well I have made 7 campsite bookings,(not all Club sites) 2 ferry crossings and one hotel booking all in the past 2 weeks. Just about got my year mapped out for the longer away stints.

peedee

Posted on 19/01/2022 15:13

Ditto for ferry bookings ( one which is virtually paid for and has had dates amended 3 times from 2020) ...plus 9 UK bookings made...5 of which are non club sites.

GTP replied on 19/01/2022 15:33

Posted on 19/01/2022 15:33

Edit to previous post...

The 5 non club sites all required a deposit....ranging from £25 to £50 which have been paid....Further, the final payment date varies from 7 days to 28 days prior to arrival.. Cancellation terms also differ with 2 deposits non refundable..

Graydjames replied on 19/01/2022 16:28

Posted on 19/01/2022 16:28

It is true that in recent years I have not done a tour covering more than four sites; however, prior to that some tours covered a good many more, mostly with the CAMC/CC (and now, exclusively so). I tend to stay longer at each site these days than in my early years so trips tend to involve fewer sites. I always book my sites in advance whether I am going to one site or ten sites. I plan the whole thing in advance. In any case, these days, with sites so busy, one surely has no option if you want to be sure of a CAMC pitch. 

I think my need to book everything is a throw back to my youth when my father often took us on holiday without making any reservations; my mother's stress at the uncertainty of whether we were going to find a room has always lived with me, and was passed onto me. Having said that, we always did find somewhere, even if sometimes it was not in the most salubrious of hostelry. 

That's just me and we are all different; so the phrase "working through the route since what I book at one site influences what I need from the following one(s)" is not even one I can interpret. Such a way of going about things is not part of my DNA! 

On the second paragraph, well, that has been well argued here already. I will only say again that I think the changes are necessary and long overdue; the "loss" of 3 day cancellations and no deposits is no loss at all. I find it a bit arrogant to assume that "we" neither want nor need these changes. That is a pretty mighty assumption on behalf of members. The evidence of this thread is that there are plenty who welcome it. 

Arch replied on 19/01/2022 18:08

Posted on 19/01/2022 18:08

I find it a bit arrogant to assume that "we" neither want nor need these changes. That is a pretty mighty assumption on behalf of members. The evidence of this thread is that there are plenty who welcome it. 

Having been on this thread for some time I would disagree with you, there are some who welcome it, there are quite a few who do not in my opinion like me most have just accepted it but do the very few who have posted on this thread represent the members I suspect not, the majority will not have a clue about this post or I would have expected far more input wether for or against so arrogance works both ways.

JVB66 replied on 19/01/2022 18:45

Posted on 19/01/2022 18:45

With the posts about lack of real communication about the Deposits and extended cancelation period, and conversations OH and I have had off CT  there is going to many members ,who it seems  ,have not had what I would expect from the clubs marketing department if it was anything that was going to enhance the clubs status in the world of the leisure industry 

young thomas replied on 19/01/2022 19:42

Posted on 19/01/2022 19:42

"That's just me and we are all different; so the phrase "working through the route since what I book at one site influences what I need from the following one(s)" is not even one I can interpret. Such a way of going about things is not part of my DNA!"

Yes, we are all different...as AD mentions, EasyT 'always' books 5 nights at every site...when we visit places it may not hold our interest for that long and we would want to be moving on...then the next place turns out to be far more engaging and we could spend a good deal of time there exploring..

agreed, no one size fits all but, for us (especially overseas) the huge advantage of a MH is the ability to move on when we want to, not when the booking says we do.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook