New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

brue replied on 19/01/2022 08:18

Posted on 19/01/2022 08:18

Thanks David I was going to send a message after realising others were in the same situation but will wait to hear more.

Arch replied on 19/01/2022 09:40

Posted on 19/01/2022 09:40

If a number of bookings are made putting together a tour say 4 the deposit paid is based on the total cost of the 4 bookings, if for whatever reason the first site booking is cancelled after the 21 days do you loose the full deposit paid for the 4 sites.

Tinwheeler replied on 19/01/2022 09:53

Posted on 19/01/2022 09:40 by Arch

If a number of bookings are made putting together a tour say 4 the deposit paid is based on the total cost of the 4 bookings, if for whatever reason the first site booking is cancelled after the 21 days do you loose the full deposit paid for the 4 sites.

Posted on 19/01/2022 09:53

It was my understanding that deposits would be calculated separately for each booking but then added together so you only make one payment to cover the tour. Therefore, each booking and its deposit is treated as a separate entity apart from only needing to make one advance payment.

JVB66 replied on 19/01/2022 10:00

Posted on 19/01/2022 09:53 by Tinwheeler

It was my understanding that deposits would be calculated separately for each booking but then added together so you only make one payment to cover the tour. Therefore, each booking and its deposit is treated as a separate entity apart from only needing to make one advance payment.

Posted on 19/01/2022 10:00

Thats also what I understand

We were going to FM on  Sunday  see my post on what are you up to threadsurprised

JVB66 replied on 19/01/2022 10:04

Posted on 19/01/2022 09:59 by Navigateur

That's how I read it TW, but I do not see any advantage in paying the one deposit. Keeping each seperate makes more sense for me.

Posted on 19/01/2022 10:04

One deposit one payment ,calculated? separately when at each site

SteveL replied on 19/01/2022 10:40

That's how I read it TW, but I do not see any advantage in paying the one deposit. Keeping each seperate makes more sense for me.

Posted on 19/01/2022 10:40

I would tend to agree. Although will have to wait and see how the multiple ones are handled. We are generally only booking for a few days at each site and they will be interspersed with C&CC / others.

Navigateur replied on 19/01/2022 12:01

Posted on 19/01/2022 12:01

As well as interspersing with the Camping Club, CLs, CSs and commercials, I usually do not book all of a trip at once, rather working through the route since what I book at one site influences what I need from the following one(s).  I wonder if there is anyone who books a whole tour using consecutive Caravan club sites - apart from those writing an article for the Club's magazine.

I fear this is just yet another instance of the Club inventing something that we don't want or need, and trumpeting it as an advantage. No matter how many they invent it can never replace the loss of 3 day cancellation and deposit free bookings.

DavidKlyne replied on 19/01/2022 12:03

Posted on 19/01/2022 12:03

But surely part of the new system is about allowing you to book several sites in a tour or in fact at different times in one go rather than all separately? The system then just collates all the required deposits as one figure which does make sense. I imagine if a change is required to one site the system just decouples that part of the deposit?

David

JVB66 replied on 19/01/2022 12:12

Posted on 19/01/2022 12:01 by Navigateur

As well as interspersing with the Camping Club, CLs, CSs and commercials, I usually do not book all of a trip at once, rather working through the route since what I book at one site influences what I need from the following one(s).  I wonder if there is anyone who books a whole tour using consecutive Caravan club sites - apart from those writing an article for the Club's magazine.

I fear this is just yet another instance of the Club inventing something that we don't want or need, and trumpeting it as an advantage. No matter how many they invent it can never replace the loss of 3 day cancellation and deposit free bookings.

Posted on 19/01/2022 12:12

We do ,at this time,  will see about next year if we complete this years tourssurprised

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook