New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

young thomas replied on 10/01/2022 10:58

Posted on 10/01/2022 10:45 by JVB66

If as JK states a call to the sites concerned ,will be the easiest way to make amendments ,it will need the telephone to be answered, not as now,  a long winded message then  to leave your number for ,the site staff to call back,undecided

If it is as last year ,the pitches needed will no longer be available especially as sites are no longer it seems allowed to keep their "offset" pitches in case of problems ?

Posted on 10/01/2022 10:58

My point was not 'how to' do it, but whether, if the amendment was made within the new 21 day period, a deposit would be lost or could be transferred to the new booking?

young thomas replied on 10/01/2022 11:00

Posted on 10/01/2022 10:49 by JVB66

Thankyou on the behalf of those of the membership who will be in the situation you are so easily dismissive ofyell

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:00

As risks change, due to Covid or personal circumstances, it seems pertinent to manage those risks as best we all can...

for some this is booking early and having travel insurance for those last minute hitches.

JVB66 replied on 10/01/2022 11:03

Posted on 10/01/2022 10:58 by young thomas

My point was not 'how to' do it, but whether, if the amendment was made within the new 21 day period, a deposit would be lost or could be transferred to the new booking?

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:03

It seems there are more questions as to how the new system may hopefully be  user friendly.?  than any replies from those who it seems, think it is going to be workable undecided

And as I was told last week, April this year for implementation may well be slippingsurprised

Tinwheeler replied on 10/01/2022 11:03

Thankyou on the behalf of those of the membership who will be in the situation you are so easily dismissive ofyell

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:03

I don't think pointing out each of us is responsible for our own actions and decisions is being dismissive. No business can take account of every individual's situation in its dealings with them. That would be unworkable.

SteveL replied on 10/01/2022 11:05

Posted on 10/01/2022 10:58 by young thomas

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:05

Personally I can’t see the point in deposits if you were allowed to reallocate them within the 21 days. By far the easiest / clearest system would be that the deposit is forfeit. At least then everyone knows what is going to happen.

KjellNN replied on 10/01/2022 11:11

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:00 by young thomas

As risks change, due to Covid or personal circumstances, it seems pertinent to manage those risks as best we all can...

for some this is booking early and having travel insurance for those last minute hitches.

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:11

Any suggestions for UK only travel insurance?

JVB66 replied on 10/01/2022 11:15

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:03 by Tinwheeler

I don't think pointing out each of us is responsible for our own actions and decisions is being dismissive. No business can take account of every individual's situation in its dealings with them. That would be unworkable.

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:15

According to posts from some on here and others who it directly affects the demographics of this club seems mostly retired. who have been loyal for many years,   and as others have posted also can come with health issues, that can and do require very short notice cancellation and amendments to bookings 

It needs some form of recognition to those facts when making major changes to to how ,the sites networks booking system is implemented 

As for the suggestion of cancellation insurances they are it seems very much age related with the cost ,

brue replied on 10/01/2022 11:15

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:15

All of us will have to adapt JVB, many have to adapt already due to personal limitations and have done so for years. We're all faced with a new deposit system whatever our circumstances. It sounds as though you are upset about changes to your personal life and obviously this is understood by those of us who read your posts and commiserate with you. 

I have had to cancel a booking this year, I could do it easily, it was well in advance and I presume if all works well with the new system this will work out too. If I have to do it at the last minute I'm not expecting any favours even if it's a no fault cancellation. There will be some out there who will no doubt do their utmost to recoup the deposits. There are many permutations!

JollyKernow replied on 10/01/2022 11:24

Posted on 09/01/2022 21:42 by JVB66

We after this year with the bookings already made ,  we at this time have every intention to honour,

Next year? as this club will then be little or no different from most other commercial organisations,, ,we shall see,? although my membership will continue ,

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:24

It would after all, be rather churlish to relinquish something that is free eh jv?wink

JK

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook