New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

JVB66 replied on 10/01/2022 11:35

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:15 by brue

All of us will have to adapt JVB, many have to adapt already due to personal limitations and have done so for years. We're all faced with a new deposit system whatever our circumstances. It sounds as though you are upset about changes to your personal life and obviously this is understood by those of us who read your posts and commiserate with you. 

I have had to cancel a booking this year, I could do it easily, it was well in advance and I presume if all works well with the new system this will work out too. If I have to do it at the last minute I'm not expecting any favours even if it's a no fault cancellation. There will be some out there who will no doubt do their utmost to recoup the deposits. There are many permutations!

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:35

I am not posting because of our own problems ,although it has brought to the fore ,just what many have to think about ,when trying to to lead as normal life as they can,

As stated by posts and noted on the many sites we have used ,the USP of this club ,has made it by far, the most important thing ,many others in our situation and far worse in some cases ,have appreciated when trying to have a break away from their  daily situations

Without which they would not be able to,

It is hoped that this being a members club? some recognition of the many members in such situations will be recognised by those who are implementing the alternative booking system 

peedee replied on 10/01/2022 11:36

Posted on 10/01/2022 10:49 by JVB66

Thankyou on the behalf of those of the membership who will be in the situation you are so easily dismissive ofyell

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:36

Easily written and read but not so to accept.

peedee

brue replied on 10/01/2022 11:41

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:11 by KjellNN

Any suggestions for UK only travel insurance?

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:41

We've done this once Kj, for an expensive trip to Shetland which included two ferry journeys (and more!) Obviously you have to decide on the excess so it might not be worth it in most circumstances. 

Tinwheeler replied on 10/01/2022 11:46

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:15 by JVB66

According to posts from some on here and others who it directly affects the demographics of this club seems mostly retired. who have been loyal for many years,   and as others have posted also can come with health issues, that can and do require very short notice cancellation and amendments to bookings 

It needs some form of recognition to those facts when making major changes to to how ,the sites networks booking system is implemented 

As for the suggestion of cancellation insurances they are it seems very much age related with the cost ,

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:46

JV, you and I are in the same boat as it also very much directly affects me but I still say it is my responsibility and I don't expect anyone else, or any organisation, to give me some form of special treatment. It is for me and me alone to decide whether to accept or reject what is on offer and I stand or fall by my decisions.

I didn't mention insurance🤔

Cornersteady replied on 10/01/2022 11:52

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:11 by KjellNN

Any suggestions for UK only travel insurance?

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:52

We have a multi trip one with the post office just to cover our holiday cottages but will cover the club as well now.

Just click on the UK only when completing. Quite cheap really.

Cornersteady replied on 10/01/2022 11:57

Posted on 10/01/2022 10:33 by peedee

It is not for the Club to take account of each individual's circumstances. It down to each indvidual to make a risk analaysis and decide what approach to take to getting away. This may be accepting they may lose their deposit or they may decide holiday insurance is necessary in some form. Worst case scenario might be the best decision is to look at what alternatives are available or even not to go away at all and settle for tending the garden and watching TV.

peedee

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:57

+1

JVB66 replied on 10/01/2022 12:08

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:46 by Tinwheeler

JV, you and I are in the same boat as it also very much directly affects me but I still say it is my responsibility and I don't expect anyone else, or any organisation, to give me some form of special treatment. It is for me and me alone to decide whether to accept or reject what is on offer and I stand or fall by my decisions.

I didn't mention insurance🤔

Posted on 10/01/2022 12:08

Other posters have mentioned insurance,  just replied as a general post,

we have noticed just how many people when on sites ,do tend to ask when they see a mobility scooter and we are sitting out,   (OH tends to find it easier to sit on hers),if we use our caravan often, ,when we have explained that we tour a lot.  ,but not sure about the future ,with the possible deposits system ,they nearly always say  they would not be able to get away,  because they may need to adjust or cancel at short notice, unless deposits are refundable, 

It very much needs clarification for that very reason ,

Not because of ours and it seems many others situation,,

Navigateur replied on 10/01/2022 12:21

Posted on 10/01/2022 11:52 by Cornersteady

We have a multi trip one with the post office just to cover our holiday cottages but will cover the club as well now.

Just click on the UK only when completing. Quite cheap really.

Posted on 10/01/2022 12:21

I have had a look at that.  £100 excess means most booking would not be covered unless cancellation was between the credit card being debited the day before and the non-arrival.  Seventeen day trip limit can be extended for more premium on top of the £270.

Think I'll just stick with throwing away the deposit if anything goes wrong!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook