New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

JVB66 replied on 06/01/2022 10:20

Posted on 06/01/2022 10:20

As said to us by site staff ,it does not matter what size of outfit the arrival has,  if the pitch they chose is what the like, they will get on it whatever size the outfit surprised

And I am sure when contacting a site as in our case for a pitch as near a possible to the less abled wash room now needed ,we have yet to not get a call with a reply, even if they have had the answers phone oncool 

Takethedogalong replied on 06/01/2022 10:22

Posted on 06/01/2022 10:22

As long users of one of the Club’s more traditional Sites, Marazion, the impact of just how huge outfits are nowadays is plain to see and experience. It used to seem very roomy back in the 1990’s when vans were much smaller. Now it’s like shoehorning a size 10 foot into a size 3 boot. Painful at times.

Takethedogalong replied on 06/01/2022 10:26

Posted on 06/01/2022 10:20 by SteveL

We managed last May with no issue, phone answered straight away. I phoned before probable block cleaning time and away from first arrivals. It remains to be seen wether it will be possible between systems. I will try as soon as possible at the one site we have booked, on which getting a HS might be difficult.

Posted on 06/01/2022 10:26

We tried and tried Steve, throughout the day. When I mentioned it to staff, they confirmed that they weren’t taking calls🤷‍♀️ It was September, so a very busy period. 

JollyKernow replied on 06/01/2022 11:42

Posted on 06/01/2022 10:26 by Takethedogalong

We tried and tried Steve, throughout the day. When I mentioned it to staff, they confirmed that they weren’t taking calls🤷‍♀️ It was September, so a very busy period. 

Posted on 06/01/2022 11:42

Morning

During busy times last year we didn't take calls at all, but if you listen through that long answer phone message it offers alternative lines of communication, then at the end of it it mentions something like if you need to speak to the site staff leave your name, number and a short message and we'll call back. Bit strange if you left a message at Marazion and they didn't call back?

JK

Takethedogalong replied on 06/01/2022 11:51

Posted on 06/01/2022 11:51

It wasn’t Marazion JK. I will admit that I didn’t want to listen to a long, long message, especially as phoning while in transit with a signal coming and going, and in our old MH that doesn’t have the phone technology of the Jeep. But it became apparent that the phone wasn’t going to be picked up. In the end, the staff phoned us, so it got resolved amicably. It might be better this year, both staff and customers getting used to operational issues.

JVB66 replied on 06/01/2022 12:00

Posted on 06/01/2022 11:51 by Takethedogalong

It wasn’t Marazion JK. I will admit that I didn’t want to listen to a long, long message, especially as phoning while in transit with a signal coming and going, and in our old MH that doesn’t have the phone technology of the Jeep. But it became apparent that the phone wasn’t going to be picked up. In the end, the staff phoned us, so it got resolved amicably. It might be better this year, both staff and customers getting used to operational issues.

Posted on 06/01/2022 12:00

I will agree that it is quite difficult with the longwinded answer phone messages on club sites to keep contact with the site at times ,with some mobiles coverage,we tend to find a decent signal if using our mobiles

Have you tried the 111 number ,recently  I had to use it for OH yesterdaysurprised

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 06/01/2022 14:13

Posted on 06/01/2022 10:09 by JVB66

I cannot remember having our passports retained by hotels overseas? they have had them for admin purposes but we have had them given back to us later to put in our room safe,

I would not consider it safe for them to keep our passports in wee pigeon holes for the duration 

Posted on 06/01/2022 14:13

Okay JV, thanks.

MichaelT replied on 06/01/2022 14:31

Posted on 06/01/2022 12:00 by JVB66

I will agree that it is quite difficult with the longwinded answer phone messages on club sites to keep contact with the site at times ,with some mobiles coverage,we tend to find a decent signal if using our mobiles

Have you tried the 111 number ,recently  I had to use it for OH yesterdaysurprised

Posted on 06/01/2022 14:31

Have you tried the 111 number ,recently I had to use it for OH yesterday

Can you book a site using the 111 number now then?smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook