New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

Twos more then one replied on 06/01/2022 08:48

Posted on 06/01/2022 08:48

As some one that has been a member of the CCC for a number of years, and use Private sites , do  not see what  the fuss is.
To be honest on balance the CCC system is better, such has you rarely, if ever ,see small outfit taking up a large pitch , which then requires large units being forced to squeezed, on to small pitches ,as you do on club sites

replied on 06/01/2022 08:58

Posted on 05/01/2022 18:50 by SteveL

We normally just say we are not sure, unless we know the site and are sure. One thing is certain, if they wanted to retain our passports we would not be stopping. Camping Carnet or ACSI card should be ample security.

Posted on 06/01/2022 08:58

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 06/01/2022 09:43

Posted on 06/01/2022 09:43

Overseas Hotels do the same, on signing in they request your passport & put it in a wee pigeon hole with other info. It saves losing it or having it stolen👍🏻

DSB replied on 06/01/2022 09:55

Posted on 05/01/2022 10:52 by SteveL

Broadway only seems to have 5 grass pitches out of 117. Therefore generally not a high chance of ending up on grass. It’s sites like Malvern, more or less 50:50, which will be of concern if you have booked under the old system.

Posted on 06/01/2022 09:55

....and at this time of year grass pitches will probably not be in use.  There are a number sites with only a very small number of grass pitches.  I wonder if these are also offering the option of surface type?

David

Takethedogalong replied on 06/01/2022 10:00

Posted on 06/01/2022 10:00

Good luck with phoning a Site to get the Wardens to amend your booking. We tried ringing two Sites last year to have a conversation about something important but all we got was a recorded message all the time. It only got sorted because the Wardens phoned us about something else!

We, in our tiny little MH, regularly go for the most spacious pitch we can find. It’s the only way of not having to listen to next doors TV/domestic/etc on a Club Site!

replied on 06/01/2022 10:06

Posted on 06/01/2022 10:06

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 06/01/2022 10:09

Posted on 06/01/2022 09:43 by Rocky 2 buckets

Overseas Hotels do the same, on signing in they request your passport & put it in a wee pigeon hole with other info. It saves losing it or having it stolen👍🏻

Posted on 06/01/2022 10:09

I cannot remember having our passports retained by hotels overseas? they have had them for admin purposes but we have had them given back to us later to put in our room safe,

I would not consider it safe for them to keep our passports in wee pigeon holes for the duration 

Arch replied on 06/01/2022 10:10

Posted on 06/01/2022 08:48 by Twos more then one

As some one that has been a member of the CCC for a number of years, and use Private sites , do  not see what  the fuss is.
To be honest on balance the CCC system is better, such has you rarely, if ever ,see small outfit taking up a large pitch , which then requires large units being forced to squeezed, on to small pitches ,as you do on club sites

Posted on 06/01/2022 10:10

It's  our individual choice what size unit to have but whatever size we have we all pay the same price, my opinion is we all have the right to use whatever size pitch is available, I've had a small unit and when using ccc sites was always given the smallest pitch available with no space it was galling knowing I was paying the same as larger units with far nicer pitches, I now have a very large unit and if I end up on a tight pitch then tough, it's my choice of unit size I dont begrudge the small units having more space.

SteveL replied on 06/01/2022 10:14

Posted on 06/01/2022 10:09 by JVB66

I cannot remember having our passports retained by hotels overseas? they have had them for admin purposes but we have had them given back to us later to put in our room safe,

I would not consider it safe for them to keep our passports in wee pigeon holes for the duration 

Posted on 06/01/2022 10:14

Totally agree. I once stole ours back from said pigeon holes, such was the level of security. They didn’t even remark on the fact they had gone missing.

SteveL replied on 06/01/2022 10:20

Posted on 06/01/2022 10:00 by Takethedogalong

Good luck with phoning a Site to get the Wardens to amend your booking. We tried ringing two Sites last year to have a conversation about something important but all we got was a recorded message all the time. It only got sorted because the Wardens phoned us about something else!

We, in our tiny little MH, regularly go for the most spacious pitch we can find. It’s the only way of not having to listen to next doors TV/domestic/etc on a Club Site!

Posted on 06/01/2022 10:20

We managed last May with no issue, phone answered straight away. I phoned before probable block cleaning time and away from first arrivals. It remains to be seen wether it will be possible between systems. I will try as soon as possible at the one site we have booked, on which getting a HS might be difficult.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook