New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

DavidKlyne replied on 06/01/2022 20:20

Posted on 06/01/2022 18:44 by SteveL

Perhaps they need to make taking the balance just before arrival compulsory, as the C&CC have during covid. I don’t think many would risk getting the residual amount taken by being no shows. Even if they ultimately got  It returned.

Posted on 06/01/2022 20:20

I think it should be the default position that the balance should be taken automatically, either on the day of arrival or the day before. Anyone who became a no show would pay for the full stay. They would then have to argue that out with the Club if they wanted any sort of refund. It would certainly discourage people from not showing up which might be the case if they only lost the deposit. The situation now is very different now from when the Club last took deposits. I also think that the Club will monitor deposit refunds as they will be easier to trace and I am sure if they notice some members with a high incidence of deposit refunds I am sure they will be having a word. 

David

Cornersteady replied on 06/01/2022 20:27

Posted on 06/01/2022 20:20 by DavidKlyne

I think it should be the default position that the balance should be taken automatically, either on the day of arrival or the day before. Anyone who became a no show would pay for the full stay. They would then have to argue that out with the Club if they wanted any sort of refund. It would certainly discourage people from not showing up which might be the case if they only lost the deposit. The situation now is very different now from when the Club last took deposits. I also think that the Club will monitor deposit refunds as they will be easier to trace and I am sure if they notice some members with a high incidence of deposit refunds I am sure they will be having a word. 

David

Posted on 06/01/2022 20:27

I can't see that happening unless it is stated somewhere? If the rules states deposits are refundable if before 21 days then that is it, the club has to abide by that and any 'remedial' action could be taken unless stated. And have a word and say what? One or more refunds and... 

I guess we will have to see what is written in the T&C. 

JollyKernow replied on 06/01/2022 21:16

Posted on 06/01/2022 21:16

Evening

So, back in the day the club took I think a fiver deposit and gained lots of fivers due to people not bothering to cancel.  We now move forward to the digital age. There's been mention of not bothering to cancel within the planned 21 days. That's all good if you can afford to lose 20% of your booking, fair play to the well heeled vanner of the 2020's. But do people think that behaviour won't be monitored? Someone above mentioned costs of software etc, I'm sure there maybe something in place in that expensive software to address those inconsiderate few. surprisedwink. Just saying.

JK 

Cornersteady replied on 06/01/2022 21:36

Posted on 06/01/2022 21:16 by JollyKernow

Evening

So, back in the day the club took I think a fiver deposit and gained lots of fivers due to people not bothering to cancel.  We now move forward to the digital age. There's been mention of not bothering to cancel within the planned 21 days. That's all good if you can afford to lose 20% of your booking, fair play to the well heeled vanner of the 2020's. But do people think that behaviour won't be monitored? Someone above mentioned costs of software etc, I'm sure there maybe something in place in that expensive software to address those inconsiderate few. surprisedwink. Just saying.

JK 

Posted on 06/01/2022 21:36

I'm nor saying there shouldn't be any monitored, far from it,  but surely it would have to be stated somewhere that three. four... whatever refunds in whatever order will trigger a 'word'?

20% might come to a lot for two weeks but for a weekend a max of £25 (wasn't it?) for perhaps a weekend isn't really that much to lose? (Obviously I'm too well heeledsmile)

DavidKlyne replied on 06/01/2022 22:13

Posted on 06/01/2022 21:36 by Cornersteady

I'm nor saying there shouldn't be any monitored, far from it,  but surely it would have to be stated somewhere that three. four... whatever refunds in whatever order will trigger a 'word'?

20% might come to a lot for two weeks but for a weekend a max of £25 (wasn't it?) for perhaps a weekend isn't really that much to lose? (Obviously I'm too well heeledsmile)

Posted on 06/01/2022 22:13

I think there is a difference between monitoring and actual T&C's. The process might be that the Club monitor the numbers and then adjust  T&C's to help mitigate misuse? Having said that I would have thought it perfectly reasonable to contact those with high cancellation rates (assuming there are people that do) even if it was just to ask why. I can't imagine what will be introduced in April (?) will be the final form as it will no doubt be adjusted, or in Club speak, "improved" as we move forward.

David

young thomas replied on 07/01/2022 08:52

Posted on 07/01/2022 08:52

Systems certainly evolve...whether the changes are improvements or not is often debatable...how many times do Apple move the toolbar or other icons?

however, even many years ago it wasn't too difficult to get reports (daily/weekly) about all sorts of activity by customers (what they ordered, what day of the week, what they sent back, what reasons etc...)

with todays interactive 'reporting', interrogating the database for something simple like breaching a cancellation threashold is straightforward enough and something that 'management' would get as part of their daily (perhaps weekly) 'pack'.

when folk book, by month/week or in relation to arrival date, similarly when they cancel with what level of notice. This will feed into what geographical area (weather) or what specific sites (in relation to available pitch types there) or whether customers rarely cancel HS/SP and the majority cancel grass etc, etc.

all this and much more will be at the sites teams fingertips, so monitoring is easy.

it's what happens (actions) as a result of this plethora of info that we don't yet know.

JollyKernow replied on 07/01/2022 09:31

Posted on 07/01/2022 09:31

Morning

Your last sentence BB is what I was alluding to. Someone upthread mentioned about not bothering to cancel at all within 21 days. I understand that but to me that's not in the spirit of the club and I personally hope that that selfish behaviour gets suitably addressed moving forward.

JK

Takethedogalong replied on 07/01/2022 09:32

Posted on 07/01/2022 09:32

The cancellation system has already been tweaked. I cancelled a Site last week and there’s already a much longer list of “reasons for cancellation” than I have ever seen before. Didn’t entirely cover our reason for cancelling, but you choose the most appropriate. I presume at some point, when the Club thinks it best, they will decide which reasons will trigger a deposit refund (inside the 21 days) and which won’t. 

Takethedogalong replied on 07/01/2022 09:44

Posted on 07/01/2022 09:31 by JollyKernow

Morning

Your last sentence BB is what I was alluding to. Someone upthread mentioned about not bothering to cancel at all within 21 days. I understand that but to me that's not in the spirit of the club and I personally hope that that selfish behaviour gets suitably addressed moving forward.

JK

Posted on 07/01/2022 09:44

I fully agree. There’s bound to be a “rogue” element out there, there always is where any kind of effort and thought for others is concerned, and the only way of seriously tackling it is to be consistently firm.
The Club could drive the point home another way and actually give out monthly figures of “no shows”, (much like Doctor’s surgeries do) to keep Members aware that they are monitoring. It would nip in the bud all the speculation about “no shows” as well. Nothing personal, just a figure. If it was me in charge, I would include a figure for those whose Membership has been frozen/cancelled as well. Those who follow rules, abide by terms and conditions, like to know that those who don’t aren’t getting away with it. Again, just a number. If you are monitoring something, you might as well make the numbers work for you.

JVB66 replied on 07/01/2022 11:36

Posted on 07/01/2022 11:36

In a conversation I have just had it is though that there is to be more slippage with introduction of the system,? It seems there are several points as some have posted , that had not been thought  throughsurprised

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook