New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Tinwheeler replied on 25/04/2023 19:39

Posted on 25/04/2023 19:22 by MartynandKym
Content has been removed.

Posted on 25/04/2023 19:39

If those sites were in the same town then, yes, you might well have a point.

Can you explain, please, your comment "ditto" in response to my post pointing you towards the other thread (this thread is, after all, about the booking system rather than prices) and your comment "It seems the contribution from members on here hasn't changed...." as I'm at a loss to understand your meaning.🤔

JollyKernow replied on 25/04/2023 20:40

Posted on 25/04/2023 19:39 by Tinwheeler

If those sites were in the same town then, yes, you might well have a point.

Can you explain, please, your comment "ditto" in response to my post pointing you towards the other thread (this thread is, after all, about the booking system rather than prices) and your comment "It seems the contribution from members on here hasn't changed...." as I'm at a loss to understand your meaning.🤔

Posted on 25/04/2023 20:40

I was going to quote that in August I want to be in Newquay. I've booked at a club site £55 a night site in Newquay for 2 nights and the following 3 at a £20 cl site in Truro because that was the nearest I could get. Disparity?

I think the last sentence TW is a dig at regular contributors maybe?

JK

Tinwheeler replied on 25/04/2023 20:48

Posted on 25/04/2023 20:40 by JollyKernow

I was going to quote that in August I want to be in Newquay. I've booked at a club site £55 a night site in Newquay for 2 nights and the following 3 at a £20 cl site in Truro because that was the nearest I could get. Disparity?

I think the last sentence TW is a dig at regular contributors maybe?

JK

Posted on 25/04/2023 20:48

Nah, exactly the same thing🤣🤣🤣

It's intriguing because without regular posters CT would by tumbleweed town. We need more posters, not put downs. Still, the explanation might be completely different 🤷🏻‍♂️

SteveL replied on 11/05/2023 07:30

Posted on 11/05/2023 07:30

It seems at long last they have sorted dates of birth on UK bookings. They are no longer required. A triumph for common sense. Very poor that it took 8 months to achieve however.

Cornersteady replied on 11/05/2023 21:04

Posted on 11/05/2023 07:30 by SteveL

It seems at long last they have sorted dates of birth on UK bookings. They are no longer required. A triumph for common sense. Very poor that it took 8 months to achieve however.

Posted on 11/05/2023 21:04

Oh Yes!

Actually I booked a site this afternoon and it was only when reading your post that I realised it had gone. And yes I can't think why it took so long?

rayjsj replied on 22/05/2023 16:54

Posted on 22/05/2023 16:54

Well the proof of this new system is in the level of occupancy ?  And many sites are terribly low even for high Summer  IT AINT WORKING.  Closed toilet blocks in Summer  (New England Bay) I have never heard of such a thing !  CHAPEL LANE was the same, saving money ????? For whom ?  We are a Club  Not a 'Holiday Business'  they are Wardens Not Managers and we are club Members NOT just Customers!   Please step back into the real World of the Caravan and Motorhome CLUB.

Flutel replied on 20/07/2023 17:26

Posted on 20/07/2023 17:26

I received really poor customer service at my last site visit, which included threats made by wardens, over a confusion and poor communication (not of my making). Therefore, I need to write a review. I go to the site, see the last review of the site happened in May of this year - but there is no write a review button on the page. That seems mighty convenient (for the CC).

Tinwheeler replied on 20/07/2023 17:49

Posted on 20/07/2023 17:26 by Flutel

I received really poor customer service at my last site visit, which included threats made by wardens, over a confusion and poor communication (not of my making). Therefore, I need to write a review. I go to the site, see the last review of the site happened in May of this year - but there is no write a review button on the page. That seems mighty convenient (for the CC).

Posted on 20/07/2023 17:49

I think the facility to write reviews is still there but yours would likely be Deleted User if you wrote what you said above as it wouldn’t technically be a review of the site itself. Check out the Community Guidelines - the bit about writing reviews is near the end. Instead, contact the club directly and complain loud and long.

eurortraveller replied on 20/07/2023 17:57

Posted on 20/07/2023 17:57

Flutel,  To write review . Log in first.

Google CAMC + name of Campsite to get website  for that campsite.

Underneath first review click or touch words Read more reviews.

On next page at top right is the facility to give grades then write new review

i agree it takes some finding.

JollyKernow replied on 20/07/2023 20:08

Posted on 20/07/2023 20:08

As has been previously mentioned, a "review" is a review of the site. You mention you received poor customer service so relating that on the review pages will get it Deleted User. There are and always have been systems in place if you have a complaint. You say you were threatened by the site staff. That is a serious accusation which should be addressed by the appropriate people, not via a rant on social media. That might get you some support from other social media users (which won't be acted on). If you email enquiries@camc.com and title the email "Complaint (Site name)" it will be sent to the relevant people. 

I hope this is of help.

JK

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook