New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

jpt853 replied on 24/07/2023 10:41

Posted on 24/07/2023 10:41

It appears the wardens don't seem to know how the booking system works. We stayed at a site recently. The day before arrival we were told that there would be no wardens onsite the next day so we should pitch up and instructions would be left in an envelope for us (fine it is a very small site).

The morning after pitching up the warden knocked on our door telling us that we would have to come up and pay the balance, she did it very aggressively. I told her nicely that the money had been deducted automatically before arrival and that I had the email. She said the booking system was a mess and that I was wrong. Ok that is fine I will come and pay but I had to come later because they were going out :-(.

Anyway I eventually caught up with the warden after spending an hour of my morning checking emails and bank records to prove that I had paid only for her to say 'yes you were right I checked but i didn't want to come and disturb you'!

JollyKernow replied on 24/07/2023 11:04

Posted on 24/07/2023 10:41 by jpt853

It appears the wardens don't seem to know how the booking system works. We stayed at a site recently. The day before arrival we were told that there would be no wardens onsite the next day so we should pitch up and instructions would be left in an envelope for us (fine it is a very small site).

The morning after pitching up the warden knocked on our door telling us that we would have to come up and pay the balance, she did it very aggressively. I told her nicely that the money had been deducted automatically before arrival and that I had the email. She said the booking system was a mess and that I was wrong. Ok that is fine I will come and pay but I had to come later because they were going out :-(.

Anyway I eventually caught up with the warden after spending an hour of my morning checking emails and bank records to prove that I had paid only for her to say 'yes you were right I checked but i didn't want to come and disturb you'!

Posted on 24/07/2023 11:04

Just interested, when you eventually caught up with the warden did you report that you'd seen the use of cannabis and people urinating outside their vans on site? I'd certainly like to know about those events. 

It would be good for EGH to know where these staff are so some help/ support and possibly further training could be offered.

JK

jpt853 replied on 24/07/2023 11:37

Posted on 24/07/2023 11:37

The warden who wanted extra money was not on a site where the issues were.

The first one was Strathclyde, I walked to the wardens area at about 11.30pm to raise an issue about the noise, drugs and urinating but forgot to take my phone and there was a note with a mobile number. It was quite a long walk and my wife said forget it when I got back to the van. I was actually torn. The move to single couple wardens puts a lot of strain on them covering from 9am to 8pm alone but then when they are not visible onsite so people take advantage.

The second was Dunnet Bay, again no real visibility of wardens. It feels like they have been told to relax the rules. One time it was a lovely evening and two blokes were playing load 90's dance music. People were closing their caravan doors and windows so I told the people involved to turn down their music. I had almost shout for them to hear me, they turned it down but it then continued to go up a notch every half hour afterwards. The same people were going out of their van to urinate, nice. Again apathy takes over if the wardens do not want to check on the site why would they want to hear about problems.

The third issue was again Dunnet where French boys were weeing whilst their parents were sat there

SteveL replied on 24/07/2023 12:08

Posted on 24/07/2023 12:08

I am afraid I find that hard to believe, it would take me 60 seconds to do the same. I always check before we arrive at either CAMC or C&CC, where we opt to have the money taken the day before arrival. Even having to get a lap top going wouldn’t take much longer.

jpt853 replied on 24/07/2023 12:15

Posted on 24/07/2023 12:15

Genuinely took that time to work out. 4 site trip booked months ago at 20% deposit but then realised that even though they were booked altogether £25 was taken for the shorter stops rather than 20%. Confused because the deposit is now £20. I had the emails my wife has the banking. It took a while to decipher. The warden was asking for a very specific amount of money that was actually incorrect.

You are clearly an amazing human being and I need lessons

Tinwheeler replied on 24/07/2023 12:17

Posted on 24/07/2023 12:17

Jpt, did you bring these issues to the attention of the wardens, albeit after the events? If not, they couldn’t possibly do anything about it. Alternatively, have you made a complaint to CAMC so the events can be investigated?

Tinwheeler replied on 24/07/2023 12:19

Posted on 24/07/2023 12:15 by jpt853

Genuinely took that time to work out. 4 sites booked months ago at 20% deposit but then realised that even though they were booked altogether £25 was taken for the shorter stops rather 20%. Confused because the deposit is now £20. I had the emails my wife has the banking. It took a while to decipher. The warden was asking for a very specific amount of money that was actually incorrect.

Posted on 24/07/2023 12:19

It’s much simpler to find items if you move site booking mails into a separate folder.

jpt853 replied on 24/07/2023 12:23

Posted on 24/07/2023 12:23

As said on the other thread this is my last time staying at club sites after 15 years of being very happy so i won't need to save emails. I am all in favour of deposits but other issues are the problem and this is getting OT.

I am in a separate discussion with CAMC by email, they never answer your email properly even after the standard three days wait so you reply and they get back again another three days later. It can take two weeks to resolve an issue with them. What is the point?

SteveL replied on 24/07/2023 12:32

Posted on 24/07/2023 12:15 by jpt853

Genuinely took that time to work out. 4 site trip booked months ago at 20% deposit but then realised that even though they were booked altogether £25 was taken for the shorter stops rather than 20%. Confused because the deposit is now £20. I had the emails my wife has the banking. It took a while to decipher. The warden was asking for a very specific amount of money that was actually incorrect.

Posted on 24/07/2023 12:32

I must admit, I have never done any multi bookings. I much prefer to have everything separate, even if sites are consecutive. However, I assume even with a multi booking you get an email telling you the total paid before you arrive. Ours came about 2am on the morning of arrival.

Not amazing unfortunately 😂 both are accessible on the same phone and using finger print recognition it is very quick to get into both emails and banking. When we arrived at Seacroft the booking system was in tatters then, we hadn’t received an email and there was nothing on banking. Although in that case the wardens new we hadn’t paid and I agreed.

jpt853 replied on 24/07/2023 13:11

Posted on 24/07/2023 13:11

I must admit, I have never done any multi bookings. I much prefer to have everything separate, even if sites are consecutive. However, I assume even with a multi booking you get an email telling you the total paid before you arrive. Ours came about 2am on the morning of arrival.

I had the email but the warden told me that it was wrong so I had to go back to the start to trace all moneys vs. booking to prove it was right. complication with website saying £20 booking vs. it being £25 at the time and the warden quoting a completely different number to the actual balance paid really didn't help. Also had to balance up being part way through the holiday.

Apologies for being spikey in original reply and thanks for taking it well but there is not always a straightforward scenario

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook