New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Takethedogalong replied on 17/04/2023 16:04

Posted on 17/04/2023 12:36 by Rob2CathDavies

Thanks Brue

I think I might have found what I was doing wrong.  When you get to the page asking you to checkout, if you ignore all the amounts, card details etc., I think if I had just pressed Proceed that might have done it.  I thought that you had to complete all the payment fields.  Just ‘update basket’ didn’t carry out the amendment.

By golly it’s not as user friendly as the old system, is it.

I’m an ex-warden with strong loyalties towards the club, but now can find no advantage in using Club Sites rather than commercial sites, since the ‘no deposit, flexible cancellations’ USP has gone.  Very sad, and it didn’t need to happen, the Club was making a healthy surplus 2022 (obvs not Covid years) with the old system.

As I have said before, if there were a handful of empty pitches due to late cancellations, what is the big deal?  A pitch for someone arriving without a booking, and a choice of a few pitches for the last booked arrival!  

Posted on 17/04/2023 16:04

I think you mirror the thoughts  of many R2C, it’s very sad things have gone the way they have. The ethos and business plan are totally different now👍

SteveL replied on 19/04/2023 08:24

Posted on 19/04/2023 08:24

The improvements list has been added to. They are stating that the map view now only shows a 25 mile radius around your search point. On my iPad at least it seems a bit variable. Some searches return about a 25 mile radius, some well over 100 miles.

Unfortunately the additional DOB for family members still resides on the to do pile.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 19/04/2023 09:00

Posted on 19/04/2023 08:24 by SteveL

The improvements list has been added to. They are stating that the map view now only shows a 25 mile radius around your search point. On my iPad at least it seems a bit variable. Some searches return about a 25 mile radius, some well over 100 miles.

Unfortunately the additional DOB for family members still resides on the to do pile.

Posted on 19/04/2023 09:00

The new/old system is now out of warrantee & is degrading. Answer-CAMC need to buy a new one so we can-‘start all over again’ 🎵 🎶.

huskydog replied on 19/04/2023 10:08

Posted on 19/04/2023 10:08

I have made several bookings and a couple of amendments with this “new system “ , all straight forward, so we have two options, 1, throw our toys out the pram , or, 2 , get on with the system we have,  and enjoy our time away , I’m the second option cool

MartynandKym replied on 25/04/2023 12:19

Posted on 25/04/2023 12:19

So the time has come to compare costs between this club and the other club.  

I recently looked at staying at Cherry Hinton in June.  For a single guy in a motorhome it costs up to £30.30 a night, but as the new pricing system is variable dependent on when you book the actual cost per day will vary up until the time of booking. 

The site is full for three of the days I wanted to stay, however based on the current day rate costs, if the site had availability for the 20 day duration of my planned stay it would have cost me £556.90 for 20 days. An average of £27.84 per night.

I have compared this to Hertford from the other club, I know its not as close to Cambridge but its only 40 mins up the road. The total cost for the same 20 day period at Hertford is £324.80! An average daily rate of £16.24. 

Okay, so I accept I get a senior persons discount of 25% at the other club, as I am officially an OAP so why would I want to pay 70% more per night to stay at Cherry Hinton when I can stay in Hertford and save myself £150.90?  

I also accept Hertford isn't Cambridge, but Cherry Hinton isn't in the centre of town so you'll still need to drive or get a bus to the city centre.  Needless to say I have made my decision and have booked with the CCC. It's a bit of a no brainer really.

eurortraveller replied on 25/04/2023 12:53

Posted on 25/04/2023 12:19 by MartynandKym

So the time has come to compare costs between this club and the other club.  

I recently looked at staying at Cherry Hinton in June.  For a single guy in a motorhome it costs up to £30.30 a night, but as the new pricing system is variable dependent on when you book the actual cost per day will vary up until the time of booking. 

The site is full for three of the days I wanted to stay, however based on the current day rate costs, if the site had availability for the 20 day duration of my planned stay it would have cost me £556.90 for 20 days. An average of £27.84 per night.

I have compared this to Hertford from the other club, I know its not as close to Cambridge but its only 40 mins up the road. The total cost for the same 20 day period at Hertford is £324.80! An average daily rate of £16.24. 

Okay, so I accept I get a senior persons discount of 25% at the other club, as I am officially an OAP so why would I want to pay 70% more per night to stay at Cherry Hinton when I can stay in Hertford and save myself £150.90?  

I also accept Hertford isn't Cambridge, but Cherry Hinton isn't in the centre of town so you'll still need to drive or get a bus to the city centre.  Needless to say I have made my decision and have booked with the CCC. It's a bit of a no brainer really.

Posted on 25/04/2023 12:53

There are about 50 sites closer to Cambridge than Hertford is - but if you want to drive 70 miles to Cambridge and back every day from Hertford then that’s fine by me. Thanks for telling us.

MartynandKym replied on 25/04/2023 19:18

Posted on 25/04/2023 13:02 by Tinwheeler

M&K, your points have been discussed in this thread -

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/sites-touring/uk-sites-touring/cost-of-sites-has-gone-mad/

It’s all there, including how pointless it is to compare dissimilar sites and the cost of extra fuel needed to drive to where you want to be. It’s all covered👍🏻

Posted on 25/04/2023 19:18

Ditto...🙄

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook