New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 31/03/2023 11:57

Posted on 31/03/2023 10:19 by EmilysDad

The trouble with that is you're then inundated with mailshots trying to sell you something  ... you then have unsubscribe

Posted on 31/03/2023 11:57

Unless you like mail shots👍🏻. Blacks sale-Merrell hikers, was £160 down to £90, Bosh in like Flynn👏🏻👏🏻. 24hrs later I’m wearing them. Yup digital receipts have a place in(my) life.

Steve and Lynette replied on 10/04/2023 11:51

Posted on 10/04/2023 11:51

I just booked 4 nights for our first trip of the year and using the new booking system.  So far it seemed to work fine and I received the confirmation by email.  So fingers crossed that the system has us and all we now need to do is pay the balance on arrival.

For us, with unpredictable demands from aging parents, I still think it's a real shame the club introduced the deposit system and it will make us far more likely to look beyond club sites when making our last minute bookings.  But so far the booking system itself seemed to work.

TonyIshUK replied on 16/04/2023 07:14

Posted on 16/04/2023 07:14

Lucky you !

Late to the party on this and gave up the will to reading all the comments!

On my desktop we managed to book after several attempts (Mac/ Safari)

No hope at all using an IPad & Safari brought to use while travelling !

Just don’t understand why something as simple as setting up a web booking site can be handled so badly on a number of levels.

My concern is that the site is so bad that it will be easily hacked and a lot of personal information skimmed.

rgds

SteveL replied on 16/04/2023 07:56

Posted on 16/04/2023 07:56

No hope at all using an IPad & Safari brought to use while travelling !

How old is the iPad? Whilst my very old one, which is stuck on iOS 10 can’t handle it. The newer version, now in its third year handles it OK.  It is very memory and processor hungry. So perhaps don’t expect the maps to be as fast on the pad as the Mac.

As you have to input DOB’s for additional people every time, there doesn’t seem to be any more information held than previously. Credit card transactions are processed through a secure third party site. To me there doesn’t seem to be any more risk to my data than there has been since they started online bookings.

TonyIshUK replied on 16/04/2023 21:20

Posted on 16/04/2023 21:20

Ipad is a mini running iOS 16.4. about 2 years old.

Part of the problem is the screen is small and the graphic layout tends to get crowded, so the information  becomes a challenge with hidden input confirmation.

Not sure if it’s a common problem but the web page updates tend not infrequently hang, stall or just drop out. 

The web speeds are ok at 32 down and 14 uploads mbps, so it’s either a routing or server response problem.

That above apart,  the mini is a useful bit of kit.  I am hesitant that using a phone hotspot whilst touring will work.  Previous years I have had no problems with booking etc using the mini.

Rgds

TonyIshUK replied on 16/04/2023 21:30

Posted on 16/04/2023 21:30

Another strange but true item whilst searching for sites and CL sites in West Sussex showed 192 locations covering Hampshire, Kent and a good few north of London.

Rgds

Edit. A further scroll through that  list  came up a couple in Yorkshire !?

Rob2CathDavies replied on 17/04/2023 12:03

Posted on 17/04/2023 12:03

Amending a booking for the first time with the new system.

I have just tried to use the website shorten a booking in June by one day, but couldn’t find a way to do it without paying the balance.  I prefer to pay on arrival.  I have paid a deposit when I made the booking.

I phoned The Club booking line to do the amendment  The gentleman who answered was unable to tell me what I was doing wrong.  He said he couldn’t explain it.

i asked if this means that I might need to telephone to make future amendments instead of using the website and was told ‘possibly’.

After all these months, I can’t believe that this can happen!  Has anyone else any experience of amending a booking without paying the balance please?  Is it me?

brue replied on 17/04/2023 12:14

Posted on 17/04/2023 12:14

No it's not you, due to deposits amending a booking appears to be a task worthy of an award ceremony...I could only find this

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/faqs/?query=amending 

The web site is awash with instructions about what to do but it appears the only thing to do is to phone CAMC and hope they know what to do....wink

Rob2CathDavies replied on 17/04/2023 12:36

Posted on 17/04/2023 12:36

Thanks Brue

I think I might have found what I was doing wrong.  When you get to the page asking you to checkout, if you ignore all the amounts, card details etc., I think if I had just pressed Proceed that might have done it.  I thought that you had to complete all the payment fields.  Just ‘update basket’ didn’t carry out the amendment.

By golly it’s not as user friendly as the old system, is it.

I’m an ex-warden with strong loyalties towards the club, but now can find no advantage in using Club Sites rather than commercial sites, since the ‘no deposit, flexible cancellations’ USP has gone.  Very sad, and it didn’t need to happen, the Club was making a healthy surplus 2022 (obvs not Covid years) with the old system.

As I have said before, if there were a handful of empty pitches due to late cancellations, what is the big deal?  A pitch for someone arriving without a booking, and a choice of a few pitches for the last booked arrival!  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook