New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Tinwheeler replied on 28/03/2023 15:51

Posted on 28/03/2023 14:51 by skodaman

can anyone please answer the question that was asked ,if internet banking is so safe and easy why do banks spend thousands of pounds tellingyou how to keep your finances safe ,whilst also paying out as many thousands in compension to customer s that have lost money

also many people donot have a smart phone for many different reasons

Posted on 28/03/2023 15:51

Do you mean this question?

"as we do not use internet banking how can we check that we have not paid twice for the same booking ,our bank statements come at the end of each month so it could be 2/3 weeks before we find any errors in payments to the company [club] "

If so, ring your bank and ask or pop into your not-so-local branch and ask. Simples!

However, if you mean your question about security, it’s because they’re protecting us customers.

People who do not have smart phones (and they need not be expensive) miss out on so much. It’s a great shame.

DavidKlyne replied on 28/03/2023 15:59

can anyone please answer the question that was asked ,if internet banking is so safe and easy why do banks spend thousands of pounds tellingyou how to keep your finances safe ,whilst also paying out as many thousands in compension to customer s that have lost money

Posted on 28/03/2023 15:59

Often online financial fraud is far removed from normal everyday online banking. It usually comes about by specific situations which we should be educated to avoid. There are lots of checks and balances in the system. Almost all of the reported fraud comes about by people being scammed into making transactions they should not have touched with a bargepole. Usually involving people making so called investments which turn out to be scams. I would hazard a guess that you are more likely to lose money by bank and credit cards being stolen than using you online bank.  

Obviously it's up to the individual whether they have a Smartphone, all I would say is that since I have had one it's become an indispensable piece of personal equipment as its capable of doing so much be that telling me what the weather will be to ordering medication straight from the phone or even telling me when the next bus will arrive.

David

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 28/03/2023 16:00

Posted on 28/03/2023 16:00

It is down to non ‘safe aware’ folk allowing their B/accounts to be MT’d by scammers. The Banking industry have spent years & countless ££millions telling us-‘WE WILL NOT PHONE YOU RE YOUR ACCOUNT. Yet folk still give scammers professing to be bank staff their full account details over the phone. I get at least 1 contact per week offering to put money into my account that I have won, telling me I’ve had my account compromised, hackers are(right now) breaking into my account. . .Lies-all lies. All the time there are gullible people their will be scammers. If the online World frightens you-don’t use it, they can’t scam your online account if you ain’t onlinešŸ‘šŸ». I’ve had money reimbursed to my account due to no fault of my own theft. My issue was having food delivered from Asda(to scammer) using my card number. Not my fault=instant reimbursement.

Brallan replied on 29/03/2023 09:03

Posted on 24/03/2023 22:12 by Brallan

Just another brassed off member with this ā€œnew improvedā€ booking system. Arrived on site a couple of days ago on an old style booking from 7 months ago and paid our Ā£160 on arrival, just checked bank account on another matter and found that the club has taken a further nearly Ā£200 out the evening before arrival ā€œ as agreed,ā€ really! I donā€™t recall that on this old booking !  Now Iā€™ve the hassle of trying to sort this out on site as the club in a call to them  apparently canā€™t credit me the money back as itā€™s got to be done at the site office, donā€™t ask! Isnā€™t progress wonderful šŸ˜±

Posted on 29/03/2023 09:03

Apologies to all and the new improved system. It seems I had booked through the new method back in September so I can only put it down to an age thing that I had forgotten. When I arrived on site paid as normal unaware that automatic pay had kicked in and so in effect paid twice. After speaking with East Grinstead and a wonderful warden it was all sorted and a refund made to our account. Apologies again for misleading everyone who read my original post and I have set myself 100 lines, I must not cast aspiration before doing my homework, I must not……..

JollyKernow replied on 29/03/2023 09:28

Posted on 29/03/2023 09:03 by Brallan

Apologies to all and the new improved system. It seems I had booked through the new method back in September so I can only put it down to an age thing that I had forgotten. When I arrived on site paid as normal unaware that automatic pay had kicked in and so in effect paid twice. After speaking with East Grinstead and a wonderful warden it was all sorted and a refund made to our account. Apologies again for misleading everyone who read my original post and I have set myself 100 lines, I must not cast aspiration before doing my homework, I must notā€¦ā€¦..

Posted on 29/03/2023 09:28

Good to hear you got things sorted, but, the site staff should have seen that your fees had been taken, it takes a second to scroll to the bottom of your booking page to see the history for that booking. Autopay usually goes out around 2am on arrival day. I guess we all learn new things at different ratesundecided

JK

DavidKlyne replied on 29/03/2023 13:58

Posted on 29/03/2023 09:28 by JollyKernow

Good to hear you got things sorted, but, the site staff should have seen that your fees had been taken, it takes a second to scroll to the bottom of your booking page to see the history for that booking. Autopay usually goes out around 2am on arrival day. I guess we all learn new things at different ratesundecided

JK

Posted on 29/03/2023 13:58

JK

Assuming people have their banking and credit cards apps on their phones they should be able to see pending transactions as well which would confirm if a transaction has gone through. Within the last 2 hours I have made two transactions on two different cards and when I have just checked they both show as pending transactions. I don't wish to start another debate on the pros and cons of smartphones but it does illustrate their usefulness. If the site staff had missed the payment by as you say not scrolling to the bottom it would be a useful aide memoire for the member to just say it shows as a pending transaction? Just out of interest could you put a guess on the percentage of people that pay before arrival compared to those that pay on arrival?

David

brue replied on 29/03/2023 17:41

Posted on 29/03/2023 09:28 by JollyKernow

JK

Posted on 29/03/2023 17:41

Because I'd read on here that others like me had received mixed messages about payments on CAMC correspondence I hung back doing anything about my final payment on a recent stay. There were 3 scenarios 

1. I could pay the balance on line
  2. Camc would take the final balance before arrival
  3. I could pay the balance in the site office

CAMC didn't take the final balance before arrival. My card number had changed recently and it was unlikely to work. I also didn't risk paying in advance with my new card in case a double payment occurred. I paid the balance in the site office.

It looks like everyone should check carefully, firstly all their booking correspondence and at point of sale. Thanks JK for your input as it's also a reminder to check things too. 

brue replied on 29/03/2023 17:44

Posted on 29/03/2023 17:44

PS as I was only able to check that the balance hadn't been taken in advance because of my smart phone.

JollyKernow replied on 29/03/2023 19:46

Posted on 29/03/2023 13:58 by DavidKlyne

JK

Assuming people have their banking and credit cards apps on their phones they should be able to see pending transactions as well which would confirm if a transaction has gone through. Within the last 2 hours I have made two transactions on two different cards and when I have just checked they both show as pending transactions. I don't wish to start another debate on the pros and cons of smartphones but it does illustrate their usefulness. If the site staff had missed the payment by as you say not scrolling to the bottom it would be a useful aide memoire for the member to just say it shows as a pending transaction? Just out of interest could you put a guess on the percentage of people that pay before arrival compared to those that pay on arrival?

David

Posted on 29/03/2023 19:46

So, from what I can gather (note that's not an official termsurprised) about 75% of bookings are paid before arrival and speaking to the arrivals on the 2 weeks we worked at Minehead, everyone except 2 were more than happy with it that way.

Mistakes are easy to make, once when we were at Godrevy I was on reception and charged someone £2400 instead of £240! It wasn't until we cashed up and I had that "Christ we've made a shedload today" I realised my mistake. The member was duly contacted the next morning for a refundlaughing

JK

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook