New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

brue replied on 24/03/2023 15:43

Posted on 24/03/2023 15:43

There are comments from CAMC staff in response to Trust Pilot reviews concerning payment difficulties. They are aware of a problem but it's disappointing to hear. Our balance payment for a recent site didn't go through (the deposit went through earlier) but the automatic balance payment didn't work. I had noted that on my booking and on the email confirmation the payments were different, one said payment before arrival and the other said payment on the day! Others have mentioned this. 

People need to be aware that the payments system is not fully functioning and CAMC should perhaps notify all members.

Brallan replied on 24/03/2023 22:12

Posted on 24/03/2023 22:12

Just another brassed off member with this “new improved” booking system. Arrived on site a couple of days ago on an old style booking from 7 months ago and paid our £160 on arrival, just checked bank account on another matter and found that the club has taken a further nearly £200 out the evening before arrival “ as agreed,” really! I don’t recall that on this old booking !  Now I’ve the hassle of trying to sort this out on site as the club in a call to them  apparently can’t credit me the money back as it’s got to be done at the site office, don’t ask! Isn’t progress wonderful šŸ˜±

JollyKernow replied on 25/03/2023 07:14

Posted on 24/03/2023 22:12 by Brallan

Just another brassed off member with this ā€œnew improvedā€ booking system. Arrived on site a couple of days ago on an old style booking from 7 months ago and paid our Ā£160 on arrival, just checked bank account on another matter and found that the club has taken a further nearly Ā£200 out the evening before arrival ā€œ as agreed,ā€ really! I donā€™t recall that on this old booking !  Now Iā€™ve the hassle of trying to sort this out on site as the club in a call to them  apparently canā€™t credit me the money back as itā€™s got to be done at the site office, donā€™t ask! Isnā€™t progress wonderful šŸ˜±

Posted on 25/03/2023 07:14

Not sure how that happened on an old system booking. The prepayment thing isn't linked to them. But anyway, the training we had for the financial side is the site can only refund on the card machine if they took the payment on it in the first place.

I'd be interested to know the outcome of this.

JK

Yetiowner replied on 27/03/2023 19:30

Posted on 27/03/2023 19:30

I have just tried to amend a booking for August, so that we could go to another CAMC site. Tried to charge me £25 for the privilege. Ended up phoning.. waiting to be connected etc. I don’t like the ‘improvements’. When I look at My Bookings, I have to go to another page to find the details. We have been members for many years. I am beginning to prefer private sites and CLs.

skodaman replied on 28/03/2023 09:40

Posted on 28/03/2023 09:40

as we do not use internet banking how can we check that we have not paid twice for the same booking ,our bank statements come at the end of each month so it could be 2/3 weeks before we find any errors in payments  to the  company [club] 

SteveL replied on 28/03/2023 09:51

Posted on 28/03/2023 09:40 by skodaman

as we do not use internet banking how can we check that we have not paid twice for the same booking ,our bank statements come at the end of each month so it could be 2/3 weeks before we find any errors in payments  to the  company [club] 

Posted on 28/03/2023 09:51

Do banks still operate the phone banking. I used to be able to phone and check balance and last few transactions, read out by an automated voice. Otherwise I would seriously suggest getting internet banking. It is secure and if you have a smart phone with finger print or face recognition takes seconds to do, with no passwords to put in. A laptop is a little more fiddly and you would want a secure WiFi connection, not the CC’s.

eurortraveller replied on 28/03/2023 10:41

Posted on 27/03/2023 19:30 by Yetiowner

I have just tried to amend a booking for August, so that we could go to another CAMC site. Tried to charge me Ā£25 for the privilege. Ended up phoning.. waiting to be connected etc. I donā€™t like the ā€˜improvementsā€™. When I look at My Bookings, I have to go to another page to find the details. We have been members for many years. I am beginning to prefer private sites and CLs.

Posted on 28/03/2023 10:41

There was no no need to phone. All you needed do was cancel the first booking, reclaim the deposit you paid, and make a fresh booking for the site you really want. It’s very simple - and far more generous on refunds than most private sites offer.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 28/03/2023 10:43

Posted on 28/03/2023 09:51 by SteveL

Do banks still operate the phone banking. I used to be able to phone and check balance and last few transactions, read out by an automated voice. Otherwise I would seriously suggest getting internet banking. It is secure and if you have a smart phone with finger print or face recognition takes seconds to do, with no passwords to put in. A laptop is a little more fiddly and you would want a secure WiFi connection, not the CCā€™s.

Posted on 28/03/2023 10:43

+1šŸ‘šŸ». I’d not have it any other way. Fingerprint & entry code is almost infallible followed by Banking code sent to phone before transaction is completed. Any scammer who can pass these firewalls are not looking for small fry like me. Internet banking is liberating.

DavidKlyne replied on 28/03/2023 11:33

Posted on 28/03/2023 09:40 by skodaman

Posted on 28/03/2023 11:33

According to statistica 92% of people in the UK used some form of internet banking in 2022. Even taking those figures with a pinch of salt it would seem, if Club members are representative of the general public, that a high proportion of members would find it easy to track any banking transactions online? Most banks and credit card companies have Apps for Smartphones where it is easy to check things with a few keystrokes. 

David

Takethedogalong replied on 28/03/2023 12:03

Posted on 28/03/2023 10:43 by Rocky 2 buckets

+1šŸ‘šŸ». Iā€™d not have it any other way. Fingerprint & entry code is almost infallible followed by Banking code sent to phone before transaction is completed. Any scammer who can pass these firewalls are not looking for small fry like me. Internet banking is liberating.

Posted on 28/03/2023 12:03

Can’t agree more. I am very impressed with our Bank and how online banking and the security works. It was easy to set up, easy to make any changes, and instantly flags up any issues that might be of concern. I quite frequently make purchases from overseas, including China, USA, and even Russia in the past. Touching wood, never had anything untoward. Each transaction like this requires extra security hoops to jump through, which is good as far as I am concerned. 

Even if all you want to do is monitor bank statements online, it’s well worth setting up, and is so much easier to see exactly what is happening without delays. 

Good point from Steve, never use an unsecured network for bankingšŸ‘

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook