New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

cyberyacht replied on 12/03/2023 07:55

Posted on 12/03/2023 07:55

It would be better if we got a decent professional team to do the IT. I get the impression that this tweaked 'bolt on' system from somewhere else smacks of 'doing it on the cheap'.

LorraineD replied on 12/03/2023 10:44

Posted on 11/03/2023 10:34 by jenniebennie

Just tried to extent a March booking. First thing, original booking (old system) is for 11 nights, but system says 10, but the dates quoted do add up to 12 (i.e. 11 night stay). Impossible to extend without payimg a deposit. Why? This is AN OLD SYSTEM BOOKING, i.e. before the disastrous idea to charge deposits. Also, is it really fair to increase the price by £11.70 per night just because it is approaching Easter? As someone else has said, no help available at weekends so Monday I will try to get someone to make the amendment for me.

frown

Posted on 12/03/2023 10:44

I've changed an old system booking without having to pay a deposit and yes, my number of nights compared to dates was incorrect too.

You do have to click the 'deposit' tab rather than full payment so I thought I was going to get charged, but it comes through as a £0.00 payment.

Carol58 replied on 15/03/2023 20:34

Posted on 15/03/2023 20:34

We are booked in a site from tomorrow and the final payment isn't very clear.  On the email it says it will be taken from my card the night before as per my instruction which I think I ticked when booking but on the website it says pay on arrival, I haven't received any email to say payment has been taken and it isn't showing on my card so I guess I will just pay tomorrow on arrival.  Are people having payments taken from their cards automatically the night before? 

JollyKernow replied on 15/03/2023 21:13

Posted on 15/03/2023 20:34 by Carol58

We are booked in a site from tomorrow and the final payment isn't very clear.  On the email it says it will be taken from my card the night before as per my instruction which I think I ticked when booking but on the website it says pay on arrival, I haven't received any email to say payment has been taken and it isn't showing on my card so I guess I will just pay tomorrow on arrival.  Are people having payments taken from their cards automatically the night before? 

Posted on 15/03/2023 21:13

Hi

Not sure of the details but when you get to the payment page where you have the drop down bit to pay a deposit or the whole lot there's a tick box that's already ticked that says you'll pay before arrival. Unless you untick that box, payment will automatically be taken on arrival day, usually around 2.00 am. When you arrive on site to book in your booking page will clearly tell us whether you've paid or not. Hope this is of help.

JK

Carol58 replied on 15/03/2023 21:35

Posted on 15/03/2023 21:13 by JollyKernow

Hi

Not sure of the details but when you get to the payment page where you have the drop down bit to pay a deposit or the whole lot there's a tick box that's already ticked that says you'll pay before arrival. Unless you untick that box, payment will automatically be taken on arrival day, usually around 2.00 am. When you arrive on site to book in your booking page will clearly tell us whether you've paid or not. Hope this is of help.

JK

Posted on 15/03/2023 21:35

Thanks, I would have chosen the payment taken, I am probably looking too early for the payment if its around 2am so will look tomorrow.  it's the first time we have been using the new booking system so wasn't sure about the payments 

SteveL replied on 16/03/2023 15:52

Posted on 16/03/2023 15:52

Our email re-payment was timed at 02:31 on the morning of arrival and my online banking showed the credit card charge when I checked first thing.

The email however could be much better structured. It is titled your holiday confirmation, then there is a whole page about introduction of deposits, canceling within 21 days etc, before you get to a downloadable pdf right at the bottom. Entitled your adventure begins. The only information that gives you on what you have paid is the total price, no mention about deposit and final payment, you have to check your banking App to check what they have taken.

In summary the system works OK but information could be made a lot clearer.

MustangPete replied on 20/03/2023 16:20

Posted on 20/03/2023 16:20

What a shambles.!! .spent an hour trying to make a booking and view dates and gave up in the end so frustrated..!

PLEASE JUST REVERT TO THE OLD SYSTEM AND LISTEN TO YOUR ACTUAL CLUB MEMBERS

Why change it

Yours.. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED Pete

eurortraveller replied on 20/03/2023 19:18

Posted on 20/03/2023 16:20 by MustangPete

What a shambles.!! .spent an hour trying to make a booking and view dates and gave up in the end so frustrated..!

PLEASE JUST REVERT TO THE OLD SYSTEM AND LISTEN TO YOUR ACTUAL CLUB MEMBERS

Why change it

Yours.. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED Pete

Posted on 20/03/2023 19:18

MangoPete,  I am sorry to read your problem. If you would like to say which site you are trying to book and which dates I will look up availability there for you this evening. . If the dates are clear then you can go ahead and learn how to make the booking. I hope this helps.

nelliethehooker replied on 20/03/2023 19:44

Posted on 20/03/2023 19:18 by eurortraveller

MangoPete,  I am sorry to read your problem. If you would like to say which site you are trying to book and which dates I will look up availability there for you this evening. . If the dates are clear then you can go ahead and learn how to make the booking. I hope this helps.

Posted on 20/03/2023 19:44

However you nor anyone else on here should have to go out of their way to help those that are having problems. This not the only time that members have made strong representations on here about how the new system is unworkable for them when there was a much better workable one in place before they introduced this sorry apology for a booking system!

Bude Camper replied on 23/03/2023 11:33

Posted on 23/03/2023 11:33

The new booking system is so frustrating.

A couple of weeks ago I made a booking for Easter - no issues.

Today I've tried booking 2 sites for June and it won't accept my payment via the website???

I also tried on the app and it won't allow me put input my partners DOB so can't get any further to see if issue with my payment via this route.

Tried calling, sat in the 'queue' for help for 20 minutes and gave up.  Some of us have to work for a living.

I may have to re-think our sites for June and join the other club?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook