New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Outdoorlife replied on 19/11/2023 14:45

Posted on 19/11/2023 14:45

Amazing ...... I've just been reading complaints from over 12 months ago, and the system seems to have got worse since then, not better.  This week I've tried to book 2 sites which both showed online as "full" for the next 12 months.  For the first one I managed to book by ringing the club (and I found that the site was not actually full).  Today I found the same problem with another site, but I can't book it as both my computer and phone won't let me do it, and there is no telephone service on a Sunday.  Just what are we paying for with our membership fees????

Cornersteady replied on 19/11/2023 17:21

Posted on 19/11/2023 14:45 by Outdoorlife

Amazing ...... I've just been reading complaints from over 12 months ago, and the system seems to have got worse since then, not better.  This week I've tried to book 2 sites which both showed online as "full" for the next 12 months.  For the first one I managed to book by ringing the club (and I found that the site was not actually full).  Today I found the same problem with another site, but I can't book it as both my computer and phone won't let me do it, and there is no telephone service on a Sunday.  Just what are we paying for with our membership fees????

Posted on 19/11/2023 17:21

You could always ring the site directly, I know they wardens  answer phones on a Sunday,

InaD replied on 19/11/2023 18:21

Posted on 19/11/2023 17:21 by Cornersteady

You could always ring the site directly, I know they wardens  answer phones on a Sunday,

Posted on 19/11/2023 18:21

It's possible the booking Outdoorlife wants to make is for next year and the site is currently closed?

Takethedogalong replied on 19/11/2023 18:24

Posted on 19/11/2023 18:24

You do need to check all pitch types when booking as well. If you choose service pitches, and there aren’t a lot on the site, then it will show as Full if they have all been booked. Changing your choice to a HS, or Grass option will show differently. 

Tirril replied on 19/11/2023 20:42

Posted on 19/11/2023 20:42

I have used the new system twice and got to the payment  section to find I did not get confirmation of payment and as a result no email confirming the booking. I checked my online bank account and found the money had been taken. I had to phone the main office (not the actual site) who confirmed my payment had been taken and they then completed the procedure. If I had not checked then my booking would not have been reserved but the payment made.

Cornersteady replied on 19/11/2023 20:55

Posted on 19/11/2023 18:21 by InaD

It's possible the booking Outdoorlife wants to make is for next year and the site is currently closed?

Posted on 19/11/2023 20:55

Yes very true but in which case a extra day won't probably make much difference?

InaD replied on 19/11/2023 22:42

Posted on 19/11/2023 20:55 by Cornersteady

Yes very true but in which case a extra day won't probably make much difference?

Posted on 19/11/2023 22:42

Probably not, but that wasn't the point of the post.  The issue is the fact that online booking isn't what it should be.

Cornersteady replied on 20/11/2023 07:28

Posted on 19/11/2023 22:42 by InaD

Probably not, but that wasn't the point of the post.  The issue is the fact that online booking isn't what it should be.

Posted on 20/11/2023 07:28

Well that depends on one's point of view and therefore not really a fact

There has been posts suggesting it but then then these are relatively few compared to the total of all bookings made. And as suggested it could have been showing full if the pitch type was not correctly selected, this has caught a few people out before and others have posted problems only to come back later and say it was their fault and not the booking systems', so again in my view it is not a fact.

it's been absolutely fine for me and never had any problems. 

InaD replied on 20/11/2023 09:04

Posted on 20/11/2023 07:28 by Cornersteady

Well that depends on one's point of view and therefore not really a fact

There has been posts suggesting it but then then these are relatively few compared to the total of all bookings made. And as suggested it could have been showing full if the pitch type was not correctly selected, this has caught a few people out before and others have posted problems only to come back later and say it was their fault and not the booking systems', so again in my view it is not a fact.

it's been absolutely fine for me and never had any problems. 

Posted on 20/11/2023 09:04

But the fact remains that the poster ended up having to ring up to make the booking, and the post by Tirrill above our posts also shows that for his/her booking payment had been taken, but the reservation wasn't made.  Resulting in having to make a call to HO to get it sorted.

Having used other booking systems, I still find this one far from user friendly, and it also appears to still have too many glitches.

SteveL replied on 20/11/2023 09:57

Posted on 20/11/2023 09:57

Having used other booking systems, I still find this one far from user friendly, and it also appears to still have too many glitches.

That was certainly initially the case but my recent uses of the system have been entirely positive. I prefer it to the other clubs version, as it is easy to see availability and price per night up front. My only complaint is with the App, which still only works in portrait even on an  iPad, where it would be more usable in landscape. Also it is really only a front end to the web site and has no offline search capability.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook