New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

wedgy replied on 23/02/2023 11:04

Posted on 23/02/2023 11:04

My basic problem is that the system was replaced with an inferior untested product IMO. I agree that the app is poor and again appears to have again been un tested. The original late availability required one click et voila - done 👍The membership deserves better.

wedgy replied on 23/02/2023 11:15

Posted on 23/02/2023 11:15

Hi Steve please belive me I am not trying to "point score" but you state :-

The first photo shows availability for this weekend 

but it's incorrect, as for example it shows Barnard Castle as available but it isn't open untill March 1st. 

I believe most on here want the same outcome ie a professionally produced system that works well across all devices and operating systems

Pete 

eurortraveller replied on 23/02/2023 11:28

Posted on 23/02/2023 11:15 by wedgy

but it's incorrect, as for example it shows Barnard Castle as available but it isn't open untill March 1st. 

I believe most on here want the same outcome ie a professionally produced system that works well across all devices and operating systems

Pete 

Posted on 23/02/2023 11:28

I just tried availability for Bernard Castle on the website - it took ten seconds to tell me the site is closed until 1 March and then gives me the base price for dates after that. No problem at all.

wedgy replied on 23/02/2023 11:34

Posted on 23/02/2023 11:28 by eurortraveller

I just tried availability for Bernard Castle on the website - it took ten seconds to tell me the site is closed until 1 March and then gives me the base price for dates after that. No problem at all.

Posted on 23/02/2023 11:34

The point is that it shows on the map as available, even worse there are cases when the map shows full or closed when in fact its not so you have to go directly into each site, it's not improvement to the original. 

Tammygirl replied on 23/02/2023 12:43

Posted on 23/02/2023 12:43

Unfortunately incorrect information on site searches is nothing new. 

Even under the old system, I lost count of the times I did a search having given dates, to find that a number of the sites were either closed or didn't have the full dates I was after. Reporting it never made a difference. 

Its a shame that the new booking system  has so many issues still to be resolved.

As has been said often it should not have been launched when it was. 

Can't turn back the clock so need to move on and cope with it until it resembles something like a good experience.

Of course it's not the only offering for campsites so we all have a choice. I wonder how many will leave the club because of this and of course the high fee that is now demanded. 

wedgy replied on 23/02/2023 13:13

Posted on 23/02/2023 13:13

I won't be leaving but I will definitely spend more time looking at other providers. For me the extra cost is not a deal breaker and I am fortunate in that respect, it's more about the whole feeling of a change of priorities within the "Club" .I really do feel sympathy for members who are struggling to find the cash up front (followed by the price increase on arrival) the new system requires. 

SteveL replied on 23/02/2023 16:02

Posted on 23/02/2023 11:15 by wedgy

Pete 

Posted on 23/02/2023 16:02

I referred to the first photo, to me that would be the one on the left. That shows Barnard Castle as closed, as it should for this weekend. The other photo illustrates a weekend in  the middle of March when most sites have opened.

Unless of course its putting photos in different positions on different devices.

wedgy replied on 23/02/2023 18:19

Posted on 23/02/2023 16:02 by SteveL

I referred to the first photo, to me that would be the one on the left. That shows Barnard Castle as closed, as it should for this weekend. The other photo illustrates a weekend in  the middle of March when most sites have opened.

Unless of course its putting photos in different positions on different devices.

Posted on 23/02/2023 18:19

On my Samsung S20fe the first top pic came up as the RH one,  so it must be as you say a device anomaly. 

ScreenNameC1FE02E900 replied on 23/02/2023 18:21

Posted on 23/02/2023 18:21

Had a look at booking Bunree at Fort William. Website is terrible !!  Previous booking system was poor but this is much worse !  - Now the clock isn't even ticking !!

£42.90 per night for a non serviced pitch in June with basic facilities.  I could get B&B for not much more !!   Apparently it would be £57.90 for a non member !!????........... Crazy !

I'll be cancelling my renewal !

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook