New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 23/02/2023 08:07

Posted on 23/02/2023 08:07

The inability of the club to establish a late availability list to equal the old system or show booking locations on the upcoming bookings list or even being able to print the list after 6 month is unbelievable.

Totally agree re the up and coming bookings, you wouldn’t think it a particularly difficult fix.
However, late availability is available, just in a different manner. For an individual site you can just scroll through the calendar, or for an area utilise the map view. The first photo shows availability for this weekend and the second  for one in the middle of March. It doesn’t allow you to select a pitch type, as the old system did, although I found that didn’t always work anyway, so no great loss.

brue replied on 23/02/2023 08:19

Posted on 23/02/2023 08:19

Steve, I think I recall that CAMC have noted that people prefer a straightforward late availability "list" but for reasons unknown to all they have so far only managed to produce a partial list. It will be good to see this issue sorted as people emerge from winter. smile

SteveL replied on 23/02/2023 08:27

Posted on 23/02/2023 08:19 by brue

Steve, I think I recall that CAMC have noted that people prefer a straightforward late availability "list" but for reasons unknown to all they have so far only managed to produce a partial list. It will be good to see this issue sorted as people emerge from winter. smile

Posted on 23/02/2023 08:27

I recall something similar brue, and they may well produce something along the lines of the old one in the future. However given the time it’s taking to make quite simple changes, it could be a while. My post was just to highlight that late availability info is available in a different manner until that day arrives.

Lyke Wake Man replied on 23/02/2023 08:36

Posted on 22/02/2023 19:39 by JollyKernow

There are elements of data that can't be stored due to gdpr regs which are available to view pretty much anywhere in the country which any business has to adhere to. The club cannot legally store data like card details for those reasons, that's why you have to input card details every time so how ridiculous and very inconvenient would it be if the club saved you that time and your details were gained by someone illicitly?

I think the date of birth thing is being sorted.

JK

Posted on 23/02/2023 08:36

so why can ebay, amazon and all the other online  retailers store your card details on their system

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 23/02/2023 08:47

Posted on 23/02/2023 08:36 by Lyke Wake Man

so why can ebay, amazon and all the other online  retailers store your card details on their system

Posted on 23/02/2023 08:47

I can’t offer any input re legality but I can offer practical reasoning-I pay for monthly subscriptions to streaming services etc, they take payments every month from my accounts yet they don’t contact me monthly to give my details again but the payments are taken so they must be storing my CCard details🤷🏻‍♂️

brue replied on 23/02/2023 09:09

Posted on 23/02/2023 09:09

Transactions between customers, merchants and banks cost money and require high levels of security. However as far as CAMC is concerned it remains a mystery.

SteveL replied on 23/02/2023 09:35

Posted on 23/02/2023 09:35

Perhaps the question should be. Do you really want the CAMC storing your data on their system. What would be nice if they could include Apple / Android pay as an option. I could then pay with my fingerprint rather than have to put in card details each time. Quite a few retailers are using it and I much prefer it to other methods as you are not giving your card details out each time. Apple of course already have them but they are hidden from the retailer.

wedgy replied on 23/02/2023 09:59

Posted on 23/02/2023 08:07 by brue

https://survey.alchemer.eu/s3/90487485/Booking-Capability-feedback 

I'm adding this again if anyone needs to use it. smile

Posted on 23/02/2023 09:59

I have used this feedback form 3 times and no changes have been made to improve the system. The club are using members to provide a Beta survey retrospectively - something which allegedly was carried out before the roll out. With regard to late availability the old system which listed all availability in area format was the idea method instead we now have to create our own work around to provide a solution. The revews on Trust Pilot and other forums must be addressed for the good of the membership. After 6 month the current system is still a very poor substitute for its predisessor. I wonder if anyone has been to the Birmingham Show and confronted the people on the CAMC stand ?? 

SteveL replied on 23/02/2023 10:29

Posted on 23/02/2023 10:29

the old system which listed all availability in area format was the idea method instead we now have to create our own work around to provide a solution.

Whilst not the same as the old system the maps I included above do show availability in an area format. You can pick which area simply by moving the map. No need to input anything else. If you put in a weekend it will show sites that have availability for the full weekend. If you put in a week it will show sites with availability for that whole week. It is very far from a work around, it’s using the system as it was designed. When a new system is introduced things change and sometimes we have to work in a different way. They may very well bring back the old style of late availability, however I doubt it is high priority, nor should it be in my opinion, there are a lot of more important matters that require addressing. Providing an App that works like an App being one.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook