New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JollyKernow replied on 22/02/2023 21:11

Posted on 22/02/2023 21:11

I did mention gdpr regs, no ones obviously not looked into that. Credit card info is completely different to direct debit details. Two different levels of security. 

So much splitting hairs on everything, every sentence, every word even that any poster tries with anything remotely positive. How many new posters come and go in a short time. Like many many others, read only here seems better than trying to contribute.

JK

brue replied on 22/02/2023 21:14

Posted on 22/02/2023 21:14

Sorry if responses have upset you JK, but it's also fair to point up anything amiss. Nothing personal intended. smile

Tinwheeler replied on 22/02/2023 21:30

Posted on 22/02/2023 21:11 by JollyKernow

I did mention gdpr regs, no ones obviously not looked into that. Credit card info is completely different to direct debit details. Two different levels of security. 

So much splitting hairs on everything, every sentence, every word even that any poster tries with anything remotely positive. How many new posters come and go in a short time. Like many many others, read only here seems better than trying to contribute.

JK

Posted on 22/02/2023 21:30

It’s a discussion forum, JK. We discuss and debate. I find it interesting and mind broadening to read differing opinions.

Tammygirl replied on 22/02/2023 22:14

Posted on 22/02/2023 22:14

I'm confused, if I make a ferry booking, I pay a deposit on my credit card. Near the time of my sailing date the balance is taken from my CC, I'm not contacted for this balance it happens automatic, so they must store my details. 

Doesn't the same now happen when making a site booking, if so then they hold the CC  details.

Am I missing something here. 

SteveL replied on 22/02/2023 22:57

Posted on 22/02/2023 22:57

If it’s like the C&CC the credit card details are tagged to the booking, they are not held anywhere centrally and when the booking is finalised (after taking the balance) they are Deleted User. I assume it is the third party that takes the initial deposit that looks after the information but could be wrong. It is why, with the C&CC at least, you can’t easily update your credit card details if you change your card. Not tried it yet with CAMC, so no idea if it’s possible.

wedgy replied on 22/02/2023 23:28

Posted on 22/02/2023 23:28

As a somewhat transient visitor to this discussion forum my personal opinion of the new "improved" booking system is one of utter dissapontment. There is not one single element of the new system that is more user friendly than its predisessor. The inability of the club to establish a late availability list to equal the old system or show booking locations on the upcoming bookings list or even being able to print the list after 6 month is unbelievable. The way that Trust Pilot reviews are requested to fill out the survey to be forwarded to the relevant department without any improvements beggars believe. When will we see genuine improvements to the system and when will members receive a genuine apology from the club leadership ? In any other multi million pound operating heads would roll but all we get is a mention of a few problems in the first 3 days of the system which has now been resolved  !!

JollyKernow replied on 23/02/2023 07:41

Posted on 22/02/2023 22:57 by SteveL

If it’s like the C&CC the credit card details are tagged to the booking, they are not held anywhere centrally and when the booking is finalised (after taking the balance) they are deleted. I assume it is the third party that takes the initial deposit that looks after the information but could be wrong. It is why, with the C&CC at least, you can’t easily update your credit card details if you change your card. Not tried it yet with CAMC, so no idea if it’s possible.

Posted on 23/02/2023 07:41

That's pretty much it Steve, it's the same booking system after all.

JK

JollyKernow replied on 23/02/2023 07:49

Posted on 22/02/2023 21:30 by Tinwheeler

It’s a discussion forum, JK. We discuss and debate. I find it interesting and mind broadening to read differing opinions.

Posted on 23/02/2023 07:49

Maybe the "discuss and debate" part should alter just a little. How many threads with stacks of Deleted User posts by the same small core of people "discussing and debating". There are times this forum really comes across as unfriendly, I keep saying it but the negativity and that unfriendly feeling really is keeping people away.

JK

brue replied on 23/02/2023 07:50

Posted on 23/02/2023 07:50

In reply to Steve L, no you can't update cards. I have asked about this twice on feedback, there has been no mention of this in the improvements list. This also ties in with the booking confirmation anomaly we mentioned previously, the confirmation  e mail and "my booking" where one says "payment on arrival" and the other says "payment taken before arrival" these are valid financial queries on behalf of all of us. 

For me this problem raised itself when my card became out of date and there is a balance payment which will be due soon.

Trust Pilot responses to the New Booking System constantly include apologies and ask members to use the feedback form. There is also an attached note alongside Trust Pilot acknowledging that improvements are still being instigated. However financial issues are, in IMHO, of specific importance and I'm surprised these need to be raised.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook