New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JollyKernow replied on 18/02/2023 10:51

Posted on 18/02/2023 09:40 by Arch

Marazion is closed forever unfortunately 

Posted on 18/02/2023 10:51

Most definitely. It was hard work moving all the furniture out of that tiny office door!

It's unlikely to be a campsite again as more mineshafts have opened up over the winter. The cost to fill the two that opened in 2017 was unbelievable.

JK

Tinwheeler replied on 18/02/2023 11:02

Posted on 18/02/2023 10:51 by JollyKernow

Most definitely. It was hard work moving all the furniture out of that tiny office door!

It's unlikely to be a campsite again as more mineshafts have opened up over the winter. The cost to fill the two that opened in 2017 was unbelievable.

JK

Posted on 18/02/2023 11:02

That's a great shame - another good site lost.

However, one wonders why it still appears on the website in any form given it's gone, finito, extinct.

JollyKernow replied on 18/02/2023 14:15

Posted on 18/02/2023 11:02 by Tinwheeler

That's a great shame - another good site lost.

However, one wonders why it still appears on the website in any form given it's gone, finito, extinct.

Posted on 18/02/2023 14:15

Way way above my pay grade TWundecided

JK

GraemeL replied on 18/02/2023 15:38

Posted on 18/02/2023 15:38

The new system is a nightmare as far as I am concerned.  If you make a block booking for several sites meaning the various deposits are added into one payment.   If you then need to amend the booking by changing one site for another, the only way to do it is to cancel one and book the new one separately.   That would not be so bad but you do not get your deposit back for the cancelled site although the total cost of the block booking is reduced by the value of the deposit paid.  You also have to pay a deposit for the new site.   To my simple mind this is tantamount to fraudulent practice!

On ringing the booking team there appears to be only one way round this and that is to book each site individually resulting in more transactions and ultimately costing the club more.  I do not understand why it has been made so difficult.   I am retired and usually make several two, three or four week trips per year. 

Takethedogalong replied on 18/02/2023 15:59

Posted on 18/02/2023 10:51 by JollyKernow

JK

Posted on 18/02/2023 15:59

That’s the most interesting piece of information I have read in a while JK. As Marazion was our very favourite Club Site, you can understand how disappointed and upset we have felt about losing this lovely little site. However, we know about the ever present risk of mine shafts in the area, and the risk and cost of it happening again, is possibly something the Club doesn’t want to throw huge sums of cash at. Why this hadn’t been explained as part of the reason for closure I don’t know, it’s a lot more of an explanation than just closing it. Thanks anyway for that, makes the decision more understandable now. But very sad. The nearby CL has gone as well, and I don’t think the private campsite on the back road into Hayle is still open, so we would need to have a rethink to find a location as convenient as Threeways. 

Sorry to go of topic..

Tinwheeler replied on 18/02/2023 16:12

Posted on 18/02/2023 15:59 by Takethedogalong

That’s the most interesting piece of information I have read in a while JK. As Marazion was our very favourite Club Site, you can understand how disappointed and upset we have felt about losing this lovely little site. However, we know about the ever present risk of mine shafts in the area, and the risk and cost of it happening again, is possibly something the Club doesn’t want to throw huge sums of cash at. Why this hadn’t been explained as part of the reason for closure I don’t know, it’s a lot more of an explanation than just closing it. Thanks anyway for that, makes the decision more understandable now. But very sad. The nearby CL has gone as well, and I don’t think the private campsite on the back road into Hayle is still open, so we would need to have a rethink to find a location as convenient as Threeways. 

Sorry to go of topic..

Posted on 18/02/2023 16:12

There’s a site opposite Wheal Alfred NAWT animal rescue centre on the cross country road to Hayle, TDA. I can’t remember its name and know nothing about it although I’m very familiar with the kennels 😀

SteveL replied on 18/02/2023 16:41

Posted on 18/02/2023 16:41

On ringing the booking team there appears to be only one way round this and that is to book each site individually resulting in more transactions and ultimately costing the club more. I do not understand why it has been made so difficult. I am retired and usually make several two, three or four week trips per year.

I’ve made several bookings under the new system but all separately. Personally I would never use the multiple function, as I like separate confirmations. They say we asked to do it but it wasn’t me, I am happy booking one at a time.

Wherenext replied on 18/02/2023 18:57

Posted on 18/02/2023 18:57

Thanks for explaining about Marazion JK.

Typical club lack of communication yet again. Abysmal 

Takethedogalong replied on 18/02/2023 19:33

Posted on 18/02/2023 16:12 by Tinwheeler

There’s a site opposite Wheal Alfred NAWT animal rescue centre on the cross country road to Hayle, TDA. I can’t remember its name and know nothing about it although I’m very familiar with the kennels 😀

Posted on 18/02/2023 19:33

Thanks Tinny, didn’t know about that one. I quite fancy WhealRodney during quiet times as well. We used to swim there, and do our laundry. Pleasant place. 😁

JollyKernow replied on 18/02/2023 19:55

Posted on 18/02/2023 19:55

For clarity I just need to say my post above was not the official reason for that site closing, just a summationsmile.

JK

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook