New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Wherenext replied on 15/02/2023 21:37

Posted on 15/02/2023 21:37

Doesn't the fact that "we  are continually working on improvements to the website" some 6 months after its launch indicate that they made a complete dogs dinner of it in the first place?

In addition some issues such DOB requests should have long ago been sorted out if they have been continually working on it.

Rowennas' OP says they are working extremely hard to resolve etc. What? 6 months and still members are experiencing difficulties? If they can't solve their initial problems 6 months after launch isn't that proof that they are simply not technically good enough to do so?

I understand that some members are finding work arounds or have no problems at all but there are still people encountering it for the first time and finding it a minefield.

peedee replied on 16/02/2023 06:31

Posted on 16/02/2023 06:31

If they can't solve their initial problems 6 months after launch isn't that proof that they are simply not technically good enough to do so?

Possibly but there could be other reasons especially if they have outsorced some or all of the work. You then bring communications and contracts into play. Even so the fault in all these problems being experienced still rests with the Club.

peedee

wedgy replied on 16/02/2023 14:59

Posted on 09/02/2023 17:51 by Twos more then one

What  a differance a deposit has made to the booking system 
Blocked weekends gone ,no problem booking 4 weeks  in Scotland,and three weeks in Wales ,What a differance a year makes ,and the application of a deposit 
BRILLIANT system ,should have been done years ago 

Posted on 16/02/2023 14:59

You forgot to say 7 weeks all at a bargain price. They should have increased the price years ago 🤣

Takethedogalong replied on 16/02/2023 15:06

Posted on 16/02/2023 15:06

The Club will be so pleased they have tiny group of “best thing that ever happened” acolytes🤣

Some of us never had a problem getting the sites and dates we wanted previously, it was merely a case of application and being organised🤭

wedgy replied on 16/02/2023 16:46

Posted on 16/02/2023 16:46

7 week at average £45 = £2205 🤑 Let's hope they impose the Food Price Inflation rate of 17% in April and we can look forward to even better availability ! 

SteveL replied on 17/02/2023 09:44

Posted on 17/02/2023 09:44

I don’t know if this has happened during the latest bout of maintenance but closed sites are now showing as closed. I’m sure the last time I looked they showed as full. Anyway checking availability  now works well. The photo shows availability for this weekend. Even on an iPad screen you can cover a fair area and still see the status, on a larger desktop screen it would be even better.

brue replied on 17/02/2023 10:51

Posted on 17/02/2023 10:51

I have become super cautious about improvements so I checked the map on my android phone and it's awful, all over the place. I tend to rely on the lists only, which have improved. The big problem appears to be the device specific experiences. The "chat box" is getting in the way of my searches at the moment.

At home we have moved away from a large desktop and possibly like many we now rely on smaller devices. When away we use our phones, chrome book etc as mini computers.

This is just to say that individual experiences vary so much according to devices used and search preferences.smile

peedee replied on 17/02/2023 11:02

Posted on 17/02/2023 09:44 by SteveL

I don’t know if this has happened during the latest bout of maintenance but closed sites are now showing as closed. I’m sure the last time I looked they showed as full. Anyway checking availability  now works well. The photo shows availability for this weekend. Even on an iPad screen you can cover a fair area and still see the status, on a larger desktop screen it would be even better.

Posted on 17/02/2023 11:02

That is not the only thing that appears to have changed, there is now a from price included for each site in the list of sites when you search an area.

peedee

InaD replied on 17/02/2023 11:28

Posted on 17/02/2023 10:51 by brue

I have become super cautious about improvements so I checked the map on my android phone and it's awful, all over the place. I tend to rely on the lists only, which have improved. The big problem appears to be the device specific experiences. The "chat box" is getting in the way of my searches at the moment.

At home we have moved away from a large desktop and possibly like many we now rely on smaller devices. When away we use our phones, chrome book etc as mini computers.

This is just to say that individual experiences vary so much according to devices used and search preferences.smile

Posted on 17/02/2023 11:28

+1 brue.  I am also using Android, on a tablet.  I have just tried to have a look at Cumbria.  In contrast to SteveL's post, saying sites now show as "closed", on my map they still show as "full", just as before.

Like you, the screen was extremely cluttered: the right half was taken up by the map, the top left by the search panel, which left only enough space to see one site at a time below that panel.

Another anomaly I just found was that, when I clicked to include CLs, then filtered to include toiletblocks, the number of sites changed from 115 to 9!  I really don't think that out of a total of 124 sites and CLs, only 9 have a toiletblock undecided The map covered from the NW coast of Cumbria, above Maryport, to Ingleton in Yorkshire in the SE area of the map.

I agree brue, Individual experiences vary so much according to devices used and search preferences.  I consider myself computer literate, although of course with anything that's changed, it does take a bit of getting used to. But IMHO the problems encountered with the new system have nothing at all to do with an individual's ability or inability to use the system.

wedgy replied on 17/02/2023 16:56

Posted on 17/02/2023 16:56

Our daughter is currently at Clumber Park ,she tells me it very quite, only about 20% occupancy. Checking the availability callender it shows full today and tomorrow then low every day after that. Does anyone at HQ check the reliability of the callenders ?? 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook