New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Takethedogalong replied on 17/02/2023 17:25

Posted on 17/02/2023 17:25

It’s half term around S Yorks as well, and weather is quite decent so if Clumber isn’t busy, I would say there’s an issue somewhere🤷‍♀️

InaD replied on 17/02/2023 22:57

Posted on 17/02/2023 16:56 by wedgy

Our daughter is currently at Clumber Park ,she tells me it very quite, only about 20% occupancy. Checking the availability callender it shows full today and tomorrow then low every day after that. Does anyone at HQ check the reliability of the callenders ?? 

Posted on 17/02/2023 22:57

Does anyone at HQ check the reliability of the callenders ??

I've wondered that too.  Having looked at a few sites in Cumbria (following on from my earlier post) out of interest I looked at Meathop Fell; a site we've stayed at a number of times in the past.  It's open all year, yet the calendar states it's closed at the moment.  Nothing about any closure on the site page, or anywhere else that I could see.  It was showing as closed until the 24th of February.  Very odd.

SteveL replied on 17/02/2023 23:21

Posted on 17/02/2023 22:57 by InaD

Does anyone at HQ check the reliability of the callenders ??

I've wondered that too.  Having looked at a few sites in Cumbria (following on from my earlier post) out of interest I looked at Meathop Fell; a site we've stayed at a number of times in the past.  It's open all year, yet the calendar states it's closed at the moment.  Nothing about any closure on the site page, or anywhere else that I could see.  It was showing as closed until the 24th of February.  Very odd.

Posted on 17/02/2023 23:21

Indeed, very odd. Looks like it might be another device related problem, as with sites showing full when closed. It is showing as open, with prices displayed on my iPad.

peedee replied on 18/02/2023 06:51

Posted on 17/02/2023 23:21 by SteveL

Indeed, very odd. Looks like it might be another device related problem, as with sites showing full when closed. It is showing as open, with prices displayed on my iPad.

Posted on 18/02/2023 06:51

Maybe information is being retrieved from cache rather than from the net?

I notice if you are searching on an area and don't put in dates they will show "Full" Put in dates say early March and they will then show closed.

peedee

SteveL replied on 18/02/2023 08:04

Posted on 18/02/2023 06:51 by peedee

Maybe information is being retrieved from cache rather than from the net?

I notice if you are searching on an area and don't put in dates they will show "Full" Put in dates say early March and they will then show closed.

peedee

Posted on 18/02/2023 08:04

I suppose pulling data from the cache could be a cause. It certainly does that in relation to avatars, with it not changing until it’s been cleared.

I tried it  without dates and again there seems to be a difference on an iPad. The photo is roughly the same area as before and all CAMC sites have prices, I think the base price for the year.

peedee replied on 18/02/2023 08:52

Posted on 18/02/2023 08:52

Agree, what are you getting if you search "Cornwall" and what does it say for Marazion? I am using W10 Firefox on my desk top.

peedee

peedee replied on 18/02/2023 08:58

Posted on 18/02/2023 08:58

I notice when it does say "Full" give it a second or two and it does change to the price. The length of the delay may depend on device and internet connection in use? The exception seems to be Marazion.

peedee

SteveL replied on 18/02/2023 09:24

Posted on 18/02/2023 09:24

If I search for Cornwall I get dates on all but Marazion, which shows as full. I have noticed it briefly (almost unnoticeable) flicking from full to closed or a price when I change zoom level. Marazion shows as full for all dates it is supposed to be open on availability as well.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook