New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Tinwheeler replied on 18/02/2023 20:31

Posted on 18/02/2023 19:33 by Takethedogalong

Thanks Tinny, didn’t know about that one. I quite fancy WhealRodney during quiet times as well. We used to swim there, and do our laundry. Pleasant place. 😁

Posted on 18/02/2023 20:31

I found it…

https://treglisson.co.uk/prices-and-terms/

Prices are exclusive of VAT and the T&Cs make CAMC's seem favourable 🥺

PS. Here’s another over Helston way. Are you sitting down? 🤣🫢

https://www.whealvreaghfarm.co.uk

Takethedogalong replied on 18/02/2023 20:39

Posted on 18/02/2023 19:55 by JollyKernow

For clarity I just need to say my post above was not the official reason for that site closing, just a summationsmile.

JK

Posted on 18/02/2023 20:39

Not a problem JK. But it would make sense. The CL up the road we used to stay on had a barn disappear down a mineshaft one year, perils of the location😱

Twos more then one replied on 21/02/2023 18:49

Posted on 21/02/2023 18:49

Another two sites booked, and no problem with speculative weekend booking.
What a change from last year ,brilliant system should have been done years ago

wedgy replied on 21/02/2023 22:58

Posted on 21/02/2023 18:49 by Twos more then one

Another two sites booked, and no problem with speculative weekend booking.
What a change from last year ,brilliant system should have been done years ago

Posted on 21/02/2023 22:58

Keep up the good work, if you carry on like this there won't be any pitches left for the rest of us to book 😀 

JP and Wool replied on 22/02/2023 15:54

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31 by Rowena

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Posted on 22/02/2023 15:54

I’m afraid the new booking system must have been produced by an amateur. I don’t like having to enter profile information every time I try and book a site (spouse’s details including date of birth for example) and having to type in my payment card every time is ridiculous and incredibly inconvenient. Why oh why would an upgrade revert back to 1990’s input screens? 
To be frank, I find it so annoying that the CAMC is  now my last resort when booking a site as it’s just a pain . Sorry; If you fix it I’ll love you all again. 
John. 

JollyKernow replied on 22/02/2023 19:39

Posted on 22/02/2023 15:54 by JP and Wool

I’m afraid the new booking system must have been produced by an amateur. I don’t like having to enter profile information every time I try and book a site (spouse’s details including date of birth for example) and having to type in my payment card every time is ridiculous and incredibly inconvenient. Why oh why would an upgrade revert back to 1990’s input screens? 
To be frank, I find it so annoying that the CAMC is  now my last resort when booking a site as it’s just a pain . Sorry; If you fix it I’ll love you all again. 
John. 

Posted on 22/02/2023 19:39

There are elements of data that can't be stored due to gdpr regs which are available to view pretty much anywhere in the country which any business has to adhere to. The club cannot legally store data like card details for those reasons, that's why you have to input card details every time so how ridiculous and very inconvenient would it be if the club saved you that time and your details were gained by someone illicitly?

I think the date of birth thing is being sorted.

JK

Hja replied on 22/02/2023 20:14

Posted on 22/02/2023 19:39 by JollyKernow

There are elements of data that can't be stored due to gdpr regs which are available to view pretty much anywhere in the country which any business has to adhere to. The club cannot legally store data like card details for those reasons, that's why you have to input card details every time so how ridiculous and very inconvenient would it be if the club saved you that time and your details were gained by someone illicitly?

I think the date of birth thing is being sorted.

JK

Posted on 22/02/2023 20:14

I am not sure that is quite correct.  There are many organisations who do store card details e.g. Sainsburys, and many who ask you if you want your details stored.

Personally, where given the option, I dont allow the company to store my details.  That is my choice.

K Brown replied on 22/02/2023 20:35

Posted on 22/02/2023 20:35

Whatever has been said, it 

does not make the new system any easier to navigate than the previous one. It was so much easier to see all types of pitches available. However, we are where we are. The club have tried to adapt a ferry/hotel booking system to a campsite booking system. That was never going to work, no matter what the sales people said to  those who bought into this. It was a bad decision, a badly designed system, however we are stuck with it, and the managers who agreed to it going live will never accept that it was anything other than a complete shambles.

What organisation tries it to make more difficult for long time members to make commitments? The serial non arrivals should have been easy to identify and deal with.

Tinwheeler replied on 22/02/2023 20:36

Posted on 22/02/2023 20:14 by Hja

I am not sure that is quite correct.  There are many organisations who do store card details e.g. Sainsburys, and many who ask you if you want your details stored.

Personally, where given the option, I dont allow the company to store my details.  That is my choice.

Posted on 22/02/2023 20:36

Yes, it’s my understanding that data can be stored providing the individual gives permission. I suppose if CAMC doesn’t seek permission then they cannot legally store details so in that respect JK is also correct.

brue replied on 22/02/2023 20:41

Posted on 22/02/2023 20:14 by Hja

Posted on 22/02/2023 20:41

Also CAMC retain Direct Debit details, it can be done.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook