New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 06/02/2023 13:16

Posted on 06/02/2023 11:04 by ScreenName3F77B68062

I'm trying to book a campsite for this weekend ie early Feb. If I use the club app on my iphone or ipad most of the search criteria is missing from the screen. The functionality is all there when I use my computer but when I enter the start and finish dates and press search I get lots of results but when I open each one it turns out that they are not actually open in February. This is so frustrating - has anyone else found this problem or am I doing something wrong? What's the point of entering a date range if the system ignores it in the search results?

Posted on 06/02/2023 13:16

Also on an iPad. Yes functionality of the search / filters is different between the App and web site. However, neither seem to work correctly. Sites in Yorkshire for this weekend returns several closed ones and some not in Yorkshire. Fortunately for me I have never used the search to pick sites, just picked a location and then seen if there is a site open in the vicinity with availability. I suggest you do the same. 
One day the search might function correctly, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Twos more then one replied on 09/02/2023 17:51

Posted on 09/02/2023 17:51

What  a differance a deposit has made to the booking system 
Blocked weekends gone ,no problem booking 4 weeks  in Scotland,and three weeks in Wales ,What a differance a year makes ,and the application of a deposit 
BRILLIANT system ,should have been done years ago 

Kasspa replied on 10/02/2023 15:02

Posted on 09/02/2023 17:51 by Twos more then one

Blocked weekends gone ,no problem booking 4 weeks  in Scotland,and three weeks in Wales ,What a differance a year makes ,and the application of a deposit 

Posted on 10/02/2023 15:02

I had no problem doing that with the old system wink

For the life of me, I don't know why the DOB's are now required for ALL guests.... what 'marketing purposes' do they need that info for of a 10 year old....!

Far too 'clunky' for me + I've just been 'stung' an extra 20 quid overnight for delaying a booking for an extra adult & child from the quoted price the night before.....

The benefits aren't always +ve.....

TimboC replied on 10/02/2023 15:47

Posted on 09/02/2023 17:51 by Twos more then one

Posted on 10/02/2023 15:47

Yes, I agree.

We've been trying to book a week at Chatsworth for the past 2 years, but couldn't due to weekends being booked up.

We managed at the first time of trying this year

MEL6OBAR replied on 10/02/2023 16:19

Posted on 10/02/2023 16:19

I was speaking to a warden over Xmas and he explained that the old booking system was based on a Hotel type system but is now based on a Airline type system !?

Before Xmas we booked a 4 night break at a local site 7 weeks in advance,3 days after booking a letter arrived to cancel a hospital appointment for my wife and giving a new date for her appointment this new date was on the first day of our arranged booking,no problem i thought i will just move the dates along by one day so i went into my bookings and into amend booking as i have occasionally done before,30 mins later and much blue air i gave up and contacted the site by phone and spoke to a very helpful warden who said no problem you are the 5th person today !?.

the club seems to be infiltrated with 20 year old IT ( EXPERTS ? ) who think the whole world revolves around them,well i can tell them NO if it is`nt broke don`t fix it.

And as for the prices after 22 years of membership we are now avoiding club sites for CLs we have booked a CL in June for 14 nights on fully serviced pitch for £326 the nearest club site wanted £506,i`m sure someone will say costs have gone up which i accept but if a CL can make money why can`t the club it`s just a ripoff

SteveL replied on 13/02/2023 10:51

Posted on 13/02/2023 10:51

I see that the new booking system now shows more than 20 locations in the list and there is a link to the old website pages for prices and directions for CL’s. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a link to directions for the sites themselves.

I wonder when they updated that?

peedee replied on 13/02/2023 13:11

Posted on 13/02/2023 13:11

There were a couple of downtimes towards the end of last week, it was probably done then. It would be nice if told us it had been done. This very bad lack of communications makes me think there are third parties involved who might be doing just what they like?

peedee

ianpat66 replied on 15/02/2023 19:19

Posted on 15/02/2023 19:19

I have reported a problem with trying to book a tent pitch for a non member, but am not convinced anything will be done. It was always the case (and still is according to the website) that tent pitches were the same for members and non members, with no extra surcharge for being a non member.

Been trying to book a tent pitch for my daughter and grandson but there is no way the website will allow a booking without adding the £15 non member surcharge. This makes a night in a tent £49 in June. It would be cheaper to stay in the hotel up the road!

Live chat didn't help and a review on Trustpilot did bring a response from the club, including a survey link to restate the problem.

It is so much hassle doing what should be a simple thing.

I guess the only way will be to phone and wait in an endless queue to book. And that is supposed to be progress!

brue replied on 15/02/2023 19:30

Posted on 15/02/2023 19:30

I saw your comments on TP and thought the response you received was unsatisfactory. The club needs to take responsibility and help people find real solutions.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook